I give credit to Dirk Chatlein for taking the situation with Bo head on this morning in his lunch bites. He told his side of the story, and acknowledged Bo's right to act the way he did. In reality, Dirk is a professional journalists, but deep down he is a Husker-born guy like the rest of us, and I think he voices those concerns like most fans. He is critical, but so are we. He also cares, that much is clear. Very respectable 'brunch bites' by Dirk.

• Fire 3

I give credit to Dirk Chatlein for taking the situation with Bo head on this morning in his lunch bites. He told his side of the story, and acknowledged Bo's right to act the way he did. In reality, Dirk is a professional journalists, but deep down he is a Husker-born guy like the rest of us, and I think he voices those concerns like most fans. He is critical, but so are we. He also cares, that much is clear. Very respectable 'brunch bites' by Dirk.

I agree with this 100%.

I agree with your statement as well. Dirk my "irk" many husker fans but I believe he is asking the questions that we can only speculate answers for on Huskerboard. Pelini isn't very receptive of his questions but that's just how he does things, he likes to focus on the positives and address the negatives in house only.

When I listen to the post game pressers they always leave me thinking 'Why in the world do they ask such stupid questions?' They ask questions they already know the answers to as they watch the game too, right? If they're really going to cover the sport then prepare some intelligent questions. Blah! That's my biggest beef against these reporters-I don't care who they are. Why do they insist on asking Bo personal type questions or questions about the player's (i.e. Was Taylor feeling confident? Why don't you ask Taylor how he was feeling!) Stoopid!) No one asks him questions about the formations or specific plays. What is the greatest challenge for the defense heading into the game against Minnesota? Things like that.

Dirk has always been a debbie downer. Case in point here: http://www.omaha.com...IGRED/710099772

But honestly isn't that what you were thinking during and following that game? I know there were many others that shared those thoughts with myself.

DIrk asks the questions many fans would love to know,ie the Marvin Sanders incident during the signing day presser, he just tries a little too overly to get those answers and can push a lot of wrong buttons in the process.