Official Taylor Martinez is a boss - thread

Enhance

Taylor played as complete of a game against tOSU as we've seen him play yet. I think Taylor needs to throw the ball 20ish times a games, with a couple long balls to stretch the field. Whay baffles me is that TM had over 100 yards and it seemed there were very few plays that were designed runs for him. It's no secret he is not a pure passer, it is also no secret he is a fenom of a runner. Why not utilize that a little more? i.e. Dennard

Yeah, for some reason we're not using him as much this year. But everybody else is doing well and def. DCs haven't forgot about him so the results are hard to argue with. Oh boy, we're so loaded w/offensive talent we simply can't get them all the ball enough.

Stopping the opponents offense on 3rd down more than once a game would help some. :-)

GBR!!

Taylor played as complete of a game against tOSU as we've seen him play yet. I think Taylor needs to throw the ball 20ish times a games, with a couple long balls to stretch the field. Whay baffles me is that TM had over 100 yards and it seemed there were very few plays that were designed runs for him. It's no secret he is not a pure passer, it is also no secret he is a fenom of a runner. Why not utilize that a little more? i.e. Dennard

It's probably best to try and limit the hits he takes. I think Michigan tried to hold back Robinson earlier in the season, but they don't have much of an offense without him running it.

If he limits all his mistakes he could get to be a "bearable" qb for us?

lol!

Just keep hating, BigWillie.

GBR!!

I give credit, you call it hate. Cannot win with some of you.

I don't think there was any magical progression involved. This is what Taylor has been all along. He just (quote)needs to make better decisions(unquote). That, and his coaches need to put him in a better position to succeed. Done and done as far as OSU is concerned. Beck's playcalling in the Ohio State game helped him make better decisions. Now they just need to keep doing it (obviously easier said than done). He's still the same guy with the trbl passing mechanics. And he probably won't be able to stand in the pocket and pick apart secondaries anytime ever. But we don't need him to. If the coaches acknowledge what his weaknesses are and let him do what he does best, then he can be as dangerous as any QB in the nation.

Before the OSU game, Taylor had more INTs than TDs, and had put the ball on the ground 9 times. His decision making was a HUGE problem and the exact reason so, so many people were heavily critical of him. If Taylor was that same QB last Saturday, the comeback absolutely isn't possible.

One of the bigger progressions Taylor made over a weeks time was learning he didn't need to constantly be 'big game hunting' with his passes. He learned he can utilize the receiving abilities of someone like Rex as a receivers to his advantage. In 1.5 years, I cannot remember Taylor ever coming even reasonably close to using the RB the way he did last Saturday. I do know that not utilizing Rex against Wisconsin was a point of frustration for Rex as he was open numerous times in that game but never used.

To his credit, I hope he continues to utilize the RBs out of the backfield which should give more man coverage to someone like Kyler Reed to use. It should open options for him and make the pass game easier if he continues.

I'll gladly eat crow, and will continue to do so as it will mean we are winning games. Martinez had a good game I'll give him that. However I reserve the right to criticize his performance after he self destructs and has bad games at Michigan St. and Penn St (who I feel have better D's then OSU).

My biggest thing with the OSU game was that the team finally showed some heart. They dug down and got it done. Something that imho this team hasn't shown in a very long time.

If I was Martinez. The first thing I would do on sunday is take the O-line out to the buffet. Whoever lit a fire under their A$$'s in the second half deserves a big peice of the credit for how the rest of the offense played. They looked overwelmed in the first half. When they changed the blocking scheme in the second half looked nasty. It seemed like the offense was finally all working together, instead a few trying to carry the masses & i really feel it started up front.

I'll gladly eat crow, and will continue to do so as it will mean we are winning games. Martinez had a good game I'll give him that. However I reserve the right to criticize his performance after he self destructs and has bad games at Michigan St. and Penn St (who I feel have better D's then OSU).

My biggest thing with the OSU game was that the team finally showed some heart. They dug down and got it done. Something that imho this team hasn't shown in a very long time.

Wow, it takes biggest comeback win in the history of NU cfb for you to admit our qb had a good game. Real big of you, Einstein.

If you would have noticed our qb & offense has been bailing us out all year long. Did you even watch the Washington game? The Fresno St game? Probably not as your mind is made up so why watch them?

Lastly, if he doesn't also have great games vs the nation's currently #6 ranked total defense (PSU) & #2 ranked total defense (MSU) you get to claim "Tmart sucks!!". Again.

:facepalm:

Well, wear your hater badge proudly.

GBR!!

Wow, it takes biggest comeback win in the history of NU cfb for you to admit our qb had a good game. Real big of you, Einstein.

If you would have noticed our qb & offense has been bailing us out all year long. Did you even watch the Washington game? The Fresno St game? Probably not as your mind is made up so why watch them?

Lastly, if he doesn't also have great games vs the nation's currently #6 ranked total defense (PSU) & #2 ranked total defense (MSU) you get to claim "Tmart sucks!!". Again.

GBR!!

although i agree with this post on whole, i do not agree with the 'einstein' remark. it really didn't fit. maybe a 'real big of you, verne troyer', or wee man or something of the like.

GBR!!

although i agree with this post on whole, i do not agree with the 'einstein' remark. it really didn't fit. maybe a 'real big of you, verne troyer', or wee man or something of the like.

Good point and I stand humbly corrected. Your "real big of you, verne troyer" line would have been much more appropriate.

GBR!!