Jamal Turner not playing against MSU is just dumb....

It's not the first time that a major contributor has suddenly vanished from the 2 deep. Courtney Osborne also went from being a solid starter, to not even playing in scrub time. Phillip Dillard started as a Jr but was benched as a senior and also couldn't even get in during scrub time. Now the coaches have the right to not play who ever they want, it's just frustrating to see this keep happening under Bo's staff.

Can anyone recall similar vanishing acts under our previous coaching staffs?. If not, what about other major college programs?

Yeah, it's so frustrating watching our offense getting better each week. Especially them shoving the ball down two elite defense's throats just in the last couple of weeks. The biggest comeback in the history of NU cfb? Vs a "very" good defense to boot?

Yes, it blows chunks and is frustrating beyond measure. No other major college program would put up with that! Bo & Beck simply don't know squat.....

GBR!!

It's not the first time that a major contributor has suddenly vanished from the 2 deep. Courtney Osborne also went from being a solid starter, to not even playing in scrub time. Phillip Dillard started as a Jr but was benched as a senior and also couldn't even get in during scrub time. Now the coaches have the right to not play who ever they want, it's just frustrating to see this keep happening under Bo's staff.

Can anyone recall similar vanishing acts under our previous coaching staffs?. If not, what about other major college programs?

Yeah, it's so frustrating watching our offense getting better each week. Especially them shoving the ball down two elite defense's throats just in the last couple of weeks. The biggest comeback in the history of NU cfb? Vs a "very" good defense to boot?

Yes, it blows chunks and is frustrating beyond measure. No other major college program would put up with that! Bo & Beck simply don't know squat.....

GBR!!

:sarcasm :sarcasm

When just one sign won't do

I heard that right before the MSU game, Turner had ingested a large quanity of peyote, then told Pelini he wanted to approach the game as "a vision quest." That's why he got benched. If you look closely at the videotape you can see Turner on the sidelines listening to The Doors on an iPod and staring at his palm.

Lol!!

This is the end....

Has anyone heard any rumors or have any knowledge as to why this guy does not see the field anymore? I have my own thoughts. My thoughts being that he is still in a big way being considered at the QB position. Could they be pulling him off his WR duties to focus more of his attention on learning the QB position. Maybe not wanting to waste any more precious time or risk a possible injury?

no, i doubt that.

he burned his redshirt year, and at last check was the team's leading WR. although he was making plays against lesser foe's now that we are playing real competiton, maybe he isn't doing it the way coaches want him to.

as in:

on my college team we had a freak athlete on the D-line. he made plays that were just sick. especially the 1st 3-4 weeks.

but every sunday in films, the coaches just railed on him cuz he was making plays OUT of POSITION, not great technique, sometimes abandoning his responsibility altogether. and he would fight right back and say, "who cares! I made a 3 yd tackle for loss!!"

well, the coaches kept telling him that when we played great teams, they would find ways to fool him and beat him. and lo and behold, 3 conference games in he was helping our D get gashed cuz he wasn't doing it the right way. he found himself on the bench and ended up quitting the team saying, "i'm going where someone appreciates my talents"...we all knew he would never make it cuz he played selfishly.

not saying Jamal is going that route of course, but it's just a little anecdote about the intricacies of college ball. it takes some seasoning to get it all down and not just rely on talent alone.

but DAMN, i wish he was getting his touches

From what I understood, Coach Fisher said Turner hasn't been practicing well and that's why he isn't seeing the field a lot. No link but I remember reading that on here this week.

A lot of players haven't practiced well and still have played, significantly.

One week of bad practices = bench?

C'mon.

From what I understood, Coach Fisher said Turner hasn't been practicing well and that's why he isn't seeing the field a lot. No link but I remember reading that on here this week.

A lot of players haven't practiced well and still have played, significantly.

One week of bad practices = bench?

C'mon.

Not sure if this is directed at me or the coach. It wasn't my decision to bench Turner. You have to send a message, but at some point, the outcome of the game matters more than the message being sent.

And for the record, he must be going on two weeks of bad practices because he rarely saw the field against MSU for the same reason.

Here's the thread: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/55635-jamal-turner-not-playing-against-msu-is-just-dumb/

GBR!!

Turner is a potential gamebreaker. Desperately could have used him today. You can say what you want but when you're 5 wide in the 4th and you're trying to come from behind with Ben Cotton out wide instead of JT, you're not doing whatever it takes to win

GBR!!

Turner is a potential gamebreaker. Desperately could have used him today. You can say what you want but when you're 5 wide in the 4th and you're trying to come from behind with Ben Cotton out wide instead of JT, you're not doing whatever it takes to win

We were running the hurry-up and we didn't have time for a substitution....