West Viriginia heading to Big 12

Make more sense to add New Mexico, New Mexico State, and Colorado State. Expand into new areas. At least have a sense of geography. I know those teams aren't very good but they are limited geograhically. Unless you want Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota. hell even see if La Tech wants an invite and move into SEC territory.

Why? With the exception of Colorado State (Denver), no TV sets, and no national draw among those schools.

If the Big XII were smart, Houston and BYU would get an invite, along with CSU/AirForce and Nevada. You can then retain the Houston and Denver TV markets, add SLC and Vegas (nothing great, but will mitigate some of the damage from losing St. Louis and KC), add a national presence in BYU (again, not nearly as good as the one lost when Nebraska left, but hey--better than nothing), and you get your title game and a contiguous footprint again.

Sure, being the Mountain Time Zone sucks, but a Big XII Conference TV network could help mitigate that damage and ensure that the smaller schools (Houston, TCU, CSU/AirForce) have a chance to build and maintain exposure, which will help the conference as a whole.

Not so fast my friend.

Source: WVU's move to Big 12 on hold

http://espn.go.com/c...old-source-says

Apparently a Mountain Dew truck overturned and spilled its High Fructose goodness all over the two-lane road going into the state, thus postponing all events in West Virginia as a day of mourning will commence.

• Fire 1
Apparently a Mountain Dew truck overturned and spilled its High Fructose goodness all over the two-lane road going into the state, thus postponing all events in West Virginia as a day of mourning will commence.

:laughpound

I wonder how much the Big 12's new revenue sharing model plays into this. Texas and probably OU too are not going to want to split the pot up more with teams that don't really bring much to the table.

Well, it looks like the holdup is because the politicians have intervened on behalf of Louisville, and the Big XII is only choosing one of the two to partner with.

And here I was, thinking that Chucky may have been a step up from Dan Beebe...but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, was I wrong.

I don't get it. Take both. You have a chance to blow up the Big East and take two BCS schools. You get back to a conference title game and earn credibility. But noooooo....heaven forbid Texas or Oklahoma have to play an extra game on their way to the title. There's a reason the SEC schools get title game bids with one and two losses....credibility. Short sighted fools.

I think it all politics. They are trying to ensure Missouri has to pay an exit fee. If they get these new team they could say they were not consulted, nor did they agree with the change, therefore they are leaving. As long as Missouri holds out the Big 12 will hold out. Right now the ball is is MU court as they are the last to sell their soul to the conference.

The Big 12 Website released a statement about WVU to the Big 12. At the end they list the expected member and it leave Missouri off the list. This comes after the SEC mistakenly released their website adding Missouri.

Beginning with the 2012-13 season it is expected that the Big 12 Conference will be comprised of 10 Universities – Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech and West Virginia.

Article - http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205323383&DB_OEM_ID=10410