McKewon was lowest AP voter for NU at #24

NUance

And here all this time I thought local sportswriters were supposed to inform and entertain us, while generally supporting our local teams. Thank you for enlightening me that Samuel McKewon should be at the front of the pitchforks and torches mob. Since he’s Cornhusker omniscient and all.

I guess we disagree on the role of a reporter. I think they should report . . . you think they should support and entertain.

No pitchforks and torches, please. Just accurate and fair reporting with the courage to call an average Nebraska team an average Nebraska team.

I guess we disagree on the role of a reporter. I think they should report . . . you think they should support and entertain.

No pitchforks and torches, please. Just accurate and fair reporting with the courage to call an average Nebraska team an average Nebraska team.

I agree with you that this is what they should do. Do you think that's what they do, though? I'm not seeing a lot of Walter Cronkites or Paul Harveys in the press corps these days.

W48N17;

If that's what you really took from that post, reading comprehension development may need to be in your future...

Just the fact that you guys are mentioning national championship hunt in regards to nebraska is hilarious. Any writer/fan that thinks Nebraska is winning the national title this year is clueless.

Uh,, It was toung and cheek.

I think the 24 ranking is fine. We are quite clearly a flawed team. With a win next week and a win against Minnesota, We should be up in the top-15 area (in my book, i know we are still at 14 now)...the polls have us overrated so I wouldn't be surprised if we're back in the top 10 if we can win our next 3 games. But 24 is fine and justified right now...its not like he dropped us out of the rankings or anything

I agree with you that this is what they should do. Do you think that's what they do, though? I'm not seeing a lot of Walter Cronkites or Paul Harveys in the press corps these days.

I think that this sort of reporting is depressingly uncommon. That does not mean that I will lower my own expectations.

And here all this time I thought local sportswriters were supposed to inform and entertain us, while generally supporting our local teams. Thank you for enlightening me that Samuel McKewon should be at the front of the pitchforks and torches mob. Since he’s Cornhusker omniscient and all.

Support and entertain? I think I said that local sportswriters were supposed to inform and entertain us, while generally supporting our local teams.

I find it surprising that no one except me is annoyed by our own local sportswriter voting us lower in the AP poll than any other sportswriter in the nation. I wonder how many of you same people would support dear ole Sam if he had voted Michigan #1 back in 1997 AP poll (that is, if he'd had a vote back then). I suspect not many would support him in that situation--even though he would not have been the low outlier in that '97 poll. Like he is in this one.

Sam McKewon’s Top 25, Week five

BY SAM MCKEWON | 9:34 AM, MONDAY, OCT. 3 | POSTED IN BIG RED TODAY

Nebraska sits at No. 24 in my Associated Press top 25 this week. That’s lower than any other AP voter. Color me very surprised.

LINK

McKewon voted us #24 in the AP poll. Wow, thanks a lot Sam. You've been my favorite local writer for quite a while now. But this week you won my Pollstalker vote for bad AP voter of the week.

Pollstalker: LINK

No offense . . . but McKewon might be being generous ranking us in the Top 25. Before Saturday I said that I thought we were a borderline top 25 team http://www.huskerboa...post__p__811417 . . . after Saturday I think we are closer to a borderline Top 35 team.

If you think McKewon is being unfair you're probably not paying attention.

#24 actually sounded like a right vote to me. We don't deserve to be in the Top 20.