Michigan @Iowa: Who do we want to win?

It's a hell of a lot easier to get up for a team that has had a lot of success recently than to get up for a team with a recent loss. So I'm not buying the psychology argument. Both teams will have about the same benefit if Michigan keeps winning. If they lose, I actually think they have the advantage. They'll have a ranked team coming in and want to avenge the recent loss.

Also, it's just what I prefer. If there's a 6-5 team and a 10-1 team and we have to play them both, I will always want the 10-1 team to win. It makes for a more exciting match up in my opinion. Similarly, I always want teams to be undefeated when we play them when possible. If Nebraska had 2 losses in conference, that is the only circumstance where I would want Michigan to lose.

This

Michigan, I HATE Iowa. But when they come to Lincoln I wouldn't mind it being for the Division Title, it'd be epic.

It would be neat to have our final game actually mean something. If both Nebraska and Iowa are out of contention, it's just another game.

But I don't think the Iowa game is going to be all that epic. I think we're going to see a lot of what we saw against Sparty - a very aggressive front four let loose on an immobile QB. Vandenberg is going to be a sitting duck back there. If Iowa doesn't go max-protect on EVERY PLAY, he may not last the first half.

Michigan, because if Michigan loses to Iowa it wont show our conferences strength, it will show how watered down it is. Iowa is flirting with being as bad as Minnesota/Indiana,IMO.

Remember a few years ago when everybody was down on the Big 12 North because ISU almost won the division at a 4-4 record. I dont want that reputation to pile on in this division.

Iowa. What ever can make us better in our league, I will take it

This.

That and NEB will most likely beat Iowa easier than Michigan. The whole mobile QB vs pocket passer thing..

Agreed. I can't believe what some of you are saying, you sound like Iowa fans who are new to this whole divisional setup thingy. Just remember last year, a friend of mine and I were discussing if we wanted Mizzou to beat A&M, and he said something about how we beat Mizzou so we had already won the division, which wasn't true. We don't make it to Dallas last year without A&M beating Mizzou. I don't think that we win out this year, so I'm hoping that Iowa beats both Michigan and Michigan St, all of us would have 2 losses (if we lose one more).

The whole strength of schedule argument is stupid since we play both teams, it won't affect it much, if at all. At this point, the SOS and BCS standing don't mean anything, since the chances of us playing in the MNC game are pretty much non-existant.

This.

That and NEB will most likely beat Iowa easier than Michigan. The whole mobile QB vs pocket passer thing..

Agreed. I can't believe what some of you are saying, you sound like Iowa fans who are new to this whole divisional setup thingy. Just remember last year, a friend of mine and I were discussing if we wanted Mizzou to beat A&M, and he said something about how we beat Mizzou so we had already won the division, which wasn't true. We don't make it to Dallas last year without A&M beating Mizzou. I don't think that we win out this year, so I'm hoping that Iowa beats both Michigan and Michigan St, all of us would have 2 losses (if we lose one more).

The whole strength of schedule argument is stupid since we play both teams, it won't affect it much, if at all. At this point, the SOS and BCS standing don't mean anything, since the chances of us playing in the MNC game are pretty much non-existant.

Mizzou played A&M before they played Nebraska. Then after they lost to TTech the following week. Nebraska pretty much had the division locked up since at that point it held 2 game lead technically.

This.

If Iowa wins, we still have to beat Michigan in order to control our own destiny and own the tiebreaker. People are saying they would rather play a 10-15th ranked Michigan than a 20-25th ranked Michigan because it will help us in the polls (not that it really matters) and make us look better.

What I don't want is for us to "back" into the B1G championship game. So having said that I want Michigan to win, I live in Iowa, obviously, and have to deal with these morons. I'm loving life right now because they are ready to implode with what is happening and I want it to continue. We win the rest of our games and we end up in Indy..........it's as easy as that, I don't want help from anyone.