ESPN's B1G blog is awful

http://espn.go.com/b...st-running-back

I am dumbfounded by Bennett's logic on this one: Ball and Burkhead have the same amount of carries, but because Ball would have more carries if he were in the game for 4 quarters he is the better running back. Umm.. Burkhead would have more carries if Martinez pitched the ball more. Ball is running behind the best line in the country, could you imagine what Burkhead would do with that line?

Wisconsin is also becoming my least favorite team.. I like the team itself, but the fans that post to national blogs certainly act like they're new to big boy football league.

Well to be fair Ball has more yards per carry and many more TD's and a stronger career than Rex. Also I'd hardly call Bennet a Wisconsin fan so why base your opinion of fan off of him. He's a Louisville grad and lives there

You can't win everything in the media...not everyone is going to love you, don't expect that. People are going to have different opinions and that doesn't mean they're wrong...Ball isn't a crazy pick, he has the stats to back it up.

Rex plays with more heart. Ball is more athletic. I'd take Rex. The big thing to consider is this:

Ron Dayne

Anthony Davis

P.J. Hill

John Clay

Montee Ball

Hell Brian Calhoun would probably be the least noticeable on that list and yet had the best individual season in the 2000s.

When will this spring of Heisman hopeful runningbacks dry up for Wisconsin?

You don't think this has anything to do with the fact that there are two writers and two candidates for best running back?

Exactly.

Think back to high school English class. You and a classmate are given a specific debatable topic, and one of you is assigned to argue a certain viewpoint while your classmate argues the counter-point. It's the professional equivalent of that.

Rex plays with more heart. Ball is more athletic. I'd take Rex. The big thing to consider is this:

Ron Dayne

Anthony Davis

P.J. Hill

John Clay

Montee Ball

Hell Brian Calhoun would probably be the least noticeable on that list and yet had the best individual season in the 2000s.

I wouldn't call it a spring of heisman running backs. Yoshi could have a 1000 yards with that oline.

Ron Dayne

Anthony Davis

P.J. Hill

John Clay

Montee Ball

Hopefully never. :D

You don't think this has anything to do with the fact that there are two writers and two candidates for best running back?

Exactly.

Think back to high school English class. You and a classmate are given a specific debatable topic, and one of you is assigned to argue a certain viewpoint while your classmate argues the counter-point. It's the professional equivalent of that.

Get out of my head, good sir. I was specifically thinking back to a debate I had to do in high school when I posted that. I had to do the anti side of legalizing pot. My opponent was one of the biggest dealers in our school. :wacko:

i'm just going to say generally that i don't like the B1G blog as much. I miss ubben, he put a lot of work into it and did a lot more interesting pieces each week. the B1G blog doesn't have as many of the recurring pieces with every team. there are two of them, we should be inundated with posts.

In general, ESPN represents everything that is wrong with college football (and most sports, for that matter). I made a conscious decision to largely ignore them when they were blasting the Huskers from every conceivable angle in the mid-90s. I don't watch Sportscenter, I don't watch any of their other programming, I even stopped listening to Mike & Mike a year or so ago.

If you don't like what ESPN produces, don't consume their products. Don't consume their news, don't read their blogs, don't buy their dumb magazine, etc.

I'm pretty darned well informed about college football and this team in particular, and I almost never use ESPN for just about anything. They're the middle-man. Cut out the middle-man and you'll be surprised how much you still get out of the sports you love.

In general, ESPN represents everything that is wrong with college football (and most sports, for that matter). I made a conscious decision to largely ignore them when they were blasting the Huskers from every conceivable angle in the mid-90s. I don't watch Sportscenter, I don't watch any of their other programming, I even stopped listening to Mike & Mike a year or so ago.

If you don't like what ESPN produces, don't consume their products. Don't consume their news, don't read their blogs, don't buy their dumb magazine, etc.

I'm pretty darned well informed about college football and this team in particular, and I almost never use ESPN for just about anything. They're the middle-man. Cut out the middle-man and you'll be surprised how much you still get out of the sports you love.

I agree for the most part, but ESPN is still better than the garbage that is Fox news.

Yahoo sports is what I pay attention too, usually.

those two statements probably necessarily follow each other.

espn does represent everything that is wrong with sports, and they at fault for most of it. they used to want to present sports, now they want to own sports.

• Fire 1