Lauren Cook Arrested

Sad situation for all involved - family, teammates, fans and little lost Lauren.

IMO the most likely scenario: decent lawyer persuades the prosecution to a plea bargain off the felony - pays speeding tickets and hefty fine (daddy's $300,000 salary can absorb a hit), attends class, agrees to community service. Length of suspension is up to Cook, Osbourne, but should be substantial.

(future greetings from SEC country)

I see this as the most likely outcome, too. Except there's no "u" in Osborne. :)

Sad situation for all involved - family, teammates, fans and little lost Lauren. IMO the most likely scenario: decent lawyer persuades the prosecution to a plea bargain off the felony - pays speeding tickets and hefty fine (daddy's $300,000 salary can absorb a hit), attends class, agrees to community service. Length of suspension is up to Cook, Osbourne, but should be substantial. (future greetings from SEC country)
I see this as the most likely outcome, too. Except there's no "u" in Osborne. :)

I make that mistake so often, there oughta be a 'u'.

Driving in her (I'm sure dad bought it for her) SUV, getting enough tickets to have her license suspended, and skip the required class, then to go out and drive anyway, reeks of either a hell of a sense of entitlement, or absolutely no sense at all. I'm in the camp of entitlement.

Well, I'm not going to tell you you're wrong about entitlement. I don't presume to know what goes on in her head. But I've met her, several times, and she doesn't come across that way.

Stri, I probably wouldn't be too judgmental of someone that you don't know. Having gone to HS with her, she really isn't that kind of person. Good people make mistakes also.

After that, you have to feel horrible for Lauren.

Couldn't disagree more.

Bully for you.

Having been a "good kid" and then having made many, many boneheaded mistakes (some criminal) in my life, and then turning out to be someone that is, apparently, trustworthy, good and honorable, I may have a different perspective than you. I presume from your response that you have not made such mistakes. I applaud your ability to make proper choices at all times. As a person who certainly cannot claim that, I can empathize with what Lauren is going through, and I feel horrible for her.

• Fire 1

How does everyone view Cliff Harris, the DB from Oregon. He is pretty much in the same boat as Lauren, except the running over of people and from what I have read, everyone thinks this kid is a punk and needs to be suspended forever. To me, Laurens incident is by far worse then what Harris has done and yet people are willing to give her some slack for it. Could this be because of gender? Hope not.

Thats a whole other thing, good point. If her license has been suspended for at least a month, what on earth is she doing driving? As a coach and parent, why is John letting her drive? I know you can't control everything your kids do. But seriously, a whole month? This just looks terrible on both of their parts.

I'm a person who just absolutely HATES stupidity, especially stupidity that you can avoid or control. And they both, especially Lauren, could have avoided or controlled this whole thing. Makes me sick.

tri, I probably wouldn't be too judgmental of someone that you don't know. Having gone to HS with her, she really isn't that kind of person. Good people make mistakes also.

As Fonzi on Happy Days said to his nephew: "You didn't make a mistake! 2+2=3 is a mistake! What you did is wrong!"

Not judging the person, judging the actions, and they were wrong. No one is perfect and we can support the person without overlooking on the misdeed.

I am a little bent out of shape when Daddy said if she was a sorority girl, it wouldn't be a big deal. People being hurt is a BIG DEAL anytime and anyplace. Broken legs don't always mend 100%, and even if they do that's a chunk of time out of somebody's life when they can't do what they want to do or need to do. I'm thinking it would be a big deal to Daddy Cook if two of his players were on that motorcycle, or two of his family members.

tri, I probably wouldn't be too judgmental of someone that you don't know. Having gone to HS with her, she really isn't that kind of person. Good people make mistakes also.

As Fonzi on Happy Days said to his nephew: "You didn't make a mistake! 2+2=3 is a mistake! What you did is wrong!"

Not judging the person, judging the actions, and they were wrong. No one is perfect and we can support the person without overlooking on the misdeed.

I am a little bent out of shape when Daddy said if she was a sorority girl, it wouldn't be a big deal. People being hurt is a BIG DEAL anytime and anyplace. Broken legs don't always mend 100%, and even if they do that's a chunk of time out of somebody's life when they can't do what they want to do or need to do. I'm thinking it would be a big deal to Daddy Cook if two of his players were on that motorcycle, or two of his family members.

My lord, John Cook's sorority quote is being taken so far out of context it is ridiculous. He didn't mean to downplay the injuries or that sorority girls get away with murder, he meant that if his daughter had been a normal college girl in a sorority this story wouldn't have been headline news.

How so many people are grossly misinterpreting his quote is beyond me.

How so many people are grossly misinterpreting his quote is beyond me.

I guess I'm taking the quote at face value, while you are replacing "headline news" for "big deal". I wasn't aware I had to substitute phrases and turns of the word in order NOT to grossly interpet his quote...

...silly me!

I also wonder, as a parent myself, when Lauren's driving troubles would have become enough of an issue for him to take time out and address it as her father, absent of it being "headline news/big deal".