Aggie Fan Here

Hey Aggies...Remember the rape job the refs gave us in College Station? It may have benefited you last time, but I doubt you will be so lucky this year. In the words of the great Dave Chappelle, "Nighty night. Keep yo' b-hole tight!". Keep the lube handy, because the Big 12 refs will do everything possible to hose you this year.

Good luck!

Good Luck Aggies....putting Texas on the SEC map was a good move for you...Now all of Texas will be open to all the SEC...we've done our share of TX recruiting and we along with you will get some talent, because true football players and fans understand that the venues you choose, win or lose, are part of your brand. You own it so now go craft it...Maybe we'll meet again until then good luck.

I had one of my best visiting stadium trips in College Station, the night where Frankie pulled a win out of his keester during the 4th quarter. Good fans, good food, and frankly, there's no reason for the visitors to not get in on their songs--they are all pointed directly at Texas, after all. :)

Problem is, last years events really soured me on A&M fans and the program as a whole. That whole debacle last year left a bad taste in my mouth, especially after A&M fans acted as if they weren't given anything in that game and that their defensive players were sweet angels in the scrums.

Had we seen some A&M fans stand up and say the right thing, or at the very least, admit they were the recipients of a decidedly one-sided officiating crew, then perhaps I could forgive and forget. But to be placed on third base by the officials and brag that you hit a triple...sorry, just doesn't wash with me.

• Fire 1

I had one of my best visiting stadium trips in College Station, the night where Frankie pulled a win out of his keester during the 4th quarter. Good fans, good food, and frankly, there's no reason for the visitors to not get in on their songs--they are all pointed directly at Texas, after all. :)

Problem is, last years events really soured me on A&M fans and the program as a whole. That whole debacle last year left a bad taste in my mouth, especially after A&M fans acted as if they weren't given anything in that game and that their defensive players were sweet angels in the scrums.

Had we seen some A&M fans stand up and say the right thing, or at the very least, admit they were the recipients of a decidedly one-sided officiating crew, then perhaps I could forgive and forget. But to be placed on third base by the officials and brag that you hit a triple...sorry, just doesn't wash with me.

I know what you mean, Matthew. I read some pretty harsh anti-NU comments out of Aggie fans concerning our departure from the Big-whatev. I even went to some Aggie sites during their realignment saga, and in threads about them leaving I saw some voice the opinion that their situation was wholly different from ours, basically saying that A&M was totally justified because they were getting screwed, but we left because we couldn't beat Texas, were a bunch of whiners, ect...

But you can't pigeonhole a fan base off of a few comments you read from a handful of message boards. And I still respect A&M, in fact, the Aggies are a perfect example of why I greatly prefer CFB to the NFL. The pageantry and passion at Kyle Field is a great example of what makes the college game special.

Still, in light of last years game and some of the ridiculous comments I read regarding both NU and A&M leaving the Big-12, I think I have to give you one of these. (Good luck in the SEC! You're gonna need it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VykWmBkhBzc

Matthew, don't look too much into what a few people say on some message boards. I've found that some of the loudest and most frequent message board posters are some of the guys who don't care about our traditions or even didn't go to Texas A&M. I live in Houston now but still make it for most home games and I assure you our campus is just as friendly now as it has been for decades. They'll give you the shirts off their backs.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Matthew, don't look too much into what a few people say on some message boards. I've found that some of the loudest and most frequent message board posters are some of the guys who don't care about our traditions or even didn't go to Texas A&M. I live in Houston now but still make it for most home games and I assure you our campus is just as friendly now as it has been for decades. They'll give you the shirts off their backs.

Yes, but my understanding is that you have to Roshambo the fans for their shirts now.

Im from Omaha and an 84 Aggie Grad "former student" in Aggie Lingo. Have the ring, whole deal.

I lived just behind East Gate my first year then moved to the very end of Boyett Street 4201, behind North Gate my last 3 years.

I love the school and traditions, A&M and NU have a lot in common. This: "Aggies do not lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do." — Texas A&M University" did exist in the classroom when I was there, no one ever cheated, even when the prof left the classroom during tests. I NEVER locked my bike up on campus etc

HOWEVER that was NOT the case with the athletic department when I was there, very open about cheating and lying. All you had to do was look at the athletic dorm, LOTS of very new and expensive cars there. Look at the debacle with Eric Dickerson and his maroon Trans Am they had to repo from him in Dallas after we got outbid on him by SMU- common knowledge. I worked for a dealership while I was in school, very famous Aggie football grad comes in to buy and finance. When I filled out the credit app for him, he's driving a 4 year old white Caddy he bought while a student, never made a single payment on it, owed $5,000 on a vehicle worth 20K. DB wore LOTS of gold chains and nice car, the Battalion had done an article on him in the paper- single mom, 8 kids she was a school janitor etc how does he afford all that? The leadership compromised themselves- cheated in order to win and under Tom WIlson, we never won- lots of talent, tons of it, no wins. We used to joke about it "worst team money can buy" Jackie Sherril the serial cheater bought some better kids and had some success, but I quit being an Aggie FOOTBALL fan due to the hypocricy .Even now, right now today, Aggies will admit they "take care" of players but dont "buy" them. THis inferiority complex with tu is too much, an obcession that takes away from the greatness that is A&M. Obcessed to the point you would compromise your integrity to cheat, lie and really steal when you look closely at the equation. The truth is NOT EVERYONE does it and if the ahtletic dept was true to what an Aggie is supposed to embody, they wouldnt do it.

