Big Ten Trip of a Lifetime - Year 5

The one place I have to eat every time I come up to Nebraska for a game is Tastee Inn...

I swear they must put crack in the onion chips and dip. Best to go there Sunday after a long night of day of drinking on Saturday. It's my post game (and wedding) tradition!

The one place I have to eat every time I come up to Nebraska for a game is Tastee Inn...

I swear they must put crack in the onion chips and dip. Best to go there Sunday after a long night of day of drinking on Saturday. It's my post game (and wedding) tradition!

This place looks horrible from the outside. I've never eaten there. Just the way it looks scares me away. Don't they serve loose meat sandwiches, basically sloppy joes? Or am I thinking of a different restaurant?

Is it clean in there? From the outside it looks pretty bad.

This place looks horrible from the outside. I've never eaten there. Just the way it looks scares me away. Don't they serve loose meat sandwiches, basically sloppy joes? Or am I thinking of a different restaurant?

You're right there.. It does look like trash.. I have never been inside of it, but I can tell you a Tastee is delicious... but it definitely looks like one of those places you never want to go.

You're right there.. It does look like trash.. I have never been inside of it, but I can tell you a Tastee is delicious... but it definitely looks like one of those places you never want to go.

The driveway is backwards, too.

Is there an "official beer" of Nebraska that isn't a Budweiser or Miller / Coors product?

Lazlo's in Lincoln (in the Hay Market) has some really good brews. Not official beer...but good stuff. Micro brew. Thirdstone Brown is one of my favs. Other than micro brews, I don't think there is any major beer maker in NE.

NE used to have Falstaff! Long gone tho........

Soaring Wings winery is good....and in Springfield, not too far from Gretna. Good tour for a great price.

Don't listen to the Runza haters....they are good man. If you want to be guiltless, get a cheese Runza and dip it in their homemade ranch with a side of large fries! I only eat fast food once or twice a year...and that's what I get.

HGoG, any relation to the BBQ team that appeared on TLC?

There is only one must stop place for food & it is in Bellevue, NE. Go to Stella's. The address is 106 Galvin Rd South. They have the best burgers in Nebraska. If you have a big appetite order the "The Stellanator" it is six hamburger patties, six fried eggs, 12 pieces of bacon, six slices of cheese, fried onions, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, jalapenos and peanut butter & there is also a side of fries. I think if you finish it it is free otherwise its like $25. I'm 6'5" 290lbs & I eat a double with onion rings & I walk out in a food coma.

3191.jpg

Is there an "official beer" of Nebraska that isn't a Budweiser or Miller / Coors product?

It's brewed at a place called Thunderhead in Kearney, NE (central part of the state) but I've never seen it anywhere else. If there's a Husker beer, it's gotta be this:

5457030396_346e9a9cea.jpg

Both of their beers are on tap at The Watering Hole...

Im from gretna and there is nothing there to see. Ever since the ice cream shop turned into a used car dealership there is no good food in town. Well there is a runza, but im not getting into that. Like knapplc said i would suggest taking a right out of the outlet mall and a left at the first set of lights and taking hwy 6 all the way. Speed limit is only 5mph slower and no traffic jams. Be careful and dont speed in ashland though, Princess Stephanie and her crew of officiers love handing out tickets.