Ready for B1G Football?

BigBully

They [iowa State] are #30 in the nation. To hell with anyone saying we left the Big XII because we couldn't hang with Texas. We left because we were scared of playing Iowa State every single year.

I just said this to a Cyclone fan over the weekend. We both laughed, but Rhoads has something going on over in Ames. They're not a pushover, and they're not a gimmick. I like where that program is going.

Welcome to BIG TEN Football. You've finally made it to the BIG leagues. This is a much different animal than the pass happy Big 12. We take great pride in beating you 24-3 here. But there's also a chance of us putting 50 or 60 up simply because we have become too much to handle for alot of teams. The past few years we have viewed the Big 12 North on Par with the MWC. TCU, Utah, Boise St., Air Force, BYU, Wyoming, SDSU, Fresno St... was a solid league. Similar to Kansas, Iowa St. Kansas State, Mizzou, Nebraska and Colorado. We know you guys have been down for awhile ever since the Callahan debacle, but you guys appear to be heading in the right direction now. That said, I believe you guys are going to struggle in the Big 10 for awhile during your adjustment period. This is a totally different animal. I can't think of any Big 12 teams that could have prepared you for whats coming. 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Interesting! I have always had respect for the B1G teams, it was the some of the fan conduct that I questioned. I will simply wish Wisky good luck and leave the mindless, arrogant, and speculative nonsense to you. Wisky has played no one of significance yet, but has played well. Nebraska has had moments of greatness and has also struggled. This is the first true test of the season for both teams.

"I can't think of any Big 12 teams that could have prepared you for whats coming" - Really? Come on now. Show us Husker fans that Wisky fans are more intelligent about football than this. This school yard banter.

While I like where Iowa State is going as well, I just don't see them competing with many teams in the Big 12. They'll handle KU with zero problems. From there though they will have a very difficult time. KState beat Miami at Miami who I'd consider better than Iowa State. Iowa State might be able to hang with Texas Tech. While Mizzou has two losses, one of those they should have won had Pickle not "iced" his own kicker and the other was to the #1 team in the country that they played a lot tougher than most would have thought. Top to bottom, the Big 12 is pretty good with only one team really being a stinker.

Didn't Ohio State win the Big Ten the last six years? The same Ohio State who just got crushed by Miami? The same Miami who just lost to Kansas State?

not-impressed-cat-is-not-impressed.jpg

I guess you haven’t been paying attention. That Ohio State team that DIDN'T show up in Miami wasn’t exactly the same team from the past six years. But good luck in beating Wisky, I hate those pricks!!

While I like where Iowa State is going as well, I just don't see them competing with many teams in the Big 12. They'll handle KU with zero problems. From there though they will have a very difficult time. KState beat Miami at Miami who I'd consider better than Iowa State. Iowa State might be able to hang with Texas Tech. While Mizzou has two losses, one of those they should have won had Pickle not "iced" his own kicker and the other was to the #1 team in the country that they played a lot tougher than most would have thought. Top to bottom, the Big 12 is pretty good with only one team really being a stinker.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

TCU was very solid last year.

jackrabbit.jpg

Are you trying to argue that our tough win against the Jack Rabbits was on the same level as your loss to TCU? I'll take a ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week! W's are what matter at the end of the day, not "emotional" wins that are actual losses. I could care less what happened last year..............what matters is what's going to happen to the Badgers when the Huskers meet them in the pit of hell on Saturday. That's what matters............

Whaddya mean they're going to "struggle for a while?" Nebraska's the odds-on favorite to win their division and is entering conference play during an obvious down year for the B1G. OSU is reeling from NCAA sanctions, Michigan is still rebuilding after the RichRod debacle, Indiana and the Gophers are losing to Mac teams or worse, Purdue just flat-out sucks, Iowa lost to Iowa State, and Illinois looked vulnerable against Western Michigan on Saturday. PSU's coach is 150 years old, Northwestern as always is a minor bowl team with more heart than talent, and Michigan State has been snake-bit with injuries so far.

On the contrary, Nebraska has provided the stumbling Big Ten with a shot in the arm.

Whaddya mean they're going to "struggle for a while?" Nebraska's the odds-on favorite to win their division and is entering conference play during an obvious down year for the B1G. OSU is reeling from NCAA sanctions, Michigan is still rebuilding after the RichRod debacle, Indiana and the Gophers are losing to Mac teams or worse, Purdue just flat-out sucks, Iowa lost to Iowa State, and Illinois looked vulnerable against Western Michigan on Saturday. PSU's coach is 150 years old, Northwestern as always is a minor bowl team with more heart than talent, and Michigan State has been snake-bit with injuries so far.

On the contrary, Nebraska has provided the stumbling Big Ten with a shot in the arm.

I can agree with that. B1G does not look good at all. Other than Wisconsin but they have played no one that is clearly better than Chattanooga in my opinion. Nebraska will win. 37-35 last minute FG by Maher.

Not sure who the knucklehead OP is, but have a hard time believing he isn't a poser.

I could see NU struggling, if the conference as a whole wasn't as down as it is now. They might struggle against OSU, PSU, Michigan and Iowa if they were as strong as they usually are, but all of them are down.

UW and NU are clearly the top 2 teams in the conference at the moment.

Didn't Ohio State win the Big Ten the last six years? The same Ohio State who just got crushed by Miami? The same Miami who just lost to Kansas State?

not-impressed-cat-is-not-impressed.jpg

You can't seriously compare OSU last year to this year's team? Night and day difference in talent. QB much worse, missing players on offense to suspensions, lost several impact players on defense.