Penn State . . . Should We Worry More?

i hope its a white out..... all the red in the stands will show up alot better then if everyone wears blue, im really hoping husker nation shows up in full force at happy valley

I'm guessing a lot of the fans who got trashed the last time will pass on this trip.................

I will continue to preach this point over and over about the 2011 Huskers:

If NU doesn't turn the football over, they will win every game on their schedule.

I really agree with this. Zero turnovers and NU wins them all

If they get into a game where its like 3 NU turnovers and 2 turnovers for the other team...well then anything can happen.

I will continue to preach this point over and over about the 2011 Huskers:

If NU doesn't turn the football over, they will win every game on their schedule.

I really agree with this. Zero turnovers and NU wins them all

If they get into a game where its like 3 NU turnovers and 2 turnovers for the other team...well then anything can happen.

I actually agree with this statement also. I think NEB has enough strength this year to take themselves to the BIG10 Champ. game....JUST DON'T TURN THE DAMN BALL OVER AND SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT. This same thing happened to us last year...shot ourselves in the foot....perfect example: The BIG12 Champ game vs. OU.

I think the inability of the Penn State offense adds to the effectiveness of their defense...

If I am an OC against Penn State I am going to be more conservative with my play calling knowing that the only way to take my team out of the game is with turnovers. Penn State is a team that relies heavily on its running attack meaning the two teams are going to chew the clock. In the end, the games are low scoring, low yardage games that lead to inflated defensive rankings.

I'm not convinced that our defense/offense has been fixed: The offense still relies on the big play... and if it's not there we struggle on short yardage. MSU played right into our hands (penalties, no running game, etc) and we lucked out. On defense we have not shown that we can stop a power running game.

PSU will run and run some more. Their passing game is pedestrian but still they have a good WR who can made plays. Their def. is very good - better than MSU & OSU. So this game will be slug fest.

If we destroy NW I'll sleep better.... if not..... I won't sleep at all. :)

I think our offense doesn't rely on the big play as much as they have in recent years. For example, the 2 TDs in the 3rd quarter against Michigan State came off long, sustained drives. Is the big play still a key for Nebraska to win the game? I think so, but probably not to the extent that it was last year or in years past. Judgement on the defense will have to wait until after the Northwestern/Penn State/Michigan games. Two of those teams have an offense, if we shut them down, that'll be a huge statement by our D. Also, I believe Penn State's defense is a little overhyped. It's easy for a defense to look good when you play Indiana State, Temple, Eastern Michigan, Iowa, Purdue, and Illinois. The only two teams they've played with any indication of an offense, Alabama and Northwestern, hung 27 and 24 on the Penn State defense, respectively. They won the Northwestern game because Northwestern doesn't have a defense. They lost the Alabama game because Alabama does.

Honest assessment--as of right now, I think Nebraska wins by 14, 27-13.

We should root for Penn State to keep winning and be ranked as high as possible.

Penn State has a bye this week and then they play us.

Didn't you get banned from here?