Jamal Turner not playing against MSU is just dumb....

When I read this quote today, I just thought that it was plain dumb:

"One of those guys competing for playing time with Marlowe is true freshman Jamal Turner, who leads the team in receiving with 15 catches for 243 yards. But Turner didn't play against the Spartans."

How can a guy go from leading the team in receiving to not even setting foot on the field? Ridiculous. If he got "out-practiced" during the week, then I could see him getting fewer snaps. But, I cannot fathom why the guy wouldn't even get in for a play.

It's hard to believe he leads the team in receiving, when he barely sees playing time. Kyler Reed, Jamaal Turner, Kenny Bell, Rex Burkhead, Quincy Enunwa, these are the play makers that we have been in need of for a VERY long time, yet we rely on Burkhead to handle 95% of the load. If we want to last through another 6 games, we have got to practice better ball distribution.

• Fire 1

HiSD--Is it possible that the coaches feel like the young man has some things to learn? Maybe this is a long-term lesson that's being taught here.

Hard to tell. If he is screwing off or not playing hard, then, yes, it's a lesson. However, I get the sense that he simply lost the practice battle and didn't get to play. I could be wrong, but if I am right, then it's ridiculous that he could not come in for a single play. If we have seen one flaw with this coaching staff it's that they want to play the top 22 and nobody else.

HiSD--Is it possible that the coaches feel like the young man has some things to learn? Maybe this is a long-term lesson that's being taught here.
Hard to tell. If he is screwing off or not playing hard, then, yes, it's a lesson. However, I get the sense that he simply lost the practice battle and didn't get to play. I could be wrong, but if I am right, then it's ridiculous that he could not come in for a single play. If we have seen one flaw with this coaching staff it's that they want to play the top 22 and nobody else.

I think it had to do with his public statements about his QB!

It's hard to believe he leads the team in receiving, when he barely sees playing time. Kyler Reed, Jamaal Turner, Kenny Bell, Rex Burkhead, Quincy Enunwa, these are the play makers that we have been in need of for a VERY long time, yet we rely on Burkhead to handle 95% of the load. If we want to last through another 6 games, we have got to practice better ball distribution.

Everyone you mentioned there is a WR/TE besides Burkhead. We are a running team. A running team everyone has been begging for, for a very long time. We also have a QB that isn't Peyton Manning. So, add those two together and it's exactly why we rely on Burkhead so much, he's our best player on a running team. The others touches are going to be minimal...like a few times a game.

Additionally, we have 3 freshman RB's besides Burkhead, which is why they don't get much PT in big games like MSU. We've won championships running the ball and having minimal ball distribution.

Uhmm that's not a flaw, it's the direct result of not putting teams away early. And, it is also not accurate to claim they want to play the top 22 and nobody else. They rotate many on the D side and some on the O side. Having your best players on the field is not a flaw, it is smart. Not doing it would be a flaw.

Didn't they hand out 20 blackshirts?