New Scheme for Conference Games

Ziggy

I think the new wrinkle we pull out against WI next week is the 5-2 set. With Martin being our 3rd DE and an unbalanced DL. I also think we will seen the emergence of a DE/LB player which I think will also be martin due to his previous playing of both positions. It plays out much like our peso did last year, where our base is a 5-2 and martin can either rush the passer/ball carrier or slide into a middle zone while 2 more "agile" Lb's play in flats/Zone/Man. Thoughts?

No this is completely from my own head, I know they talked about running a 5-2 in spring and fall but other than that I am just making up what I think would work well against the Badgers. And I will be at the game so I want to see something crazy happen live.

We ran this against CU last year and it worked wonderfully. Our 2 backers could be David and Stafford.

That would be grand. Fisher and Compton have been disappointing this year. Fisher more so than Compton. Both lack the speed to cover RBs/TEs in the flats.

Considering Fisher's overall lack of size, you'd think he'd make up for it with speed ala LaVonte, but no, he's slow and weak. He needs to be off the field. Compton is a good run stuffer but when teams play-action or send backs out of the backfield, he's too slow to cover them effectively. I'd like to see Whaley out there in place for either of them.

Hopefully the Pelini brothers have something cooked up for Big 10 play because I don't think our current 4-3 personnel is going to cut it.

That would be grand. Fisher and Compton have been disappointing this year. Fisher more so than Compton. Both lack the speed to cover RBs/TEs in the flats.

Eh, *David* has trouble covering RBs and TEs out in the flats. That is because ANY linebacker does. It is a mismatch, plain and simple.

Considering Fisher's overall lack of size, you'd think he'd make up for it with speed ala LaVonte, but no, he's slow and weak.

Fisher is 6'6 and 235 lbs. I am not sure where you get the 'overall lack of size' from. I mean, he is really tall and those types tend to be a bit stiffer and less fluid than a guy like Lavonte, who is 6'1 and 225.

Probably Hagg could cover those guys in the flats pretty well in comparison, but you're talking about a cornerback/safety/"peso" whatever. I think Fisher probably deserves a bit more credit than he has been given so far, but it does seem like he is still feeling the effects of his injury.

There are a lot of things they practiced in spring and this fall on both sides of the ball that we haven't seen yet. I know they had a few things set back for Wisconsin and some other things for OSU although some of that might have changed with the latter
now that they have a different qb than expected

You are talking about both Wiscy and OSU on the bolded part, correct?

There are a lot of things they practiced in spring and this fall on both sides of the ball that we haven't seen yet. I know they had a few things set back for Wisconsin and some other things for OSU although some of that might have changed with the latter

I wonder this as well.

There are a lot of things they practiced in spring and this fall on both sides of the ball that we haven't seen yet. I know they had a few things set back for Wisconsin and some other things for OSU although some of that might have changed with
the latter

• Fire 1

There are a lot of things they practiced in spring and this fall on both sides of the ball that we haven't seen yet. I know they had a few things set back for Wisconsin and some other things for OSU although some of that might have changed with
the latter

What does a latter have to do with this? We're not climbing anything. We are talking about football. :)