Lauren Cook Arrested

10/11 just led off the news with this story. Apparently Lauren had 6 tickets, and lost enough points to lose her license. Had to complete the driving class by the 3rd, of OCTOBER.

10/11 just led off the news with this story. Apparently Lauren had 6 tickets, and lost enough points to lose her license. Had to complete the driving class by the 3rd, of OCTOBER.

Maybe I'm just being judgmental, but...

With hearing all parts of the story, history of tickets(sounds like mostly speeding) and skipping the required class, panicking and leaving, she just comes off as the typical spoiled rich girl. All that kinda stuff with who her daddy is, and the higher profile position she is in, makes it very hard for me to feel any sympathy for her. And hell, how the hell do you hit a stationary object anyway. She is looking at some possible prison time, and all sorts of other bad things that come with getting a FELONY conviction. Maybe that will make her enter the real world.

• Fire 1

With hearing all parts of the story, history of tickets(sounds like mostly speeding) and skipping the required class, panicking and leaving, she just comes off as the typical spoiled rich girl. All that kinda stuff with who her daddy is, and the higher profile position she is in, makes it very hard for me to feel any sympathy for her. And hell, how the hell do you hit a stationary object anyway. She is looking at some possible prison time, and all sorts of other bad things that come with getting a FELONY conviction. Maybe that will make her enter the real world.

Just because she made a series of poor choices doesn't mean she's not living in the "real world." She's also made some outstanding choices in her life. Where does that put the real world theory?

I've been arrested, handcuffed, and taken to jail. I'm neither rich nor spoiled; I'm just a pretty regular guy that, one time, made a really poor choice. Knew better, too. Was raised right by good parents. Did it anyway. Sometimes you just have a stupid moment.

Lauren doesn't deserve your sympathy, and I'm sure she knows that right now. She got herself into this mess and she's going to have to do the work to get herself out of it. But from what little I know of her, she's the kind of person who will make it right.

Just because she made a series of poor choices doesn't mean she's not living in the "real world." She's also made some outstanding choices in her life. Where does that put the real world theory?

I've been arrested, handcuffed, and taken to jail. I'm neither rich nor spoiled; I'm just a pretty regular guy that, one time, made a really poor choice. Knew better, too. Was raised right by good parents. Did it anyway. Sometimes you just have a stupid moment.

Lauren doesn't deserve your sympathy, and I'm sure she knows that right now. She got herself into this mess and she's going to have to do the work to get herself out of it. But from what little I know of her, she's the kind of person who will make it right.

Driving in her (I'm sure dad bought it for her) SUV, getting enough tickets to have her license suspended, and skip the required class, then to go out and drive anyway, reeks of either a hell of a sense of entitlement, or absolutely no sense at all. I'm in the camp of entitlement.

Driving in her (I'm sure dad bought it for her) SUV, getting enough tickets to have her license suspended, and skip the required class, then to go out and drive anyway, reeks of either a hell of a sense of entitlement, or absolutely no sense at all. I'm in the camp of entitlement.

Well, I'm not going to tell you you're wrong about entitlement. I don't presume to know what goes on in her head. But I've met her, several times, and she doesn't come across that way.

Well, I'm not going to tell you you're wrong about entitlement. I don't presume to know what goes on in her head. But I've met her, several times, and she doesn't come across that way.

A lot of people can sure come across as really nice people only to later find out they are exactly the opposite. Some people just put on a good show when they are in front of the public or feel they need to impress people. Their true colors come out "behind closed doors."

Now I don't know her at all but if I heard that someone not named Lauren Cook had hit and run a motorcyclist, while driving on a suspended license, also had 6 speeding tickets and skipped the class required from them....I would say that person is pretty stupid. I would also say they have an attitude that says "I can do whatever I want, whenever I want to."

Now if this person had a clean record and then had this hit and run incident, I would probably give them a pass as one of those bone head moments everyone has in life. This just seems a little over the top though.

