Nick Saban to the media...

Just caught the tail end of college football live and saw Nick Saban reaming media memebers for not asking about the next game. Instead, playing mizzou and not playing certain rivals every year was brought up two days in a row. Saban dropped a sh*t bomb yesterday while addressing the subject.

I say amen.

I am so tired of listening to conference realignment speculation. That's all it is...speculation.

Sure glad we have TO.

haha I really like Saban. He's a lot of the same type of guy that Pelini is. The difference is, he and Bo could do the exact same thing and the resulting views from others would be polar opposites: People would laugh and back up Saban, but if Pelini goes after a pesky reporter, he's a mad man.

Same thing during last season. Bo got in Taylor's face during the A&M game and is considered a lunatic (he didn't lay a hand... only a finger in his chest). Saban got pissed at AJ McCarron during his mop-up duty during a game, went ballistic on the kid, and spanked him. I never heard a word said about it... :dunno This type of thing puzzles me... Oh well...

A lot of message board posters ream the media for the questions they ask - and sometimes, I'm one of those people. But I generally criticize the manner in which the question is asked and not the question itself.

Regardless, these kinds of questions aren't bad questions. People want to know what one of the premier college football coaches thinks about realignment. Hell, I want to know what Saban thinks about conference realignment.

Maybe it wasn't the right medium for asking the questions, but there isn't a lot of opportunity outside of press conferences for the media. Saban is right...but he's also wrong.

haha I really like Saban. He's a lot of the same type of guy that Pelini is. The difference is, he and Bo could do the exact same thing and the resulting views from others would be polar opposites: People would laugh and back up Saban, but if Pelini goes after a pesky reporter, he's a mad man.

Same thing during last season. Bo got in Taylor's face during the A&M game and is considered a lunatic (he didn't lay a hand... only a finger in his chest). Saban got pissed at AJ McCarron during his mop-up duty during a game, went ballistic on the kid, and spanked him. I never heard a word said about it... :dunno This type of thing puzzles me... Oh well...

That's bc Saban has 2 natl. championships. When Bo wins one, people will get off his back.

That's bc Saban has 2 natl. championships. When Bo wins one, people will get off his back.

i disagree, its because for the first couple of years Bo was a head coach he was horrible with the media, and an extremely fired up guy all the time (which is not a bad quality imo) while saban has been pretty decent with the media. Bo started a flame with his attitude and kept feeding it with his demeanor and the way he answered questions, saban has done nothing but lied about staying at the places he is at (i.e. he wasnt going to leave lsu or miami)

Possibly when Bo, if Bo wins an important game on a regular basis. Wins two NC at two different programs with in two years of arrival, he might get the same consideration.

Winning cures all evils, and evil question.

I agree Saban is a lot like Pelini, but he has earned the right to be like he is. I don't like it any better when he does it.

A lot of message board posters ream the media for the questions they ask - and sometimes, I'm one of those people. But I generally criticize the manner in which the question is asked and not the question itself.

Regardless, these kinds of questions aren't bad questions. People want to know what one of the premier college football coaches thinks about realignment. Hell, I want to know what Saban thinks about conference realignment.

Maybe it wasn't the right medium for asking the questions, but there isn't a lot of opportunity outside of press conferences for the media. Saban is right...but he's also wrong.

I don't have a problem at all with the media doing their job at all. My point is that no one knows what's going one until things are actually confirmed and it's tiresome answering questions that hold no weight at all. I'm not asking the media to stop asking conference realignment questions, just wait until we know what's actually taking place. What's the point of asking Saban "what do you think about playing Missouri?"...when in reality he has no idea if he will ever play against them.

I am on an email chain with a bunch of Kansas, KState, and Nebraska friends and conference realignment SPECULATION dominates the conversation daily. I am just tired of all the "I hear this school is going to this conference or this conference says they are expanding to 16 teams."

Not a big deal at all. Maybe I'm just whining....but that's what you do on message boards, right? Ha!

Just caught the tail end of college football live and saw Nick Saban reaming media memebers for not asking about the next game. Instead, playing mizzou and not playing certain rivals every year was brought up two days in a row. Saban dropped an sh*t bomb yesterday while addressing the subject.

I say amen.

I am so tired of listening to conference realignment speculation. That's all it is...speculation.

