Traditional Jerseys VS Unique Alternates

ESPY

Traditional VS Unique Alternates  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The helmet should never change, but small changes to the jersey and/or pants is fine. I loved the red socks of the Crouch era. Seems everyone is in black socks & black shoes these days.

I agree the helmet should remain just the way it is. However, I wouldn't mind seeing the uni's changed up once in awhile for big games.

I voted traditional only, because I didn't like the alternatives. I don't want choice #2 at all. The Oregon approach is too much, and I like our uniforms the way they are too much to change over and over and over. But once per year, #3, is too much, too. Once every few years, or for a big game, I wouldn't mind seeing something different. I'm not so hide-bound that I don't EVER want to see something different. Just not all that often.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

That's how I voted. Alternate jerseys need to be saved for something truly special.

I wanted to vote that we steal an opposing teams uniform colors for one game a season but sadly the option is not there...

RackMultipart.459.0_crop_340x234.jpg?1260329208

HNZDROTZDVKDYFM.20110918044211.JPG

Funny how other sports teams at NU are incorporating black into their uniforms and nobody has said a word about it...

I've yet to acknowledge the existence of "other sports teams at NU", so forgive my ignorance.

I liked the 1962 uniform we opened up with in 09'...problem is there are not a whole lot of choices to throwback to.

Really wouldn't mind seeing an alt with a black helmet, either matte or carbon. One alternate a year that the seniors get to vote on would be something nice for them.

Baseball has used black, the men's basketball team has wore all black unis, and our helmets used to have black numbers on them, and we had black shoes and socks, so black is our third color, regardless of what others say.

Our unis have changed before, I get tired of all the whining and crying about the colors and changes.

• Fire 1

I liked the 1962 uniform we opened up with in 09'...problem is there are not a whole lot of choices to throwback to.

Really wouldn't mind seeing an alt with a black helmet, either matte or carbon. One alternate a year that the seniors get to vote on would be something nice for them.

Doing a carbon fiber look with the helmets would look SWEET! I'd honestly like to see that.

Then again, it's probably something Oregon already did.

Doing a carbon fiber look with the helmets would look SWEET! I'd honestly like to see that.

What hasn't Oregon already done, besides have the same jersey for more than a game?

Baseball has used black, the men's basketball team has wore all black unis, and our helmets used to have black numbers on them, and we had black shoes and socks, so black is our third color, regardless of what others say.

Our unis have changed before, I get tired of all the whining and crying about the colors and changes.

:thumbs I second this comment!

The helmet should never change, but small changes to the jersey and/or pants is fine. I loved the red socks of the Crouch era. Seems everyone is in black socks & black shoes these days.

I agree the helmet should remain just the way it is. However, I wouldn't mind seeing the uni's changed up once in awhile for big games.

I like what Stanford does. They don't change their helmets at all, but they do pull out all black unis once or twice a year.

SPO.093010.FBBlackout.jpg

I believe as recently as last weekend. I know they had a carbon fiber helmet on Gameday Saturday - might have been Marylands though.