Osborne Praises Fans for their Role in Greatest Comeback

jsneb83

Dear Dr. Tom,

We don't care what you have to say until you start treating us fairly.

Sincerely, the students that make it possible for you to have a school and team in the first place, and that you don't reward.

There are plenty of other schools you could choose to go to. And guess what? They all make you pay a tuition. And in case your wondering, the tuition doesnt pay for much. The football program keeps the school running.

But the tuition helps fund the football program [among other things], which in turns helps fund the school. And I understand there are a lot of things that help fund the football program as well, but you're talking like our money paid to the school doesn't do jack for the athletic department.

And make sure and badger osborne for moving us to the B1G. B/c after all that extra money starts flowing in from the CIC and makes Nebraska one of the best schools in the nation I'm sure you want him to know you're not worried about getting one of the best educations possible but just want a better seat for games.

What does Dr. Tom moving us to the B1G have to do with your argument? In that same context, what does Dr. Tom moving us to the B1G have to do with Landlord's argument?

This may be a scary thing to think about, but many of the students that are at the University now where not around in the 90's to watch Tom, I'm not saying it is an excuse, but may be a reason why to them, he is just another high up not treating the students with the amount of respect their tuition check should get them. Just a thought.

You're trully not serious are you?? You know what their tuition check should get them?? A good education. That's it, nothing less, nothing more. Tuition is for school not for getting good seats to the football games!!

And we pay tuition to go to school. But we also pay money to get season tickets to football games as well. It's like you assume we get the tickets for free. Albeit, the tickets are cheaper for us than they are for other ticket holders, but they aren't free.

I went to a school where the tuition was much more. It was my choice so I'm not asking for sympathy. But what did I expect from my tuition check? A good education. That's it. Why should students expect anything more from a tuition check other than a good education? If you do expect more than that then you should probably quit school and get that minimum wage job!!

So because you expected a good education, that means that students today don't expect to receive a good education as well? And why should we expect more? Because we are paying a significant amount of money to attend UNL. At universities where total costs of living are roughly the same as UNL's, you see the students in better seats than where ours are, that's just ridiculous, isn't it? How dare they treat the students like they contribute the most [energetically] and at least more than some [money wise] to the university! And finally, I expect the dorm rooms to be decent, does that mean that I should quit school and get a minimum wage job?

What is the thing with all the entitlement these days?? I guess it's not only a problem with the football program, but just a general attitude with kids/young adults these days.

Because it wasn't back then [assuming when you were young]? And why are you using the football program if you're talking about the students? And while we're on entitlement, what's with those people [whom aren't students] saying they should get better tickets because they paid more [more money is title you know]? Finally, why are you stigmatizing us [kids and young adults]? There are just as many adults who believe they deserve something just because they are [insert title here] as there are kids/young adults in this country.

As for where the students are seated, I would love it if we are moved to a place where we can be better utilized [a la Camp Randall]. I would also love it if more student seating was added. But right now, it just isn't going to happen, for whatever reasons. I'm glad that I have the opportunity to attend the football games.

This may be a scary thing to think about, but many of the students that are at the University now where not around in the 90's to watch Tom, I'm not saying it is an excuse, but may be a reason why to them, he is just another high up not treating the students with the amount of respect their tuition check should get them. Just a thought.

You're trully not serious are you?? You know what their tuition check should get them?? A good education. That's it, nothing less, nothing more. Tuition is for school not for getting good seats to the football games!!

I went to a school where the tuition was much more. It was my choice so I'm not asking for sympathy. But what did I expect from my tuition check? A good education. That's it. Why should students expect anything more from a tuition check other than a good education? If you do expect more than that then you should probably quit school and get that minimum wage job!!

What is the thing with all the entitlement these days?? I guess it's not only a problem with the football program, but just a general attitude with kids/young adults these days.

As a current student you are afforded more access to the university than somebody that is no longer a student. This isn't an issue of young people thinking they are entitled to something, IMO that argument is has been overly played out and in most cases isn't a valid argument. If you truly were correct about this, then there would be no student section or student ticket pricing at any University. To my knowledge, that is not the case at any respectable program.

I could take your argument to the fundamental extreme to show you how flawed it is... Why provide parking for students? Housing? Meal plans? A rec center? These things have nothing to do with education, which according to you is the only thing their tuition check affords them.

Besides rec center/health areas and parking does tuition really cover housing and meals?? If so, then consider yourself lucky. I'm not sure how it works at a state school but housing and meal plans are not usually included in tuition as far as I know.

