What's the concensus on Bo in huskerville?

Duffman

I think he learned his lesson from A&M last year. I am not so concerned with that side of him going forward.

I am more concerned with his apparent lack of attention to the offensive side of the ball. Press conference after press conferences are filled with mostly defensive questions and he talks to that topic quite a bit. Meanwhile, you ask him about the offense and relatively speaking he doesn't have much to say.

I could be totally off base as I am just looking into the fishbowl, but that's the impression I get.

Well..so far...the offense looks better than the defense this year...maybe he's not so concerned about the offense because of their decent production...just a thought

The only concern with the offense right now is turnovers. Our defense is capable but cannot be given a short field to defend like the last couple of years.

My own thoughts on Bo.

1. He's really working hard to be calmer this season, but I was frankly concerned after his D got lit up after the Fresno State game and he didn't act upset at all. He just said "we know how to fix it."

2. Overall, I enjoy his passion and fire but sometimes worry that some of his tantrums demonstrate a lack of control which carries over to the lack of discipline on the field at times. For instance, and I'm not trying to spread a bunch of rumors here, but my wife was on a flight to Minneapolis Sunday afternoon, and her flight crew was the same that had the team late Saturday night. They said they've never seen the team so quiet, and Bo was apparently throwing things around and threatening to play all the young guys. Again, I'm not trying to spread rumors, just passing along what was heard.

3. I won't be convinced that Bo can take this program to the next level until he can win the big game. It seems when expectations are highest, his team does the worst. I do think he can continue to keep this program in the top 25 however.

4. Bo is a bit too stubborn at times. In the case of Martinez, I realize he's trying to stick by his guy, but Bo has to realize why so many fans and media are torn about Martinez's passing abilities. Nebraska's strength now (and always) is the running game, and we'd be better off focusing on that rather than trying to make this season (and the next 2) a trial in Taylor's passing abilities. Bottom line-I'd rather have a mistake-free game manager type of QB over one whose performance goes from one extreme to another.

I support Bo-

he can't win, no matter what he does..

there will always be critics... he will be too fiery, not fiery enough... too animated.. not animated enough.. .being in charge of a team or a business just sucks!!

I know the he knows... a whole lot more that me.. as I sit here at my tech job, I would not expect him to understand why his laptop does not boot up..again, but I know how to fix it :)

I learned in business, you could give out free samples and free $20 bills... 20% of the people you handed FREE stuff to would complain about the product and the the $20 were not crisp enough

This era of TM reminds me of Scott Frost... remember disaster in the desert @ ASU?

team fell apart.. Scott was a scapegoat.. then what did he do the next year.. well... ask Washington and Tenn , just what he did :)

BTW-- they still show highlights from that game, at home games in Tempe... I was there for a game recently...

This era of TM reminds me of Scott Frost... remember disaster in the desert @ ASU?

team fell apart.. Scott was a scapegoat.. then what did he do the next year.. well... ask Washington and Tenn , just what he did :)

BTW-- they still show highlights from that game, at home games in Tempe... I was there for a game recently...

I don't blame em. Getting blown out 77-28 one year and them coming back to win 0-19 the next truly is remarkable, if you really think about it.

It was an amazing feat for sure..

the were the most immediate benefactors of playing a Frazierless and otherless team...

It also showed what happens when a QB is not liked or trusted by the team / fans...

I think 50% of the team are TM likers and the other 50% are haters

It was an amazing feat for sure..

the were the most immediate benefactors of playing a Frazierless and otherless team...

It also showed what happens when a QB is not liked or trusted by the team / fans...

I think 50% of the team are TM likers and the other 50% are haters

I don't know about that. I haven't seen enough negative evidence to suggest that half the team dislikes Martinez. Obviously this is college, and players aren't going to ram on a quarterback like they tend to do in the NFL, but I would say most of the team supports Martinez.

Truly, though, none of us really know.