Predict our last six games

MINN - W (Blowout because it's Minnesota)

MSU - W (2 Scores because their D hasn't really played anyone and I personally think Cousins is a little overrated)

NW - W (Close if Persa is playing, but either way we win. Their D won't stop us)

PSU - W (Close because it's in Happy Valley, but they can't seem to stick with a QB)

MICH - L (Only because it's in the Big House. I think our D will be much improved by then, but Shoelace is a G)

IOWA - W (Blowout because it's at home and Iowa sucks)

Nebraska Football: Odds and Expected Season Record

cornnation.com; Oct 11, 2011 1:12 PM CDT in 2011 Nebraska Huskers Football

The odds of winning @Michigan have fallen dramatically, from 50% to less than 1/3. The odds of beating Michigan State have fallen from 4/5 to 2/3. The game at @Penn State has fallen from nearly 3/5 to less than 1/2. The odds of beating Iowa went down then up. The odds on Minnesota and Northwestern have remained about the same.

In the two games played in that time, Nebraska did not go undefeated (about 19% chance), avoided losing both (about 16% chance), and split (about 65% chance).

Here are the odds on records in the final 6 games:

0-6: 0.00%

1-5: 0.22%

2-4: 3.44%

3-3: 18.69%

4-2: 39.01%

5-1: 31.02%

6-0: 7.62%

For those worried about bowl eligibility, the odds appear to be better than 99.99%. The expected record in the final 6 games is 4.2-1.8, for an overall record of 9.2-2.8.

LINK

The stats come from Massey.

Nebraska Football: Odds and Expected Season Record

cornnation.com; Oct 11, 2011 1:12 PM CDT in 2011 Nebraska Huskers Football

The odds of winning @Michigan have fallen dramatically, from 50% to less than 1/3. The odds of beating Michigan State have fallen from 4/5 to 2/3. The game at @Penn State has fallen from nearly 3/5 to less than 1/2. The odds of beating Iowa went down then up. The odds on Minnesota and Northwestern have remained about the same.

In the two games played in that time, Nebraska did not go undefeated (about 19% chance), avoided losing both (about 16% chance), and split (about 65% chance).

Here are the odds on records in the final 6 games:

0-6: 0.00%

1-5: 0.22%

2-4: 3.44%

3-3: 18.69%

4-2: 39.01%

5-1: 31.02%

6-0: 7.62%

For those worried about bowl eligibility, the odds appear to be better than 99.99%. The expected record in the final 6 games is 4.2-1.8, for an overall record of 9.2-2.8.

LINK

The stats come from Massey.

Those odds look about right to me. But "if" Bo can get our defense somewhat repaired it's a totally different scenario.

GBR!!

Minnesota = W - A little concerned about Marquies Gray, but they're not a good team overall.

Michigan State = ? - Cousins is an immobile pocket passer, which bodes well for our defense. But he is a quick, accurate passer, and they have a solid run game and a solid defense. This will be our hardest remaining game.

Northwestern = W - Persa is another immobile pocket passer, but he also can sling the ball around to a talented WR corps. They haven't played a difficult schedule to date and have lost three games, though. The blueprint to beat them is there.

Penn State = W - Their defense looks a lot like OSU's. Unfortunately, they don't have the offense (and specifically Braxton Miller) to make us pay for being slowed by their defense. Should be a win.

Michigan = ? - This game depends entirely on how we defend DRob. Contain him and we win. We will move the ball on their DEF with smart play-calling. We just have to be smart about this.

Iowa = W - Those conversations with Iowa Fan about how "Vandenberg is better than Stanzi" still make me chuckle. Remember last year's Colorado game? Yep. Same result.

At worst we finish 4-2. At best 6-0, but likely we'll have a hiccup and finish 5-1, with the loss being to either Michigan team.

@Minnesota = W It's Minnesota enough said

Michigan St = W They have Michigan and Wiscy before coming to Lincoln. They'll be completely deflated by the time they show up.

Northwestern = W They are a good team until half time. If tOSU defense wore down the the second half against us, the Wildcats better score 60 in the first half to make a game of it!

@Penn State = W The Nittany Lions have no offense aside from Indiana State(41) and Eastern Mich(34) their largest point total was 16 and that was against Indiana, heck they only managed to score 14 against Temple. Their D is stout, but they can't score against anyone. Maher will win this game for us.

@Michigan = W They play @Iowa and @Illinois before the Big Red rolls into Ann Arbor. This does follow @Penn State for the Huskers, but I just have a feeling that with the addition of SJB to the secondary they will be ready to man up, load the box, and let Dennard try and beat us with his arm. Although DR has been impressive with his feet, his throws are more of a jump ball than Taylor's. We get at least 3 picks, we we won't roll over like Northwestern did against the Wolverines!

Iowa = W The Hawks will probably be playing for bowl eligibility in this one, so they'll bring a ton of heart. This is the border war that will be a slobber-knocker every year. This year the Hawks go down swinging, but they do go down!

Bring on Indy and the CCG! Illinois = W, Wiscy = a better performance than October 1!

:koolaid2:

I think we'll win all but one of the remaining regular season games. I'm not going to pick which.

I think we can beat Wisconsin if we make it to the CCG. I actually felt that way before the Ohio State game. It will be really hard for Wisconsin to get pumped up to play a team they already annihilated, and Nebraska has much more room to improve than Wisconsin does.