Pelini says...........

Pelini said harsh fan criticism of Martinez is a "shame."

"The same people who sit out in our stadium on their hands and don't cheer are the same people who sit back and criticize our quarterback -- a kid who's out there busting his butt and putting up good numbers," Pelini said.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. No point in attacking Martinez. He is clearly the man, and has the support of many. Most importantly though he has the support of his fellow players and his coaches. Or at least, they are definitely trying to make it appear so. No point in Bo slamming the fan base again either. Somehow the most negative fans get the entire fan base "labeled" as pessimists or outright a$$hole$. Lord knows. I've made some harsh judgments usually fueled by a beer or six, but still, I do have these guys' backs when it really comes down to it. I would say 90 percent of the Husker fan base does. Bo needs to quit passing his judgment on the entire fan base with these comments, when really the only thing he's basing his perception on is the outspoken few.

The problems is that he's just not a quarterback. Nuff said. He was put into the position and he's doing his best I'm sure (and I hope), but he's just not cut out for it. It like if we had put Joe Ganz out there at I-back and criticized him when he sucked. It's a tough position, and I don't think it's his fault. He's just not in the right place.

The problems is that he's just not a quarterback. Nuff said. He was put into the position and he's doing his best I'm sure (and I hope), but he's just not cut out for it. It like if we had put Joe Ganz out there at I-back and criticized him when he sucked. It's a tough position, and I don't think it's his fault. He's just not in the right place.

he's not........Pelini knows it too.

I appreciated the fact that he more or less called out the blue-hairs for doing little more than taking up space. Wait...maybe he's calling out the students, just because they're so far away from the field, it looks like they're ants not moving from his vantage point.

"The same people who sit out in our stadium on their hands and don't cheer are the same people who sit back and criticize our quarterback -- a kid who's out there busting his butt and putting up good numbers," Pelini said.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. No point in attacking Martinez. He is clearly the man, and has the support of many. Most importantly though he has the support of his fellow players and his coaches. Or at least, they are definitely trying to make it appear so. No point in Bo slamming the fan base again either. Somehow the most negative fans get the entire fan base "labeled" as pessimists or outright a$$hole$. Lord knows. I've made some harsh judgments usually fueled by a beer or six, but still, I do have these guys' backs when it really comes down to it. I would say 90 percent of the Husker fan base does. Bo needs to quit passing his judgment on the entire fan base with these comments, when really the only thing he's basing his perception on is the outspoken few.

I didnt read it that way... I read it as him slamming the people attacking martinez. for the most part I think he's correct too.

• Fire 1

I didnt read it that way... I read it as him slamming the people attacking martinez. for the most part I think he's correct too.

I think Bo is 100% correct.

• Fire 1

Still mystified why more criticism isn't aimed at the defense, where it belongs. Including a defensive front line that was ranked among the best in the nation coming in, but appears to threaten absolutely no one. A Martinez-led offense would look brilliant against these blackshirts.

People need just one face to blame, and Taylor Martinez is easier to crap on than Carl Pelini.

• Fire 1

Still mystified why more criticism isn't aimed at the defense, where it belongs. Including a defensive front line that was ranked among the best in the nation coming in, but appears to threaten absolutely no one. A Martinez-led offense would look brilliant against these blackshirts.

People need just one face to blame, and Taylor Martinez is easier to crap on than Carl Pelini.

There's plenty of blame to go around. The defense is a part of it, Martinez is a part of it, and Beck is a part of it. A lot of people make the mistake of saying "Don't blame X, blame Y" when both of them are partially to blame.

I imagine Taylor gets the brunt of the criticism 1) because he plays the most scrutinized position in football, and 2) because offensively, it seems like the easiest problem to "fix".

Another Bad Bo thread??!! :facepalm:

You people struggling to support Taylor and now Bo, please, give your damn tickets (yes, give, cuz you sure the hell dont deserve any money for them) to someone who will. Last thing we need saturday night is a chorus of boos and grumbling a minute into the game after Taylor's first incompletion. If all you wanna do is gripe and moan then stay home and shutup.

• Fire 1

Another Bad Bo thread??!! :facepalm:

You people struggling to support Taylor and now Bo, please, give your damn tickets (yes, give, cuz you sure the hell dont deserve any money for them) to someone who will. Last thing we need saturday night is a chorus of boos and grumbling a minute into the game after Taylor's first incompletion. If all you wanna do is gripe and moan then stay home and shutup.

So what you're saying is, you read this:

as this:

OMG I HATE BO, BO IS EVIL, BO HATES OUR PLAYERS, BO HATES OUR FANS, FIRE THIS CLOWN OSBORNE, CALL THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE

?

Jeez. Did you even read the OP?

I wonder if we would've heard all of this criticism had we won. If we would've stayed in the game, still had those interceptions but made a come back later in the game. Would all have been forgiven?