NU's Brown: Let's all be reasonable

I haven't seen this posted anywhere but I thought it was a pretty good article. If it's been posted then please take this down.

Brown called fifth-year senior Curenski Gilleylen one of the most committed guys on the team and told of the I-back showing up for the Friday morning meetings and walk-through before the Wyoming game, even though he wasn't making the trip.

"I said, 'Curenski, you know you're not traveling, right?' " Brown said. "He said, 'I know, Coach, I just want to be with the team.'"

This was an afterthought to the article but was pretty alarming to me. Sounds like a guy you would want to be making the trip. Someone like this can be the leader this team needs. I know you can only take so many guys on road trips but I would think you would find a way to get him on the plane, especially since he is a 5th year senior. Dude has put in his time, he shouldn't be sitting at home.

I haven't seen this posted anywhere but I thought it was a pretty good article. If it's been posted then please take this down.

Brown called fifth-year senior Curenski Gilleylen one of the most committed guys on the team and told of the I-back showing up for the Friday morning meetings and walk-through before the Wyoming game, even though he wasn't making the trip.

"I said, 'Curenski, you know you're not traveling, right?' " Brown said. "He said, 'I know, Coach, I just want to be with the team.'"

This was an afterthought to the article but was pretty alarming to me. Sounds like a guy you would want to be making the trip. Someone like this can be the leader this team needs. I know you can only take so many guys on road trips but I would think you would find a way to get him on the plane, especially since he is a 5th year senior. Dude has put in his time, he shouldn't be sitting at home.

That's cool. I'm sure Gilleylen might be looking at his playing days dwindling and making sure it gets all he can.

Rex Burkhead is the Chuck Norris of college football players. Maybe we can better utilize him in the secondary? J/K

Ron Brown spoke at my mom's church recently for a couple of services. (I wasn't there, as I am not a practicing member of any organized religion.) The first service, he went on way longer than the time allotted, and he made inflammatory comments regarding abortion and homosexuality. After the first service, he was approached and politely asked to try his best to remain within the time frame they had initially agreed on, and to avoid concentrating on the issues of abortion and homosexuality.

So of course, for the second service, his presentation went on even longer than his first, and this time he absolutely railed on those issues he had been politely asked to refrain from focusing on.

I am perfectly within my right to post this, even amidst the current feel on HB with EZ-E's excellent thread. Ron Brown asking for people to be reasonable is hysterical beyond articulation to me.

• Fire 2

Ron Brown spoke at my mom's church recently for a couple of services. (I wasn't there, as I am not a practicing member of any organized religion.) The first service, he went on way longer than the time allotted, and he made inflammatory comments regarding abortion and homosexuality. After the first service, he was approached and politely asked to try his best to remain within the time frame they had initially agreed on, and to avoid concentrating on the issues of abortion and homosexuality.

So of course, for the second service, his presentation went on even longer than his first, and this time he absolutely railed on those issues he had been politely asked to refrain from focusing on.

I am perfectly within my right to post this, even amidst the current feel on HB with EZ-E's excellent thread. Ron Brown asking for people to be reasonable is hysterical beyond articulation to me.

Love Ron Brown. Good for him. (No sarcasm)

Love Ron Brown. Good for him. (No sarcasm)

I will not join you in applauding Ron Brown for explicitly stating he would do one thing, and then doing the exact opposite. I view that as an act lacking in integrity, and I'm not even referencing the issues he was speaking on.

But this is a football thread, not a religion thread, so I'll leave it at that. (And I'm the one who interjected the religion aspect here, so I take the blame in steering the conversation in that direction.)

I respect your opinion CL, and you're certainly entitled to it. It is literally impossible for me to disagree more strongly.

Whatever. It's Ohio State day. All of this can be rehashed at another date and time. I'd be more than willing to pick this up at some future point if anyone has anything they'd like to say to me on the matter.

GBR!

• Fire 2

...... why would you even post this?

• Fire 2

...... why would you even post this?

Why shouldn't I?

If you really can't see why you shouldn't have posted an inflammatory story about Ron Brown in a thread that had a LOT less to do with Ron Brown and a lot to do with the charaçter of an upstanding fifth-year player setting a great example, I would have to believe you're being intentionally blind to the problem, Nebula.

I also strongly support Ron, and I doubt he would have agreed to speak and limit his topics in a religious venue. Just doesn't sound like Ron. But then, I think you also pretty much stated your own agenda against Ron Brown when you stated you don't practice any organized religion. I pray for you and those like you, and feel remorse that you haven't known the grace of Jesus Christ.

• Fire 4

If you really can't see why you shouldn't have posted an inflammatory story about Ron Brown in a thread that had a LOT less to do with Ron Brown and a lot to do with the charaçter of an upstanding fifth-year player setting a great example, I would have to believe you're being intentionally blind to the problem, Nebula.

I also strongly support Ron, and I doubt he would have agreed to speak and limit his topics in a religious venue. Just doesn't sound like Ron. But then, I think you also pretty much stated your own agenda against Ron Brown when you stated you don't practice any organized religion. I pray for you and those like you, and feel remorse that you haven't known the grace of Jesus Christ.

How was it inflammatory?

Well, as I very clearly stated, this is a football thread that I derailed into religion, for which I acknowledged blame and attempted to steer back into football. I don't know if you intentionally ignored that, so...

How is this an inflammatory story? Anyone who knows anything about Ron Brown would be more surprised about a story involving slowly drying paint than the story I just recounted.

Save your prayers, brother. I don't want them. But I wish you zero ill will. I also don't believe that you will suffer for eternity because you don't believe what I believe. That is (one) of the fundamental differences between you and I. Take care.

• Fire 3