Joe Ganz passing stats, hard to believe

Those were good numbers for Joe in 2008 but it sure didn't translate to very much for the Huskers.

9-4 overall, 5-3 in conference.

Were never ranked the whole year.

Losses to Mizzou, TT, OU, & Va Tech

Squeeker wins against powerhouses Baylor, KU, CU, & Clemson.

I'll take a power running game over that anyday and twice on Saturdays.

Those were good numbers for Joe in 2008 but it sure didn't translate to very much for the Huskers.

9-4 overall, 5-3 in conference.

Were never ranked the whole year.

Losses to Mizzou, TT, OU, & Va Tech

Squeeker wins against powerhouses Baylor, KU, CU, & Clemson.

I'll take a power running game over that anyday and twice on Saturdays.

Me too.

Joe was great but a LOT of those numbers were garbage time. Oklahoma & Missouri stomped Ganz and our offense into a mudhole (until garbage time).

Sure would have liked seeing Ganz for one more year, with Roy Helu behind him and a Pelini defense that didn't require the offense to dig the team out of a 62 point hole.

Look at the games we barely lost in 2009, and tell me having Joe Ganz instead of Zac Lee doesn't put the Huskers at 12 - 1, in the thick of the BCS and singing the praises of Shawn Watson.

Sure would have liked seeing Ganz for one more year, with Roy Helu behind him and a Pelini defense that didn't require the offense to dig the team out of a 62 point hole.

Look at the games we barely lost in 2009, and tell me having Joe Ganz instead of Zac Lee doesn't put the Huskers at 12 - 1, in the thick of the BCS and singing the praises of Shawn Watson.

Zac Lee wasn't really the problem if you ask me. It was our scrap job of an offensive line and receivers. Zac sucked it up at times, but he was hurt and was still able to get the ball around at a mediocre level; having Joe would have helped, but we had some HUGE problems that weren't named Zac Lee that Joe Ganz couldn't have fixed.

Zac Lee wasn't really the problem if you ask me. It was our scrap job of an offensive line and receivers. Zac sucked it up at times, but he was hurt and was still able to get the ball around at a mediocre level; having Joe would have helped, but we had some HUGE problems that weren't named Zac Lee that Joe Ganz couldn't have fixed.

Ganz would have been fighting an uphill battle, due to issues beyond his control, but I concur with Guy that we'd have ended up with a better record and Watson may have lasted another year.

I completely disagree with this. I think if we have Ganz on our team in 09, we're going to the national championship game. Zac Lee is a nice guy, but he was a horrid QB.

I completely disagree with this. I think if we have Ganz on our team in 09, we're going to the national championship game. Zac Lee is a nice guy, but he was a horrid QB.

He was pretty darn impressive when healthy; who knows how good of a quarterback he actually would have been. If we have Ganz in '09, who does he throw to, since none of our receivers could ever seem to get open? How many costly sacks does he have, since he had a tendency to take bad sacks, and our offensive line was the worst it's been in years.