Sure glad we have TO.

Whether Saban likes it or not, the conference re-alignment discussion is here to stay, especially this year. I don't care that he's won 2 national titles. Why the heck should that deter any reporter from asking him about arguably the biggest issue in college football? Saban gets paid upwards of $4 million per year. I think the least he can do is answer some questions about something that undoubtedly will impact his football schedule.

I'd say this to Bo, so I'll say this Saban - Get off your high horse and answer some questions!

Just caught the tail end of college football live and saw Nick Saban reaming media memebers for not asking about the next game. Instead, playing mizzou and not playing certain rivals every year was brought up two days in a row. Saban dropped an sh*t bomb yesterday while addressing the subject.

I say amen.

Sure glad we have TO.

Whether Saban likes it or not, the conference re-alignment discussion is here to stay, especially this year. I don't care that he's won 2 national titles. Why the heck should that deter any reporter from asking him about arguably the biggest issue in college football? Saban gets paid upwards of $4 million per year. I think the least he can do is answer some questions about something that undoubtedly will impact his football schedule.

I'd say this to Bo, so I'll say this Saban - Get off your high horse and answer some questions!

Why would Saban/Bo answer questions about playing Missouri, Big East or ACC teams (all been specualted about joining B1G or SEC), when know one knows if they will actually ever play any of these teams. Give it a rest until the moves are confirmed...then ask the hell out of it.

There is no point. I'm annoyed with it. If you aren't, enjoy those conversations about every team moving to a new conference and when it's all finally settled, realize you knew nothing.

i disagree, its because for the first couple of years Bo was a head coach he was horrible with the media, and an extremely fired up guy all the time (which is not a bad quality imo) while saban has been pretty decent with the media. Bo started a flame with his attitude and kept feeding it with his demeanor and the way he answered questions, saban has done nothing but lied about staying at the places he is at (i.e. he wasnt going to leave lsu or miami)

There are half a dozen coaches who act like Bo, or worse, and nobody cares because they have rings. If bo had won the last 2 Big 12 CCG's, nobody would care.

I don't have a problem at all with the media doing their job at all. My point is that no one knows what's going one until things are actually confirmed and it's tiresome answering questions that hold no wait at all. I'm not asking the media to stop asking conference realignment questions, just wait until we know what's actually taking place. What's the point of asking Saban "what do you think about playing Missouri?"...when in reality he has no idea if he will ever play against them.

I am on an email chain with a bunch of Kansas, KState, and Nebraska friends and conference realignment SPECULATION dominates the conversation daily. I am just tired of all the "I hear this school is going to this conference or this conference says they are expanding to 16 teams."

Not a big deal at all. Maybe I'm just whining....but that's what you do on message boards, right? Ha!

I agree with you. My point is that instead of getting frustrated about it, just put on your happy hat and say "I'm not going to be answering any questions about conference realignment at this time." Boom, settled, done.

If I were in Saban's shoes, I'd probably be thinking the exact same thing - what do I care? I've got enough to worry about other than what team might be added to the conference next year or in future years.

I don't have a problem at all with the media doing their job at all. My point is that no one knows what's going one until things are actually confirmed and it's tiresome answering questions that hold no wait at all. I'm not asking the media to stop asking conference realignment questions, just wait until we know what's actually taking place. What's the point of asking Saban "what do you think about playing Missouri?"...when in reality he has no idea if he will ever play against them.

I agree with you. My point is that instead of getting frustrated about it, just put on your happy hat and say "I'm not going to be answering any questions about conference realignment at this time." Boom, settled, done.

If I were in Saban's shoes, I'd probably be thinking the exact same thing - what do I care? I've got enough to worry about other than what team might be added to the conference next year or in future years.

Right on! That's all I want to see from these coaches too. There's a way to handle questions from the media, and this is it. Saban's use of explitives is simply unnecessary and childish.

Right on! That's all I want to see from these coaches too. There's a way to handle questions from the media, and this is it. Saban's use of explitives is simply unnecessary and childish.

If that was possible, I'm sure Saban would have done it. In the interview Saban said for three straight days all he got while in TV/radio/school interviews were questions about playing Mizzou and what not. Not a single question was asked about the opponent they are playing tomorrow. I can understand his frustration.

We are all pretty much on the same page.