Let's all start practicing this now

JTrain

Yuck, forced rivalry crap again. It's the Colorado talk all over again. It won't be difficult for me to root for them vs MSU. I honestly don't feel one way or the other about their program.

Except the Nebraska Iowa rivalry is more natural.. Iowa has actually been relevant for awhile.. Whether you feel they suck or not isn't the thing. No where close to Colorado here.

So Colorado wasn't relevant when they were consistently a top program in the 1990's or when they were beating us in the early 2000's?

How is it more natural? Besides the Omaha/Council Bluffs folks, I think the majority of our fans don't really care about Iowa.

Honestly, I have never had a problem with Iowa.

Rivalries are formed over years of competition, which is something we haven't really had with any Big Ten team. How can we declare anyone as our rival right now? It makes no sense to me for our fans to point their fingers at a team and declare how much they hate that team, despite the fact we haven't even played them yet in our new conference.

You want it to be natural? Then stop forcing it. Let these rivalries form on their own.

• Fire 1

Yuck, forced rivalry crap again. It's the Colorado talk all over again. It won't be difficult for me to root for them vs MSU. I honestly don't feel one way or the other about their program.

Except the Nebraska Iowa rivalry is more natural.. Iowa has actually been relevant for awhile.. Whether you feel they suck or not isn't the thing. No where close to Colorado here.

So Colorado wasn't relevant when they were consistently a top program in the 1990's or when they were beating us in the early 2000's?

How is it more natural? Besides the Omaha/Council Bluffs folks, I think the majority of our fans don't really care about Iowa.

Rivalries are formed over years of competition, which is something we haven't really had with any Big Ten team. How can we declare anyone as our rival right now? It makes no sense to me for our fans to point their fingers at a team and declare how much they hate that team, despite the fact we haven't even played them yet in our new conference.

You want it to be natural? Then stop forcing it. Let these rivalries form on their own.

Colorado was a vicious threat for years and even got a NC. Some bad hires (Callahan anybody?) can wreck anybody's program.

GBR!!

Who else would you people like to have a trophy game with? Every team in the B1G has one or two trophy games, its a tradition with them. Don't say UW or OSU because we don't play them every year, so that wouldn't work. It's just a trophy game, not a rivalry game (yet), get over it.

And just for the record, not every rivalry is based on mutual respect like Oklahoma. See OSU/UM. I HATED Colorado, so in my mind, they were a rival because I wanted to beat their ass every single year. Same with Missouri. Oklahoma was not a rival in the Big 12, no matter how much you don't want to admit it, it's true.

Colorado was a vicious threat for years and even got a NC. Some bad hires (Callahan anybody?) can wreck anybody's program.

GBR!!

Funny how crappy they have gotten, still played us tough though. Just like Missouri always did.