Defensive scheme for Wisconsin

HuskerGBR

I just hope the defense that they have been working on since August for these next two games works better than the failed Mizzou defensive game plan in '08.

Seriously people you are almost living in a shell if you do not expect to see something different this Saturday. My concern is a lot like knapp's though, the base defense hasn't exactly been on lockdown like Alcatraz.

Personally, i think a front of Stache, Baker, TMoore and Crick would be a huge asset and serious threat.

That game had far more to do with Chase Daniel, Chase Coffman, T-Rucker, Tommy Saunders and Tony Temple starting their 33rd consecutive game and future NFL wideouts Jeremy Maclin and Danarius Alexander starting their 16th consecutive game. Meanwhile guys like Prince Amukamara and Eric Haag and Matt O'Hanlan were making their 4th career starts. Armando Murillo was overmatched athletically, and walk ons like Matt Holt and Lance Thorell saw their first action ever. The only guys with any experience that day were Larry Asante and Murillo, neither of whom was very good in coverage.

The scheme had little to do with that game. The Huskers were overmatched from the first snap. In fact, the defensive improvement that team made throughout the season was nothing short of amazing. Its not about X's and O's its Billys and Joes. When the Billys and Joes can match up, then scheme can make the difference.

Yes Mizzou was quite talented that year, but Bo had put in a D just for them and it failed badly. He even came out and said so regretting the decision to not play them straight up. And it was something they had been installing since that AUgust.

Hey....at least the offense is doing it to this week too and starting A-rod again.

C'mon da skers.....tell me you're kidding!

He's not joking.................Choi is sitting according to the depth chart. Makes no sense............

Pelini doesn't like depth charts except to give them to the media to dissect, so I expect to see Choi out there quite a bit. Plus, this is a road game in a hostile environment. Sometimes it's better to start the guy with more experience until things settle down.

i think we are in deep sh#t, as everyone knows our run defense sucks.....and there ain't no fancy formation that is going to save us.....i think Bo knows that too and will coach hard to save us from embarassment.

You certainly are chipper this week! Maybe between all the gloom-and-doom forecasts you should consider that Wisky didn't exactly dominate the TCU defense which looks an awful lot like ours.