To lighten the mood on this board

Post how your favorite moment of Nebraska Football, whether it be a game, a season, or just watching the game. This is not a hold hands, sing around the campfire post, but rather, a post for the sake of possibly raising some morale. GBR

One of my favorites has to be the 2009 Holiday Bowl. After a rough season in 2009 complete with a few triumphs, and a few heartbreaks, it was vindication to have such a strong final showing of the year. I was at the Big 12 title game vs Texas, drove home 12 hours the next day completely miserable, but proud. I couldn't help but think why we couldn't have tried that offensive game plan vs Texas. Two more absolutely have to be the 10-3 game vs OU, and beating Clemson in the Gator Bowl. I'm a younger fan (20 almost 21) so the glory days have been long since passed by for me. GBR, let's circle the wagons, and beat the hell outta the buckeyes. Husker f'ing' Power.

• Fire 1

2009 Oklahoma. The stadium was absolutely rocking the entire game and our defense played lights out. That was when the defense proved that they were the best in the nation. So many times I was thinking, they've been on the field so much, they are bound to break but they never did. My throat was sore for the next few days after that.

Good thread...I have to go with the 2008 season. I know there were some very, very rough games that year. But that year I had so much enjoyment with how the last stretch of the season went. Guys were playing hard, they never quit, and that Clemson bowl game was a phenomenal ending to the season. For some reason I just really liked what I saw from that team for the majority of the year.

I'm going to take it back a lot further than most have so far. My grandfather was a very stern and reserved gentleman. A WWII veteran who had built his business up from scratch, worked hard and was a very stern disciplinarian who rarely showed any emotion. Quite frankly, he scared me.

Thats why it was such a shock to see him jumping up and down on the couch as Johnny Rodgers returned the punt against OU in 71. That is my first true Husker memory and that indeligble image will be in my mind forever.

As a kid, my sister was a very good gymnast a she had been invited to do some training with some of the coaches at UNL and the US team. I was like 11 or 12 and my dad took me over to watch practice. It was just finishing up but I got to go down on the field and run through some of the drill stations and be on the astroturf. Then we went into the old weight room and I got to see the players lifting weights. And we saw TO and a few other coaches who I can't even remember. I barely remember TO and didn't really care who he even was. We were about to leave when one of the players started yelling my dad's name. We turned around and Ken Kaelin was standing their waiving us over. (My dad knew the family well). I got to meet him, Doug Dubose and several other guys. It was so cool to have these guys make a big deal out of us being there. After that I was hooked pretty good on the Huskers.

My 3 fondest moments in Husker history are.

1. The 95 Fiesta Bowl were we clobered Florida for the mnc. That year one my uncles was sick and in the hospital. My mom, brothers and I packed up and headed to Texas during our winter vacation from school. We stayed that night at my aunts house in Fort Worth and continued onto Alabama the next morning. During that week we were there family was all around in the hospital and at my aunts place were we all stayed. Even though it was a bad week as we all knew my uncle wouldn't make it out of the hospital. We were all able smile and have a good time watching that game. While watching it I was the only Husker fan surrounded by some Florida fans and mainly SEC fans. My moms side of the family she has 13 brothers and sisters who are all married and have kids and all live in the south. Majority of them are Alabama fans with a few Auburn and Florida fans. So even though it was during a bad time for the family it was a fun time for me and something the family needed to get our minds off of current events.

2. The 94 Orange Bowl were we beat Miami for the mnc. That was such a great game to watch and see the come back for the victory. But the best part of it all my dad didn't see it. He's the type when Nebraska is losing and lose hope he'll generally walk out of the room. Well he did that night and of course I started going nuts when we took the lead and won. My dad came in and asked how did we pull this off. My only reply was should of watched the game.

3. The 03 game against Penn State. I had just been deployed to combat and arrived to Kuwait the day before this game. I figured i wouldn't be able to see it and the only way I knew what would happen is by calling home. Well thankfully I was wrong the soldier center on base had some tv's set up with AFN (armed forces network). During the game one of the tv's were open so I went of and thankfully AFN was broadcasting the game. So thankfully I was able to catch the entire game and cheer us onto victory. A couple days later I was to fly up to Baghdad Iraq spend the night at the air port and continue onto meet up with my unit in the Green Zone. When I went to join the convoy to the green zone they put all of us on a bus that was painted red and had white Arabic lettering on the side. Of course it made me smile as i'm now in combat but yet riding a big red bus. Once I got to my unit in the Green Zone i was greeted by my fellow soldiers and shown my sleeping area. The next morning I was taken and introduced to my company comander and first sargent. While talking to my section sargent and officers that were in the room while waiting on my first sargent. One of the officers asked where I was from, I stated Nebraska. He asked if I was a Husker fan and if so who they played. I told him yes and Penn State we won it was never in doubt lol. As I said this my first sargent walked into the room and everyone cringed. My first thought was great my commanding officer went to Penn State and I hope he didn't hear me. Nope I was wrong it was my first sargent and he did :(. I still laughed though and thankfully he did to.

The '95 Orange Bowl... I was just 9, but I still remember that night. My brother had just met the girl who eventually became his wife, and brought her to our house to watch the game with us. I don't think she was quite prepared for how vocal we got during the game, she was a little bit freaked out at first. After 16 years, I think she's finally used to it. :D Obviously the game was a lot closer than the beatdown we gave Florida in the Fiesta Bowl, but I think that's part of why it's a fonder memory for me than the Fiesta, plus it was the first time I got to see the Huskers win the national championship. I laugh everytime I think of Tom being interviewed at the end of the game, being asked what he thought of his first national championship, and finally seeing him smile as he said, "Well, it's enjoyable, I'll say that!"

The 4th quarter of the '95 Orange Bowl. Two TDs from Schlesinger that finally put Miami away were great, and possibly the moments that we all remember most vividly, but for me, the best moment was when Terry Connealy put Costa on his back after the Huskers took the lead.