What did we learn???

I hope the team sits around thinking about how terrible they are tomorrow and then gets back to practice on Monday and turns the page. I want to see them grow up a bit and I really hope this coaching staff can help them do that.

Yeah, that's all we can do. Is move forward and get better. That's better than just quitting on the season like we did in 2007.

Yep, and I think we should have this same mindset as fans. Not quit on this team. We're Nebraska fans, not bandwagoners!

I hope the team sits around thinking about how terrible they are tomorrow and then gets back to practice on Monday and turns the page. I want to see them grow up a bit and I really hope this coaching staff can help them do that.

Yeah, that's all we can do. Is move forward and get better. That's better than just quitting on the season like we did in 2007.

Yep, and I think we should have this same mindset as fans. Not quit on this team. We're Nebraska fans, not bandwagoners!

Even the fans gave up in 2007. Part of the problem then was that we built up the USC game to be the end-all be-all. Then we got waxed at home. Then every game after USC was a letdown. This year we got a bunch of big games left. So we can put this road loss to the #7 team in the nation behind us.

2007 was a very ugly season to be an NU fan. I was extremely disappointed at how quickly people jumped off the bandwagon. I hope we won't repeat that this year, but people have been panicking since even the earlier games where we won! Slooooooooooow it down and take a breath, guys ;)

Martinez will NEVER be a good passer. Or a good quarterback. Everyone was so enthralled because last year, he opened up and showed great acceleration against mediocre teams. Yet we all thought this somehow made him a good quarterback. His passing has not improved in the least and never will. His running threat is no longer a threat because teams are not surprised by it anymore. He has extremely poor decision making and poor mechanics. He needs to be a slot receiver, not a signal caller. I would love to hear anyone defend him after this shitfest of a game. Good quarterbacks do not make the mistakes he made tonight. Period. And it's not even so much the mistakes, it's the complete lack of improvement in every facet. Mechanics, interceptions, motion, putting the ball on the ground. What exactly does he do well besides burst through a huge gap?

This is probably what will keep me on Huskerboard for the next few days. I'm really looking forward to this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is true, it's going to get crazy. But at some point the TM backers are going to have reality. He's not improving. It's time to at least take a look at Brion and see what he can do. To those that say we wouldn't be where we are without TM, I'm not sure anymore. But I am sure we aren't going anywhere against better teams, much like last year.

Yes, tonights play calling was horrid (was Watson up there), but the throws were SO bad, and I was ready to really to admit maybe I was wrong after a couple of his early throws, but like someone said earlier, once something bad happens, he just seems to lose his composure and it gets really, really ugly. My God, at least give a series off and try to get him calmed back down, do something to change things up.

Martinez will NEVER be a good passer. Or a good quarterback. Everyone was so enthralled because last year, he opened up and showed great acceleration against mediocre teams. Yet we all thought this somehow made him a good quarterback. His passing has not improved in the least and never will. His running threat is no longer a threat because teams are not surprised by it anymore. He has extremely poor decision making and poor mechanics. He needs to be a slot receiver, not a signal caller. I would love to hear anyone defend him after this shitfest of a game. Good quarterbacks do not make the mistakes he made tonight. Period. And it's not even so much the mistakes, it's the complete lack of improvement in every facet. Mechanics, interceptions, motion, putting the ball on the ground. What exactly does he do well besides burst through a huge gap?

This is probably what will keep me on Huskerboard for the next few days. I'm really looking forward to this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is true, it's going to get crazy. But at some point the TM backers are going to have reality. He's not improving. It's time to at least take a look at Brion and see what he can do. To those that say we wouldn't be where we are without TM, I'm not sure anymore. But I am sure we aren't going anywhere against better teams, much like last year.

Yes, tonights play calling was horrid (was Watson up there), but the throws were SO bad, and I was ready to really to admit maybe I was wrong after a couple of his early throws, but like someone said earlier, once something bad happens, he just seems to lose his composure and it gets really, really ugly. My God, at least give a series off and try to get him calmed back down, do something to change things up.

Well if people say that, they are wrong. We wouldn't be where we are without Burkhead, not Martinez. When was the last time Martinez broke off a run for a TD vs. a conference opponent. Kansas State? His running has not been a threat for a long, long time. Sure he'll get one now and then vs. some FCS school or cupcake noncon, but we should roll those teams anyway. His running has never once made the difference in an important game. He can't pass for sh#t and has shown NO improvement. Put in Brion and have him get his experience. Burkhead is our running game anyway, and you can't do worse than Martinez' passing. Even Brion's option pitches looked better, and he actually makes the defender commit first.

I applaud Tmart for trying the QB position. He had done the best he could. I am not sure what it is like to face the harsh criticism from the fans and media on daily basis, but IMO, he has stood tall through it all and kept on trying. But it is time for a change.

