Burkhead one of the best on and off the field

True2tRA

Rex is just awesome. In every way. He runs hard, he's selfless and always thanks his linemen, and most importantly, he represents the University the way it's supposed to be represented. Good grades, no off the field incidents, and always gives it 110%. I'm truly going to miss him when he graduates. Probably more than any other player since Eric Crouch (and Suh of course).

After last week, and then on Saturday, I think it is unquestionable that Rex and Lavonte are the two leaders on this team. Rex leads more by example than talking, but he was definitely more vocal last week and it paid off for a few players.

I knew Rex would bring a great leadership quality to this team when we recruited him, but he continues to exceed the high expectations I had for him. If his playing career ever fails, Rex is going to have a LONG career as a football coach, if he chooses to go that route in his life.

Rex is just awesome. In every way. He runs hard, he's selfless and always thanks his linemen, and most importantly, he represents the University the way it's supposed to be represented. Good grades, no off the field incidents, and always gives it 110%. I'm truly going to miss him when he graduates. Probably more than any other player since Eric Crouch (and Suh of course).

Crouch was great, obviously...but a crybaby. His mannerisms with NU and beyond show this. Rex won't win a Heisman and he already is a better Husker in my book.

• 3 weeks later...