1983 Husker trivia question

dvdcrr

i'm going out on a limb here, but minnesota. the minnesota coached by hayden fox?

Hayden coached against Nebraska State. I don't think he ever coached against Nebraska before he went to the pros.

Also, he coached Minnesota State, not Minnesota.

correct, but did you ever notice that when they would show actual game footage that the team playing was actually the gophers.

Is that Devaney on the color commentary? Great coach. But, color commentator? Not so much.

I think that was a Minnesota crew on that video. Lyell Bremser called it for Nebraska's radio network.

No, that was Bob Devaney.

Who was doing the play-by-play? That had to be the TV broadcast, correct?

Edit - did some checking, and according to a guy commenting on YouTube (I know) this was the KETV-7 Omaha broadcast of the game. The play-by-play guy was Bob Cullinan.

When it became official that NU had joined the Big 10, the local radio hacks here in the Twin Cities took a break from whining about the Vikings to do a whole hour reflecting on that '83 NU / UM game. It was the most lopsided blowout ever for Minnesota, and there have been a lot of blowouts. I rather enjoyed their recap.

The funny thing is how they kept saying that Minneota leads the series, which is true... but the Gophers haven't beat the Huskers since, what, 1960?

Want another random trivial question?

This one is fairly recent (and I thought fairly easy to get -- so I won't be surprised if someone gets it right away). Who was the opponent for the largest home Husker game? :)

Louisiana-Lafayette?

Haha yes. Can't believe how many people guess Texas/USC/Va Tech/Oklahoma. But since you are in band... should have been even easier.

Want another random trivial question?

This one is fairly recent (and I thought fairly easy to get -- so I won't be surprised if someone gets it right away). Who was the opponent for the largest home Husker game? :)

Louisiana-Lafayette?

Haha yes. Can't believe how many people guess Texas/USC/Va Tech/Oklahoma. But since you are in band... should have been even easier.

I was still in high school in '09, actually. I just remember being pissed off that whole day because I had to miss the game to go to a band competition. =P

Here's another Husker trivia question for you (hint: 1983): What's the biggest change in point differential in one quarter? (e.g., at the beginning of the qtr we were down by 2 pts, and at the end we were ahead by XX points.)

Here's another Husker trivia question for you (hint: 1983): What's the biggest change in point differential in one quarter? (e.g., at the beginning of the qtr we were down by 2 pts, and at the end we were ahead by XX points.)

The only thing that would come to mind is the 48 point 3rd quarter against sCUm. Turned a 14-12 hafltime lead into a 62-19 game over in a span of fifteen minutes.

you can check it, but i think nebraska was actually up by 2-points and they scored 48 points in the third quarter.

you can check it, but i think nebraska was actually up by 2-points and they scored 48 points in the third quarter.

Right you are sir, up by two. Not down by two.

Extra Credit. How many plays did it take Nu to score those seven TD's. Double bonus name the kicker who missed a PAT to prevent NU from tying Davidson and Houston for the most points in a quarter.

Extra Credit. How many plays did it take Nu to score those seven TD's. Double bonus name the kicker who missed a PAT to prevent NU from tying Davidson and Houston for the most points in a quarter.

i won't cheat and look it up but, it either had to be schneider (sp?) or livingston. i'll go with scott livingston. i think schneider started out the season as the main kicker, but then as the season progressed, livingston took over. also, i think schneider was the last straight-on kicker that nebraska had start. the first question is hard, and i will simply guess that it took them only 20 plays to score those 7-touchdowns. as i remember they came in rapid-fire succession.

• Fire 1

i won't cheat and look it up but, it either had to be schneider (sp?) or livingston. i'll go with scott livingston. i think schneider started out the season as the main kicker, but then as the season progressed, livingston took over. also, i think schneider was the last straight-on kicker that nebraska had start. the first question is hard, and i will simply guess that it took them only 20 plays to score those 7-touchdowns. as i remember they came in rapid-fire succession.

Correctomundo on Scott Livingston. As for the points, they came in 18 plays, close guess though. I had to look that one up, also found out the first 28 came in a time of 1:24 in NU possession.