A lot of people can sure come across as really nice people only to later find out they are exactly the opposite. Some people just put on a good show when they are in front of the public or feel they need to impress people. Their true colors come out "behind closed doors."

Now I don't know her at all but if I heard that someone not named Lauren Cook had hit and run a motorcyclist, while driving on a suspended license, also had 6 speeding tickets and skipped the class required from them....I would say that person is pretty stupid. I would also say they have an attitude that says "I can do whatever I want, whenever I want to."

Now if this person had a clean record and then had this hit and run incident, I would probably give them a pass as one of those bone head moments everyone has in life. This just seems a little over the top though.

Nailed it... Now obviously leaving the scene was a temporary lapse of judgement. But having lapses of judgement seems to be a recurring problem that is anything but temporary. Whether that comes as a result of entitlement or just not using common sense - well, I don't know her personally so I cannot comment. But the whole series of poor decisions just does not look good.

Several articles citing Cooker from his radio show last night saying Lauren won't play this weekend against the Michigan teams, and he's not sure how long she'll be out. Her court date is set for 11/8, so depending on what happens there, she could be back as early as the road trip to Indiana and Purdue.

I wouldn't expect that, however. I get the impression she's going to be out for a while. Regular season, maybe all year. We'll see.

Mueller

/hijack

mmmm.....

/end hijack

+1 yum yum

Anyways, Tara and kayla Banworth were tagged for Minors in Consumption or Possession at the same party down in the Bottoms, they both sat one game,

As for Lauren, this has to a long suspension IMO. Yes, she probably freaked, but she hit TWO people. She wouldn't even had been suspended had she did the Stop Class, or what ever they call the "better driving" program these days. 14th and Alvo Road, I believe are outside or very close to outside the northern city limits. If the tire doesn't blowout, I really wonder would she have called the authorities. Thinking maybe mom/dad got the call first, and then was told to call. Who knows and I am speculating here, but this just seems pretty bad.,

The tire blowout makes me wonder as well. Your speculation about mom/dad was pretty good.

Laurn Cook to sit this weekend's matches.....

John Cook Statement:

“I have made the decision that Lauren Cook will not play in our matches this weekend against Michigan and Michigan State. As the legal system continues to progress, we will make further determination on Lauren’s playing status. Lauren is still a member of our program and will continue to train and practice with our team.”

http://www.1011now.com/home/headlines/Husker_Volleyball_Player_Lauren_Cook_Will_Not_Play_Against_Michigan_and_Michigan_State_133082113.html

Fortunately, the cyclist wasn't hurt, but that doesn't excuse her from what she's done.

A broken leg isn't hurt? The road rash the other rider had was probably pretty nasty too.

I don't want to condemn someone I don't know, but there are a couple troubling things here. One, would she have called if her vehicle had not been disabled? Two, it was her parents vehicle, so you have wonder if they knew she was driving. It's no fair to write it off as kids will be kids when everyone is at the same risk on the road.

Anyway I agree with what you were saying about drivers ed basically being a joke in the US and getting worse. We treat driving as a right when it is a privilege, one that frankly many shouldn't ever have after proving they are incapable of operating a vehicle safely. But, most of us are bound to lifestyles where transportation is vital, so it just keeps getting worse out there with bad and distracted drivers.

I don't honestly remember if I had meant to write "hurt badly" and left the last part off, or if I just misread the article, so I apologize either way.

Regardless, don't think we'll see her playing volleyball for us anytime soon. Lucky if we get her for the Big 10 tourney, let alone the NCAAs, like Knapplc said.

Sad situation for all involved - family, teammates, fans and little lost Lauren.

IMO the most likely scenario: decent lawyer persuades the prosecution to a plea bargain off the felony - pays speeding tickets and hefty fine (daddy's $300,000 salary can absorb a hit), attends class, agrees to community service. Length of suspension is up to Cook, Osbourne, but should be substantial.

(future greetings from SEC country)