As a current student you are afforded more access to the university than somebody that is no longer a student. This isn't an issue of young people thinking they are entitled to something, IMO that argument is has been overly played out and in most cases isn't a valid argument. If you truly were correct about this, then there would be no student section or student ticket pricing at any University. To my knowledge, that is not the case at any respectable program.

I could take your argument to the fundamental extreme to show you how flawed it is... Why provide parking for students? Housing? Meal plans? A rec center? These things have nothing to do with education, which according to you is the only thing their tuition check affords them.

Besides rec center/health areas and parking does tuition really cover housing and meals?? If so, then consider yourself lucky. I'm not sure how it works at a state school but housing and meal plans are not usually included in tuition as far as I know.

It's not included, but students are afforded them at highly discounted rates... similar to student pricing on.... ready for this?.... STUDENT TICKETS.

I know I know... mind blown....

Plus the argument was based off of what University offer students besides a basic education, not what is free to them.

Dear Dr. Tom,

Sincerely, the students that make it possible for you to have a school and team in the first place, and that you don't reward.

There are plenty of other schools you could choose to go to. And guess what? They all make you pay a tuition. And in case your wondering, the tuition doesnt pay for much. The football program keeps the school running.

But the tuition helps fund the football program [among other things], which in turns helps fund the school. And I understand there are a lot of things that help fund the football program as well, but you're talking like our money paid to the school doesn't do jack for the athletic department.

And make sure and badger osborne for moving us to the B1G. B/c after all that extra money starts flowing in from the CIC and makes Nebraska one of the best schools in the nation I'm sure you want him to know you're not worried about getting one of the best educations possible but just want a better seat for games.

What does Dr. Tom moving us to the B1G have to do with your argument? In that same context, what does Dr. Tom moving us to the B1G have to do with Landlord's argument?

And we pay tuition to go to school. But we also pay money to get season tickets to football games as well. It's like you assume we get the tickets for free. Albeit, the tickets are cheaper for us than they are for other ticket holders, but they aren't free.

So because you expected a good education, that means that students today don't expect to receive a good education as well? And why should we expect more? Because we are paying a significant amount of money to attend UNL. At universities where total costs of living are roughly the same as UNL's, you see the students in better seats than where ours are, that's just ridiculous, isn't it? How dare they treat the students like they contribute the most [energetically] and at least more than some [money wise] to the university! And finally, I expect the dorm rooms to be decent, does that mean that I should quit school and get a minimum wage job?

Because it wasn't back then [assuming when you were young]? And why are you using the football program if you're talking about the students? And while we're on entitlement, what's with those people [whom aren't students] saying they should get better tickets because they paid more [more money is title you know]? Finally, why are you stigmatizing us [kids and young adults]? There are just as many adults who believe they deserve something just because they are [insert title here] as there are kids/young adults in this country.

As for where the students are seated, I would love it if we are moved to a place where we can be better utilized [a la Camp Randall]. I would also love it if more student seating was added. But right now, it just isn't going to happen, for whatever reasons. I'm glad that I have the opportunity to attend the football games.

As far as tuition helping athletic department, I don't believe that's possible. Tuition goes to school for academics and support of that. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to take tuition and use for athletic department funding.

Moving to the B1G will eventually get the University alot more money from the CIC making the University more prestigious on the academic level. It will help students get a much better education with more highly respected professors, therefore being able to get better and higher paying jobs. I mean seriously, why do kids go to college these days. Is it not about the education anymore??

And as for acting as if the students are the best fans, I can't count how many times on my fingers and toes over the last 10 years I saw their section half empty by the 4th quarter. Just because you're a student doesn't make you the best fans.

Oh I don't know, I'm pretty sure [a small amount] goes to funding athletics in some way or another. There's loopholes to everything

Maybe at some schools. I'm pretty sure that not only is the NU athletic department self-funded, they endow the university a bit on the side.

I'd have to see statistics first before I jump ship. I'm not saying tuition funnels right into the athletic department. But I'm pretty sure some [like I said earlier, small amount] goes to the athletes in some indirect way.

Dear Dr. Tom,

As far as tuition helping athletic department, I don't believe that's possible. Tuition goes to school for academics and support of that. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to take tuition and use for athletic department funding.

what? have you ever looked at student fees? students get charged for everything. how else would smaller institutions support their teams? i remember how at my alma mater we were always told to go to supporting events because they were free and we should get our money's worth. why would it be illegal? why would you think that?

And as for acting as if the students are the best fans, I can't count how many times on my fingers and toes over the last 10 years I saw their section half empty by the 4th quarter. Just because you're a student doesn't make you the best fans.

Please show me where in this thread somebody claimed that students were the "Best Fans"