Voted 3rd dirtiest program in NCAA football:

http://www.aolnews.c...-3-texas-aandm/

http://www.chron.com...one-1798325.php

As to Aggie fans, LOVE bonfire and Midnight yell practice. Love the Chicken, Hall of Fame, Elephant Walk, Chicken Oil Co (Cow Hop is gone now) etc BUT Aggies do NOT support the football program. Look at the student population, over 45,000 and way more former students than NU, but for decades we couldnt sell the stadium out in a state of over 20+ million people. It was a HUGE deal IF we got a sellout, big news. At NU- sellouts are not news 300+ of them in a row. On the other hand NU has FAR fewer students, only 1,700,000 people and we sell out EVERY GAME for over 35 years. We are Nebraska and there is no other fans that are in the same solar system as ours, no comparison, none even close.

"Aggies do not lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do." — Texas A&M University

Aggie fans are some of the strangest people Ive ever met. Ive been to several games at Kyle Field and I shake my head every time I go. Do their fans know so little about football that they have to have a "yell leader" tell them when to cheer? Im convinced that without those "male cheerleaders" the stadium would be silent the entire game. The whole bit about how they're gonna "beat the hell outta ______" is pretty funny. They really just have some goofy traditions that boggle my mind. The above quote really makes me wonder. All the Aggie fans Ive ever met think they are soooo much better than everyone else, God's gift to College Football basically. Texas A&M will become the bottom feeder of the SEC.

:rolleyes::facepalm:

"Aggies do not lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do." — Texas A&M University

Aggie fans are some of the strangest people Ive ever met. Ive been to several games at Kyle Field and I shake my head every time I go. Do their fans know so little about football that they have to have a "yell leader" tell them when to cheer? Im convinced that without those "male cheerleaders" the stadium would be silent the entire game. The whole bit about how they're gonna "beat the hell outta ______" is pretty funny. They really just have some goofy traditions that boggle my mind. The above quote really makes me wonder. All the Aggie fans Ive ever met think they are soooo much better than everyone else, God's gift to College Football basically. Texas A&M will become the bottom feeder of the SEC.

:rolleyes::facepalm:

Read the post above. :facepalm: Basically backs up everything I wrote.

Yes, after moving to Dallas after graduation I went to games the following year, then gave it up. I was very disappointed in the blatant hypocricy of how the school was run vs everyone turning a blind eye to the blatant cheating in the Athletic Dept. Thing that really got me, no one cared we were cheating, anything to compete with tu and when I was there SWC football was a joke. Nothing compared to the great football I had seen growing up in Nebraska- as a kid I went to every NU home game from 1970-1978, Tagge, Rodgers, Kinney, Glover, Harper, Dutton. What I saw at A&M was a joke, really bad football in comparison, great athletes, really bad football.

Always able to buy tickets on game day. But even the game day experience is nothing like NU games. At A&M back then, as a student you picked up your tickets the week before the game- you and your dates tickets etc You were allowed to pick them up based on class seniority. If you were senior and date was a Soph, you got to pick up 2 tickets for that weeks game on Senior day. Back in those days CS was much different, still lots of engineering and coming out of being an all male school and being a small town far away from any legit city. Guys outnumbering girls 2-1 etc. Before games, VERY LITTLE pre game atmosphere, no reverly, bars empty back then, no fraternity row. Here you can have a blast anywhere near the stadium, fraternities partying, traditional tailgating, parking lot parties, bars, restaurants etc etc a big party if you want to starting at 6:00 am. At A&M it was like a funeral before games when I was there and the stadium always had huge swaths of empty seats. Love the school, really dislike the athletic program. Cheating was the elephant in the room that no one would talk about so we smiled and joked about 'worst team money could buy" and went about living the code (with exceptions to the Athletic Dept)

Ive been back for an NU/A&M game 1 time in College Station. The year Franks team came back and got jobbed. Again, nothing to do prior to kickoff, the Dixie Chicken less than 1/3 full, blase, real lack of game day experience. Sure going back to the Memorial Student Center, listening to people play the piano and touring campus is great, but not before every game. Sold out game but plenty of tickets still for sale at face value etc, nothing like NU games. BUT the town has really grown into a legit city. Was there again in 2010 for something else, campus and town have really exploded in size.

Cmon fellow Ags, cant talk about the elephant in the room? NU has won 5 National Titles without having to buy recruits AND we live in a tiny state, spend a lot less money than the Texas schools and still have the better track record- that's the thing many Texans dislike about NU. They cant buy what we got doing it the hard way with worse talent and less money. That's why most tu and some A&M fans dislike NU- it's there.