Jamal Turner not playing against MSU is just dumb....

Coach Fisher and Coach Beck laid out in very black and white terms why Jamal isn't seeing the field much. What's with the extra speculation?

BECAUSE.....ever heard of coach speak? There's been enough coach speak posted on these boards to get some valid assumptions that the coaches hide the truth on many occasions.

Why worry about it?

Either you have "I'm good friends with Bo Pelini's aquarium guy, and he says...", you have "I have absolutely no idea what's true but I bet it's really..." or you have the people who trust what the coaches say. Until the coaches hold a press conference and say "Psyche! We lied to you guys and you totally bought it! Alright, here's what's really going on" (which isn't happening obviously), we have two options: try to stick our collective head up the bull's ass to see if that's really a t-bone, or just take the butcher's word for it.

That is totally incorrect thinking when it comes to Turner. He does nothing but work hard. He's been compared to Rex as far as work ethic and personality.

It may very well be. I don't know the guy, so I can't say much about his work ethic. Maybe he's just having a difficult time digesting everything that he has to remember.

We have mismanaged how we use the tFR (fab-3, Turner and Bell). We should have RS'd Turner & Green/Heard. You can see the frustration setting in with AGreen....... And next year with Rex back, IDK.... how they're going to get any more PT

Agree, Green is getting frustrated. He's learning that the old run-end-around-the-tackle-for-a-touchdown may work in high school, but not college. I don't see Green transferring, however. Unfortunately, I could see Heard transferring since he's down the depth chart. It's unfortunate since all three backs are great.

At some point don't they need to realize they are Freshman? They are getting some PT, but they are behind a back that is MUCH better than they are right now. You want to play a lot on Saturdays, beat the guy ahead of you. Don't transfer because you can't beat him out. I think these guys can be good, but have to realize that we are in the middle of a TOUGH B1G schedule, and I want Rex getting the ball A LOT more than a freshman RB who's never experienced D1 college football. Rex played his first 2 years because he was good enough too. He didn't transfer because Helu was in front of him. And now look where he's at.

I'll tell you this, if they transfer because they don't get handed playing time....see ya. Work your butt off and prove you are worth playing.

While I definitely agree with this, one has to also look at it from their point of view. We recruited three RB's. Someone whether it be the players themselves or the coaches decided not to redshirt any of them. Basically, they all three are losing a year of eligibility when two of them rarely see the field. My dad used to call this too many roosters in the hen house. Heard is averaging around three carries per game. In three games, he didn't even get a chance to carry the rock. Aaron Green is averaging just over 2.5 carries a game and did not get a chance to carry the rock in two games. I think all three of these RB's are better than David Horne, but Horne even though he was redshirting until they burnt it after the first five games saw significantly more playing time than these guys.

I can tell you this....99% of players want to PLAY if the coaches will let them. How can they seriously justify getting any of them a lot more snaps when you have Rex Burkhead as a junior on your team? Crap, their's freaking threads about the possibilities of Rex and some word called Heisman. But lets get these guys a lot more reps? If we start blowing teams out...sure why not. But I'm sorry, I'm about winning first, and Rex gives us the best chance.

Additionally, if they RS'd 2 of these guys everyone would be screaming about getting them playing time...they need to develop, blah blah blah. Sorry, Rex had earned his spot and he carries this offense. I don't want to see our best player losing potential carries our team needs because we feel like we may have "burnt" some read shirts.

If not this year...the coaches will evaluate over the spring and summer and find out where to place these talented RB's. One of them may be placed on defense, ya never know. I bet the coaching staff really wants these players to see turf OFTEN! But people have to realize....these players can only share so many touches a game and we have a TON of young talent on the offense. Let's be patient and see how it pans out for next year. We will prob. get a clearer picture by spring or around the spring season next year.

Coach Fisher and Coach Beck laid out in very black and white terms why Jamal isn't seeing the field much. What's with the extra speculation?

BECAUSE.....ever heard of coach speak? There's been enough coach speak posted on these boards to get some valid assumptions that the coaches hide the truth on many occasions.

Why worry about it?

Either you have "I'm good friends with Bo Pelini's aquarium guy, and he says...", you have "I have absolutely no idea what's true but I bet it's really..." or you have the people who trust what the coaches say. Until the coaches hold a press conference and say "Psyche! We lied to you guys and you totally bought it! Alright, here's what's really going on" (which isn't happening obviously), we have two options: try to stick our collective head up the bull's ass to see if that's really a t-bone, or just take the butcher's word for it.

That is totally incorrect thinking when it comes to Turner. He does nothing but work hard. He's been compared to Rex as far as work ethic and personality.

It may very well be. I don't know the guy, so I can't say much about his work ethic. Maybe he's just having a difficult time digesting everything that he has to remember.

I honestly agree with ya Hercules on your response to my statement. We are in the dark on these changes.

Why worry about it?

I honestly agree with ya Hercules on your response to my statement. We are in the dark on these changes.

Being very blunt. If JT doesn't fumble and doesn't drop the ball like he did in the prior games he'd still be in there. Its the same reason he was set to be the co #1 punt return guy week one. Then the day before the game and the practice warm ups he dropped too many.

In 2009 Mark Ingram won the Heisman. He carried the rock 271 times. In 2009, Trent Richardson carried the rock 145 times. This is how teams spread the wealth so to speak with their young up and coming stars. Did Rex really need to carry the rock 30+ times last Saturday? If he did, what will change next year for the fab-3? Burkhead carried the rock 81 times as a freshman. This was 81 carries on an offense that was natorious for three and outs. At the current pace, there isn't anyone in the fab-3 that will even have half the carries Burkhead did as a freshman.

That's the thing, it's not coachspeak. Coachspeak is vague, unspecific, and usually cliche. "We need to take it one day at a time," or "It's a process," or "He's coming along." That's coachspeak.

When asked about Turner, both Fisher and Beck basically said, "Well, he needs to do this better, he has to stop doing this, and Marlowe does this and this better, so that's why Marlowe is on the field and Turner isn't." Pretty straight forward.

• Fire 1

The tricky part about Coachspeak in these situations is that you need to send your players a message, but not through the media.

You have to kick their ass and have their back at the same time. Beck and Fisher appear to have handed this pretty well. Pelini tends to be a bit more cryptic, resentful he has to answer the question. I'm not sure I ever heard what Zac Lee did to get so deep-sixed by Pelini last year. The injury was a convenient cover.

Re: our fleet freshmen running backs. They all look exciting when they hit the corner, or a huge hole, but I have yet to see one who doesn't go down quickly on contact. These are not the guys who drag anyone forward for the two yards needed to get a first down. That's why we see 90% Burkhead with the game on the line.

That and the fumbling.

for weeks we scream "GIVE BURKHEAD THE BALL, LET HIM POUND THE ROCK" - a few days after we dominate one of the toughest rushing defenses in the nation doing just that, we get "THE FRESHMAN AREN'T GETTING ENOUGH TOUCHES".

:facepalm: to all of you whining about the freshman riding pine while Rex dominates a must-win game.

YES THIS ^^^^^