Sean Fisher tackles like.......

what do you got? GO!!!!

Guys... respectfully... please stop. We should not call out a kid who is doing his best out there. To call out the team in a generic sense and to evaluate the coaches... sure. Even to point out some assessment of players --- if done w/o mocking or making fun of them... then OK. But lets not rip a kid like this...

This kid is a college student whose trying to perform well for the school he and we love. Too say that someone else should maybe start or that he needs some work... sure... but lets not ridicule one of our won.

For what it is worth... Sean ... if you are reading this, thank you for giving it your all and we hope the future goes well --- keep your head up and keep fighting... we are rooting for you.

• Fire 1

He tackles like a guy who broke his damn leg last year and might still have a bit of apprehension about going balls out yet. The dude snapped his damn leg in two playing the way he used to play. That's something that might take a second to get over. The guy showed before his injury that he was going to be something special. I think he still will be, he just has to continue working through the mental part of overcoming an injury like that. There isn't a single person on this board that wouldn't get put on his ass if they stepped on the field with the kid, I can guarantee you that.

Did you watch him play before the injury? He's playing exactly the same, pad level too high, too weak, lack of aggression. He can't shed blocks and when he isn't being blocked he gets juked out of his jock or whiffs on an arm tackle. He's bad. Period. End of story.

We have several starters on D that do not belong on the field against D1 competition. Fisher, Cassidy, Thorell, Blatchford to name a few. I'll take athleticism over playbook knowledge any day. It seems that Cassidy still blows his assignments even though he's 'mastered' the playbook. Might as well put someone else in that might blow an assignment but has the athletic ability to make up for it.

He tackles like a guy who broke his damn leg last year and might still have a bit of apprehension about going balls out yet. The dude snapped his damn leg in two playing the way he used to play. That's something that might take a second to get over. The guy showed before his injury that he was going to be something special. I think he still will be, he just has to continue working through the mental part of overcoming an injury like that. There isn't a single person on this board that wouldn't get put on his ass if they stepped on the field with the kid, I can guarantee you that.

Did you watch him play before the injury? He's playing exactly the same, pad level too high, too weak, lack of aggression. He can't shed blocks and when he isn't being blocked he gets juked out of his jock or whiffs on an arm tackle. He's bad. Period. End of story.

True. I remember the Va Tech game out in Blacksburg. After hearing the whole week leading up to the game about how well he practiced and how he'll be a solid LB, all I see in that game is Sean getting buried play after play. I believe he also was ran over at the three yard line and carried into the endzone by Evans on one of his touchdowns.

I think he may have had a chance as a Free Safety at this level, but after seeing him get his ankles broken time and time again in the open field I don't know. Of course NU's current FS gets his ankles broken at least three times a game now.