• Fire 2

Well if people say that, they are wrong. We wouldn't be where we are without Burkhead, not Martinez. When was the last time Martinez broke off a run for a TD vs. a conference opponent. Kansas State? His running has not been a threat for a long, long time. Sure he'll get one now and then vs. some FCS school or cupcake noncon, but we should roll those teams anyway. His running has never once made the difference in an important game. He can't pass for sh#t and has shown NO improvement. Put in Brion and have him get his experience. Burkhead is our running game anyway, and you can't do worse than Martinez' passing. Even Brion's option pitches looked better, and he actually makes the defender commit first.

The big problem is Brion is going to look bad...real bad. He needs some playing time. I don't know if anyone has seen Braxton Miller at OSU, but I think the kid is going to be a star. He doesn't look good right now either. He was yanked today, but he really needs more time.

I don't know why anyone would want to watch T-Mart for the next 2.5 years. We need to bite the bullet and start trying something.

• Fire 2

We got beat by a very good football team today. There's no shame in that. We are not yet ready for the top tier of college football. Almost all of our skill positions are VERY young. I still think the future looks very bright and that IF we can bounce back next week, this NU team will be a lot better in December than we were today.

This loss wasn't nearly as bad as Texas last year, or ISU in 09. Get a grip folks...

As long as Tpanic is throwing to the other team our future looks very bleak if you ask me. We were in the game and leading untill panic showed his true colors.

1) First, not surprised at all that Wisky won this game if you have watched us play the first 4 games. I predicted Wisky 45, NU 27 so it was a bit worse than I expected.

2) Our defense is as bad as I feared it was. I am shocked Pelini has this bad of a defense. Even though we don't have the playmakers like in recent years, I figured we'd at least play sound in positioning and tackling but we are terrible at both. Add to that our DE's are slow as molasses. Dang do we need some DE speed! That is my #1 recruiting target.

3) As in other weeks, why is Cassidy still playing? This has become a Pelini get your head out problem.

4) So, this is the unveiled offense?! Wow they finally got Turner involved a bit more since I have been calling from Week 1! Wow, what a surprise? This offensive game plan was piss poor. Our only chance to win is to control clock, use our running game, use some of the speed backs, hit them with some opportunistic pass plays to Turner, Enunwa, and Bell, keep our D off the field because we are not going to be able to stop them, win on special teams, get the turnover like we did early...and we come out gun slinging and give them a bunch of INT's and easy points before the half? :wtf

5) Congrats to Wisky...they look like what we need to become on offense...great O-Line play, great dual theat QB, RB's that pound and get yards after contact, and their WR's made some great catches. We are like junior varisty Wisky right now...we maybe can compete with Rex at RB but in all of those other categories they are way better.

6) If this is a year where our defense cannot keep us in games, it is time to go to a 2 QB system. TMart is a homerun hitter or strikeout multiple times kinda player. It is easy to hit HR's off of Chatanooga, not so much when you are playing tough opponents. In the past we had the defense able to keep us in games so we could hold out for that HR and play TMart. Now we don't have that defense so we are not going to win many games hitting 0-1 HR's while giving up 3-4 to the opposition. I'd like to see us start playing Carnes and giving him some opportunities. I think it will serve us much better not only for him but for the other players to be more involved in the offense. TMart is a unique player but how many times have we seen good teams just bottle him up, make him fumble, and render him ineffective? It has to get discouraging to start so many drives backing up or every series finding yourself in 3rd and long. We are going to lose some games this year so let's start moving forward using these young RB's and WR's and not continue to be stuck in second gear all year.

I learned that Taylor Martinez wants to be a running back. Did you see how he tried to run through a LB?

I liked that. Even if he didn't play well, he played with fire all the way to the end of the game. Same with Burkhead. I thought the whole offense kept fighting, frankly, they just aren't quite ready yet.

I learned that Taylor Martinez wants to be a running back. Did you see how he tried to run through a LB?

I liked that. Even if he didn't play well, he played with fire all the way to the end of the game. Same with Burkhead. I thought the whole offense kept fighting, frankly, they just aren't quite ready yet.

And I really don't understand this. What are going to accomplish by maybe scoring one more TD, what if Burkhead gets hurt on that last drive? Get him out of the game, and give Carnes the snaps in that last series.

Herbstreit said it tonight, about 3-4 seconds after the snap on a pass play TM seems to feel uncomfortable and wants to get out of the pocket whether or not there is pressure. This panicking is something you will not coach out of him. And that leads to bad decisions.

But also consider this: overall I think the offense did make progress from last year. Big XII CG two yrs ago and last yr with this offense and NU would be back to back Big XII Champs. It's the defense that got significantly worse. Last couple of yrs the held us in those games, this yr they fall apart.