Ready for B1G Football?

BigBully

Welcome to BIG TEN Football. You've finally made it to the BIG leagues. This is a much different animal than the pass happy Big 12. We take great pride in beating you 24-3 here. But there's also a chance of us putting 50 or 60 up simply because we have become too much to handle for alot of teams. The past few years we have viewed the Big 12 North on Par with the MWC. TCU, Utah, Boise St., Air Force, BYU, Wyoming, SDSU, Fresno St... was a solid league. Similar to Kansas, Iowa St. Kansas State, Mizzou, Nebraska and Colorado. We know you guys have been down for awhile ever since the Callahan debacle, but you guys appear to be heading in the right direction now. That said, I believe you guys are going to struggle in the Big 10 for awhile during your adjustment period. This is a totally different animal. I can't think of any Big 12 teams that could have prepared you for whats coming. 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

wisconsint.jpg

In 2010, run-first Big 10 teams averaged 38.8 attempts per/g, while pass first Big 12 teams 38.7 attempts per/g. Over the total course of the season, Big 10 teams combined averaged 465 attempts between them, Big 12 teams averaged 472. The physicalness of the Big 10 yielded an average of 6 more ypg rushing then the Big 12, 178 ypg to 171 ypg.

Ya gotta admit, this is going to one helluva fun week leading up to great matchup at Madison!!! I haven't seen this much excitement in a looooooong time in the Big 10... B1G.... (or whatever they call our conference anymore) ... Old fashioned 'trench warfare' at its finest. Sprinkle in two exciting QB's, a hugh Badger offensive line, an extremely athletic/quick Husker D-line, and some fine special teams play (Husker's Maher (sp?) could play an extremely important part in the outcome of this game) makes for great recipe.

I hope/pray that we see an instant BTN Classic with both teams playing up to their total capabilities... and the coaches finally opening up their playbooks. It'll be neat seeing how both Coaches make needed 'adjustments' to the play on the field.

Sat. nite can't come too soon!!!

Dang! let's see a great game !!!!

• Fire 2

Ya gotta admit, this is going to one helluva fun week leading up to great matchup at Madison!!! I haven't seen this much excitement in a looooooong time in the Big 10... B1G.... (or whatever they call our conference anymore) ... Old fashioned 'trench warfare' at its finest. Sprinkle in two exciting QB's, a hugh Badger offensive line, an extremely athletic/quick Husker D-line, and some fine special teams play (Husker's Maher (sp?) could play an extremely important part in the outcome of this game) makes for great recipe.

I hope/pray that we see an instant BTN Classic with both teams playing up to their total capabilities... and the coaches finally opening up their playbooks. It'll be neat seeing how both Coaches make needed 'adjustments' to the play on the field.

Sat. nite can't come too soon!!!

Dang! let's see a great game !!!!

I'm so pumped for Saturday. I like you a lot more than the OP. Welcome to the board.

Welcome to BIG TEN Football. You've finally made it to the BIG leagues. This is a much different animal than the pass happy Big 12. We take great pride in beating you 24-3 here. But there's also a chance of us putting 50 or 60 up simply because we have become too much to handle for alot of teams. The past few years we have viewed the Big 12 North on Par with the MWC. TCU, Utah, Boise St., Air Force, BYU, Wyoming, SDSU, Fresno St... was a solid league. Similar to Kansas, Iowa St. Kansas State, Mizzou, Nebraska and Colorado. We know you guys have been down for awhile ever since the Callahan debacle, but you guys appear to be heading in the right direction now. That said, I believe you guys are going to struggle in the Big 10 for awhile during your adjustment period. This is a totally different animal. I can't think of any Big 12 teams that could have prepared you for whats coming. 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

So...are we playing Rollerball or something? Do you guys have a plan to kill off Jonathan on Saturday?

Didn't Ohio State win the Big Ten the last six years? The same Ohio State who just got crushed by Miami? The same Miami who just lost to Kansas State?

Yes and nothing happened in Columbus this off season [rolls eyes].

So when is Wisconsin going to step up to the big leagues? I mean, they really haven't won anything lately.

Wow, just wow. It's going to be interesting seeing how things shake out, but I don't see how one could possibly claim the Big 10 as being a stronger conference this year compared to the Big 12. Iowa State who could easily find themselves being the second worst team in the Big 12 already beat Iowa.

Im not disagreeing with you at all here, in fact i couldnt agree more. With that said, iowa state received 21 votes this week by the ap. :facepalm: