Buying tickets from "UW Students."

HuskerBoard history for you, Badger_HB - the whole "Let's have a blackout" thing became such an overwhelming annoyance a few years ago that we ended up filtering the word b*******. Now when people bring it up we just joke about it, and that's what you fell victim to.

Yeah, I was on here awhile before I made an account. I noticed one guy separating the words, so I followed suit haha.

Speaking of the b1ack0ut, is there a pic of Camp Randall where you can actually tell visitors' section is? I mean one where their colors stand apart from all the red.

Seconding this whole post. Giving you a fair warning about heading into the student section with opposing colors on: it won't be pretty.

But the opposing colors are the same as Wisconsin colors

:dunno

Ok, something that says "Nebraska" then. Or the black that you guys are wearing. Because nobody wears black to Wisconsin games.

Just messin with ya man

I was listening to 93.7 in Lincoln and Adrian Fiala was doing a phone interview with Barry Alvarez. Barry said to be weary of who you're buying tickets from in Madison. He said he sent out a bunch of tickets that never made it to their destination so those tickets were reissued. There may be some useless stolen tickets floating around somewhere.

I was listening to 93.7 in Lincoln and Adrian Fiala was doing a phone interview with Barry Alvarez. Barry said to be weary of who you're buying tickets from in Madison. He said he sent out a bunch of tickets that never made it to their destination so those tickets were reissued. There may be some useless stolen tickets floating around somewhere.

This happens to every school, every year. Some tickets are mis-routed, stolen, etc. and are reissued. It sounds to me like there's a campaign afoot from UW to discourage or slow-down the Husker fan invasion. They must be concerned about something.

If you are looking for tickets for the game Saturday, I recommend NOT buying Student Tickets. You may be required to show student ID getting into the one gate that is allowed for students, (Gate 5 at the north end.) If that's the case, you've just wasted a whole lot of money. IF you get in, you will be in unreserved seats (even though the tickets might have a seat location on them.) You might find the territory to be quite hostile. Better to go to the bars Friday night or Saturday morning before they get too crowded and ask the bartenders if they know of anyone inside trying to unload tickets. The Brewers play their first playoff game at 1:00, so I expect the bars will already be full by then (we tend to bounce our attention between the Brewers, the Packers and the Badgers.)

I think what he is saying is totally legit. If you want to use a husker student ticket you need to get it validated in order for a non-student to use it because you need a student ID to go along with it.

Seeriously any student section with opposing colors is not wise.

But I do have a question for you. Should we be concerned about physical altercations or just a lot of trash talking? Trash talking is in anyone's student section...ANYONE. But physical crap is sh**ty and weak.

Your take?

I would love to sit in their student section for the game. If we are getting drubbed, I can take the hazing, no problem. If we are winning it would be great to throw it in their faces.

I've sat in student sections at Mizzou, CU, KU, K-State, Iowa State, and at OU. I've had fun at everyone of those venues. At the risk of sounding like a douche.... people don't eff with me. I'm not tough, i'm not a fighter. In fact, I'm a wuss. However, I'm 6'5 220 and very loud. Students, even drunken students don't mess with guys like me. I wouldn't be worried about sitting in the Wisconsin student section. I won;t get any shiite.

If you are looking for tickets for the game Saturday, I recommend NOT buying Student Tickets. You may be required to show student ID getting into the one gate that is allowed for students, (Gate 5 at the north end.) If that's the case, you've just wasted a whole lot of money. IF you get in, you will be in unreserved seats (even though the tickets might have a seat location on them.) You might find the territory to be quite hostile. Better to go to the bars Friday night or Saturday morning before they get too crowded and ask the bartenders if they know of anyone inside trying to unload tickets. The Brewers play their first playoff game at 1:00, so I expect the bars will already be full by then (we tend to bounce our attention between the Brewers, the Packers and the Badgers.)

I think what he is saying is totally legit. If you want to use a husker student ticket you need to get it validated in order for a non-student to use it because you need a student ID to go along with it.

Seeriously any student section with opposing colors is not wise.

But I do have a question for you. Should we be concerned about physical altercations or just a lot of trash talking? Trash talking is in anyone's student section...ANYONE. But physical crap is sh**ty and weak.

Your take?

Well, the usual hazing is getting serenaded with chants of a**hole from everyone around you while they point at you. I've never heard of physical altercations between students and opposing fans. But keep in mind, the students have a whole day to get hydrated.

I would love to sit in their student section for the game. If we are getting drubbed, I can take the hazing, no problem. If we are winning it would be great to throw it in their faces.

I've sat in student sections at Mizzou, CU, KU, K-State, Iowa State, and at OU. I've had fun at everyone of those venues. At the risk of sounding like a douche.... people don't eff with me. I'm not tough, i'm not a fighter. In fact, I'm a wuss. However, I'm 6'5 220 and very loud. Students, even drunken students don't mess with guys like me. I wouldn't be worried about sitting in the Wisconsin student section. I won;t get any shiite.

Should've probably stopped there...

Should've probably stopped there...

Whereas you should've stopped at the "sign up" page......

I've seen stuff thrown at opposing fans in the student section, but it always confused me because 99% of the time it hits another badger fan. You'd have to have pretty good aim to hit one person in among hundreds.

You will DEFINITELY get the "a$$hole" chant, but that's harmless and some visiting fans enjoy the attention. Your best bet is to talk to the people around you before kickoff so you're less "random".

The OP does bring up a good point to watch out for when visiting other places in the Big 10. Unlike Nebraska - a lot of them require actual valid student IDs to get in on a student ticket. There is no upgrading to a normal ticket with them. Just be careful you don't get taken with buying a ticket that you won't be able to use.