Post Game Coaches Radio Show

Pelini just basically said he is "ashamed to be the head coach of Nebraska." He caught himself mid sentence and then turned it around and said it is all on him but he pretty much just said this team sucks, no matter what he does. He just threw the team under the bus IMO.

From all of your post today I'm sensing that you're an Anti-Bo fan and you're throwing him under the bus. Callahan is gone move on

• Fire 2

Pelini just basically said he is "ashamed to be the head coach of Nebraska." He caught himself mid sentence and then turned it around and said it is all on him but he pretty much just said this team sucks, no matter what he does. He just threw the team under the bus IMO.

From all of your post today I'm sensing that you're an Anti-Bo fan and you're throwing him under the bus. Callahan is gone move on

Im just tired of the same excuses. When do we finally see some progress. We have seen the same problems since day 1 with the offense and now the defense is regressing. Doesn't really add up to me.

Basically what I got out of that post game show was that Bo has been coaching his players perfectly but they aren't listening to what he is saying. He kept saying the players aren't taking the coaching. He isn't surprised that this happened because he has seen it everyday in practice.

Sure he apologized to the fans and "technically" put the blame on him but in the very next breath he talks about how the players aren't doing what they are coached to do.

He sounded like some other coach we used to have who said he has "done an excellent job in all areas."

I heard this, too, and it disturbs me. It also might be related to this discussion.

Bo is staring down a wasted season in the face and the only one that should get thrown under a bus is him. And I'm a big fan of his.

BUT

He hitched this team and threw all his chips on the table with Martinez as QB when it should have been clear last year Martinez would never become a quality FBS QB. Priority number 1 should have been finding a backup plan "if" the Martinez experiment went to sheeet again. He should have been scouring the JC's for a competent QB.

The defense stinks, no doubt. And no QB would have won us this game. And Bo wants to spend time talking about how bad his defense is, because that's what he feels most responsible for as it's what got him this job. But, I hope he realizes the much bigger picture here. His defense has been great the last couple years. Top of the food chain caliber. They were due for a down year eventually.

But the real problem is he's now about to spend his 3rd straight season as a head coach of a team with an offense not capable of playing quality football. If he doesn't realize that, he's doomed.

He hitched this team and threw all his chips on the table with Martinez as QB when it should have been clear last year Martinez would never become a quality FBS QB. Priority number 1 should have been finding a backup plan "if" the Martinez experiment went to sheeet again. He should have been scouring the JC's for a competent QB.

The defense stinks, no doubt. And no QB would have won us this game. And Bo wants to spend time talking about how bad his defense is, because that's what he feels most responsible for as it's what got him this job. But, I hope he realizes the much bigger picture here. His defense has been great the last couple years. Top of the food chain caliber. They were due for a down year eventually.

But the real problem is he's now about to spend his 3rd straight season as a head coach of a team with an offense not capable of playing quality football. If he doesn't realize that, he's doomed.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner! The problem is, he knows nothing but defense. He can only bring in someone who he thinks knows offense, and delegate the offensive duties to him. That hasn't worked out so far.

I mean, how many times will we see Bo, the head coach, on the sidelines talking to the defense while the offense is on the field. He doesn't have a clue sometimes what the offense is even doing on the field because he is too concerned with the defense on the sideline. That is not what a head coach is supposed to be doing.

Quotes from the presser

“We’ve got to get some guys to step up and man up and start playing football.” - Bo Pelini

“I’m embarrassed with how we played defensively. I’m embarrassed. I apologize to the fans of Nebraska, because that was a joke.” - Bo Pelini

“We’ve played other good QBs and they certainly didn’t make us look foolish like (Russell Wilson). That’s on us." - Carl Pelini

Carl Pelini on NU's defensive mistakes this season: “It reminds me of Year 1. I’m sad to say that’s what it reminds me of.”

“(Russell Wilson) got in such a good rhythm because guys were running wide open. I could’ve made some of those throws." - Carl Pelini

Ok, watch the video. Everyone throwing BO under the bus if full of BS. This was a bad loss, a BAD loss and these bad losses need to stop happening...they will. He's a first time head coach, and frankly still feeling his way around how to instill the right work ethic into the very blood of the players. The D used to be good and isn't anymore, but I'm so glad BO is the one working the HC position, he is still no-nonsense, and his press conference was basically "Look...we have nonsense on our team...I need to find it, purge it, and never let it come back". I'm confident he will succeed with time.

If he's seen these problems in practice, is he not addressing them? Are all the players not grasping it or just some of them? If it's just some of them, then why doesn't he play the ones that get it? Very seldom to problems just go away and fix themselves.

I think Carl's comments of "this feels like year one" explains it. They are coaching the same things Bo and Carl coached in year one. But much like year one, he has a group of guys that are not yet understanding what it is they're coaching. Might be a coaching issue in the sense that in the future, you need to make sure you're spending enough time coaching up next years starters and not only focusing on this year's team.

If he's seen these problems in practice, is he not addressing them? Are all the players not grasping it or just some of them? If it's just some of them, then why doesn't he play the ones that get it? Very seldom to problems just go away and fix themselves.

I think Carl's comments of "this feels like year one" explains it. They are coaching the same things Bo and Carl coached in year one. But much like year one, he has a group of guys that are not yet understanding what it is they're coaching. Might be a coaching issue in the sense that in the future, you need to make sure you're spending enough time coaching up next years starters and not only focusing on this year's team.

This is what i don't get. If you listen to any interviews of players back in the mid-90's, they all say the same thing. The coaches didn't have to tell them. Their teammates got all over them when they made these mistakes. Do we have absolutely zero leaders on this team? I mean where's Dennard in all of this. The other thing that just doesn't make sense is how could Ciante Evans go up and break up passes and be right with the receiver last year but is nowhere to be found this year? I never ready anything about getting a brain transplant in the offseason. How did he get so dumbed down on picking up the scheme?

Can we please stop with this pervasive myth once and for all.

1.Myth: Ciante Evans was a stud last year. Reality: The only play people remember Ciante making last year is the pass breakup against Missouri in the end zone. Go back and look at the play yourself, he was beat by at least half a step but the ball was slightly under thrown allowing him to make the play. There is no other image anyone can say they remember as Ciante making a play. He played against mizzou and again against ISU and was beaten time and time again against the clones.

• Fire 1