Travel & Leisure Magazine - Best College Football Stadiums List

knapplc

Wow. I can't believe Neyland or Beaver stadium didn't make the list! Also, from what I've heard, Michigan's stadium is just a big bowl, where no sound is contained and where if you sit at the nosebleeds your so horizontally far away from the field that you can't see a thing! Can't believe Ohio Stadium is not above it, let alone the top 5! Also HOW DO YOU NOT PUT THE ROSE BOWL IN THE TOP FIVE?!?!

Also something weird about this list. Did anyone notice, Michigan is ranked both 1st and 10th? Odd...

Definitely agree with the first paragraph.

I don't think Michigan is ranked #1. I think photo/page 1 is just the intro and they chose to use Michigan Stadium as the photo. ND is #1. Nebraska is #6. Michigan is #9. Right?

Having Penn in there is just weird. There are plenty of old stadiums. It's not like MLB where there's only Wrigley and Fenway left.

There is certainly something suspect here...for Ohio Stadium, the guy picked a random sports bar in Columbus and named it the after game hangout--I have been there several times and think it is more of a Steelers' fan hangout than anything Buckeye. If there is an after game hangout, it is either the Varsity Club or the Out-R-In, not some random bar in a neighborhood outside campus.

Platypuses are the only mammal to have venom.

Platypi.

Grammar is important. Proper grammar on a message board is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your Uncle jack off a horse.

(yes, I know its not grammar, its punctuation in the previous proof. I'm not serious)

Platypi.

Grammar is important. Proper grammar on a message board is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your Uncle jack off a horse.

(yes, I know its not grammar, its punctuation in the previous proof. I'm not serious)

Yet platypi is not the universally accepted plural for platypus. In fact, the scientific community itself cannot agree on which should be used, platypuses or platypi. Platypi is etymologically incorrect; platypodes is more technically correct, but usage is rare to the point of absurdity. "Platypuses" is correct, and is the most commonly used plural. That's why I chose it.

I learn more on this board then I did in college. The sad part is I actually do mean that...man I could have saved a lot of money.

There's an Ivy-League school's worth of knowledge just waiting for you in your local library. It's interesting the access we have to knowledge. Where you college education gets you a leg up on the guy who just reads at the Library is instruction into how to apply that knowledge. You can know tons of facts, but without the ability to apply it in a practical setting... it's just a bunch of facts. If Jeopardy calls then you'd be golden.

6. Bronco Stadium - home of the Smurf Turf. In no way, shape or form does this field belong ahead of Memorial Stadium. This is a flavor-of-the-month choice. Yuck.

bronco stadium may not deserve to be ahead of memorial, but i would much rather go to boise than lincoln, and i really do like lincoln a lot.

Serious? What does Boise have? They have one mountain range, and a constant inversion so the air quality is comparable to sticking your head in a septic tank. Not sure what else is there... A few rivers? Boise is awful..

Boise is always ranked in the top 5 small cites to live in the the United States -- often #1. Great mountain biking, hiking, cross country skiing, excellent fly fishing within a short drive, some great rock climbing venues, world class kayaking very close, national forest very close, great weather (no humidity, few bugs, 4 seasons all mild --- and inversions are very rare). The town is clean, low crime, nice compliment of restaurants and culture for its size. No... Boise is a great place to live.

• Fire 2

I don't know about the rankings, but I do have a problem with their math--last time I checked, 3.2 million is not equal to or more than 2 * 1.8 million.

We're right now at 1.797 million according to Google's public data tracker. And it took me all of ten seconds to check that.

And people wonder why periodicals are dying off...

Serious? What does Boise have? They have one mountain range, and a constant inversion so the air quality is comparable to sticking your head in a septic tank. Not sure what else is there... A few rivers? Boise is awful..

One mountain range and a few rivers > what Lincoln offers.

Platypi.

"Its" is a gender-neutral third-person possessive pronoun. "It's" is the contraction for the phrase "it is".

6. Bronco Stadium - home of the Smurf Turf. In no way, shape or form does this field belong ahead of Memorial Stadium. This is a flavor-of-the-month choice. Yuck.

bronco stadium may not deserve to be ahead of memorial, but i would much rather go to boise than lincoln, and i really do like lincoln a lot.

Boise is always ranked in the top 5 small cites to live in the the United States -- often #1. Great mountain biking, hiking, cross country skiing, excellent fly fishing within a short drive, some great rock climbing venues, world class kayaking very close, national forest very close, great weather (no humidity, few bugs, 4 seasons all mild --- and inversions are very rare). The town is clean, low crime, nice compliment of restaurants and culture for its size. No... Boise is a great place to live.

Mild seasons? Odd statement... Ever been there?

Head that way in July and August and let me know how mild it is.

I'll concede that Boise is better than Lincoln, and a few other cities in the area, like Salt Lake City. But when looking around the PNW as a whole, Missoula? Spokane? Boise isn't really comparable. It is very good for technological entrepreneurs though. Lotta opportunities in the area.

"Its" is a gender-neutral third-person possessive pronoun. "It's" is the contraction for the phrase "it is".

For the record, I did notice this, but that error is made so often I rarely ever correct it. It's the its/it's version of they're/their/there.

Here's your Grammar Cop badge, Hammerhead.

grammarcop.jpg

For the record, I did notice this, but that error is made so often I rarely ever correct it. It's the its/it's version of they're/their/there.

Here's your Grammar Cop badge, Hammerhead.

grammarcop.jpg

I shall wear it with honor.

paul-blart202.jpg