NU fans at Minnesota

Excel

Make a stop to Matt's Bar and the 5-8 club and get a Jucy Lucy or Juicy Lucy (spelling depends on which place you visit) at each and cast your ballot for the best. Each claims ownership of the invention of the "Lucy" and the lines have been drawn in the sand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jucy_Lucy

Another bar I recommend is The Nook in St. Paul. I haven't been back since they reopened after the fire but if its anything like before the atmosphere is great. Plus there is a bowling alley below so you can knock a few pins around too.

My wife and I are heading up Thursday. Were also wanting to tailgate. Seems as if the fair grounds lot is the only one that allows game day parking (no pass) and tailgating. So I'm thinking thats where most huskers will end up? We don't want to be surrounded my gophers lol. We will probably do suzies Friday night and Sensors for post game.

Our group is planning on tailgating at the fairgrounds as well, and I think this area will be mostly Husker fans. Of course, I think this game will be mostly Husker fans. It would be great to "Red Out" their Homecoming.

Heading up on Thursday.

Going to Psycho Suzi's on Friday and more than likely Gasthoff Zur Gemutlichkeit on Saturday postgame. The boot will be filled and then drained. Both places looked pretty excellent. Anyone ever been?

Been to Gasthoffs a few times. Never there to eat, although it'd be good. I recommend getting a boot of Franzischkaner (sp?) when you're at the bar in the basement. Stay away from the ladies giving out the snuff.

Enjoy the polka music! Another great place to enjoy is Nye's Polonaise. It's a Twin Cities old-time classic: http://www.nyespolonaise.com/

How many of you are making the trip to the cities? I know its two weeks out but are the local outlets reporting any projections like they did for the UW game?

I want to see that place decked out in red! I checked U of M's ticketing and they're only $70...get on it.

Damn, you're on these boards a lot now. :) Not that it's a bad thing.

Vested interest, or has DoNU become a second favorite of yours?

I don't like Minnesota and I enjoy rooting for NU as long as they're not playing UW, so a little bit of both. You guys have a fun team to be a fan of I'll give you that...

Go find some threads from this board after the 2009 Big XII title game theft, and you may think otherwise. ;)

Tailgate in Lot 37.... Hear more than a few Huskers have gotten tickets in there. My brother got four season tickets just for this game. We have a ton of family up there, so we are going with them.. We even got a trophy made called the "grudge cup" that will travel home with A) Winning team, and B) Whom ever guesses the closets score if a tie breaker is needed... MSP is a fun area... Although be aware of the different closing times at some of the bars and liquor stores. Depending on the county some close very early...