Martinez offsides on Marlowe reverse

I have not looked at the video yet but it would seem to me you guys are probably looking the the yellow line on the screen... You can't go by that.

EDIT: after watching the video it does look like he is over but I can't see the ball placement just the stupid line graphic (which is never 100% spot on) and the ref didn't call it so no big deal

yep - can't tell where the ball is

According to the "official recap," the LOS was the 40. Martinez' foot isn't across the 40, it's on it. In the replay posted above I believe you can even see white (from the line) in front of his toes.

How desperately bored are we all that we're talking about this? Good times. :)

yep - can't tell where the ball is

According to the "official recap," the LOS was the 40. Martinez' foot isn't across the 40, it's on it. In the replay posted above I believe you can even see white (from the line) in front of his toes.

How desperately bored are we all that we're talking about this? Good times. :)

Just waiting for Saturday!!

The best part of the video is at the 4:48 mark, the Rex Fumble/TD play, you can see the 12th and 13th Spartans run off the field. One gets out of bounds at the 7 yard line, but the other decides the quickest way off the field is somewhere around the 20 and doesn't get off when the ball is snapped. This is what many of us in 16A(and Bo by the way) were screaming at more than the fumble call.

Look at the line judge. He is supposed to straddle the line of scrimmage. You can easily see that his body center is to the left of the 40 yard line - in fact, his left foot is nearly on it. Martinez is lined up right on the line, not across it, as you can tell when you pause it at 2:17.

He is clearly not offside.

But, as has been mentioned umpteen times already, all Martinez had to do is to check with the line judge. If he does, and the LJ says he's OK, then he's not offside.

I think a lot of people are thrown off by the LOS graphic

Yep, that black line is NOT official. Look at the ball - it's on and maybe barely across the 40 while TM's foot is on the forty.

Watch the replay of the sack. Martinez is hit at the 38 and thrown backwards, horrible placement by the refs. Still didn't kill NU but I am amazed the refs get things so wrong.

Watch the replay of the sack again. Time left in 1st quarter is 7:01 and it is 2nd and 8 from the Huskers 38.

The Marlowe run happens with 3:45 to play in the 1st on 1st and 10 from the Spartan 40. The plays were not consecutive. The placement of the ball isn't even shown after the sack. This might explain why you were so amazed that the refs got things so wrong!