Most disappointing Husker game you have seen

I know it's beating a dead horse especially when we are saying our favorite Husker game, but I particularely have actually attended many disappointing games over the last 10 years and I am only 18.

My Top 10 in chronological order.

Nebraska vs Southern Miss in 2004- Lost 17-21. Joe Dailey ran out of bounds on fourth down on our last drive, behind the line of scrimmage.

Nebraska vs Texas Texas 2005- Lost 31-34. Just go down Le Kevin!!!

Nebraska at USC 2006- Lost 10-28. I have never seen such a conservative gameplan after converting a fake punt in the first quarter.

Nebraska vs Texas 2006- Lost 20-22. Self explanatory.

Nebraska vs Oklahoma State 2007- Lost 14-45. Stands were empty. At the end of the game I went down to get wristbands and gloves from the players. I remember man who had two working legs yelling at a man in a wheelchair because the man in the wheelchair had yelled disgrace at our Huskers.

Nebraska at Virginia Tech- Lost 15-16. Probably the 2nd most disappointing game I have been at. Took 3 flights to get to Raleigh-Durham, drove 5 hours to Blacksburg. Then we had so many chances to take control of the game. I was in the endzone when Virginia Tech scored their last touchdown. I remember watching the long pass to Danny Coale sit up in the air, and thinking there is no way he completes this. Then I saw Coale, and hoped Thyroid Taylor would overthrow him. That didn't happen. That ball hung up there forever.

Nebraska vs Iowa State 2009- Lost 7-9. 8 turnovers.

Nebraska vs Texas 2009 Big 12 Championship- Lost 12-13- This absolutely sucked. The only game I celebrated a win during a loss, I jumped into my dad's arms and celebrated for over 10 seconds when the clock hit 0. I will never forget that; only game I celebrated a win during a loss. We drove to Dallas, and hit a snowstorm on the way back. Turned an 11 hour drive into 16.

Nebraska vs Texas 2010- Lost 13-20- So much hype, yet such a dud.

Nebraska at Texas A&M 2010- Lost 6-9. What sucked is driving 30 hours over an entire weekend to watch the refs screw us.

Needless to say I went to the Big 12 Championship last year too, but that didn't even compare to the year before.

Wasn't in attendance, but it has to be 1996 Arizona State. I was still a kid, and I didn't really understand how it was possible that Nebraska could lose a football game.

I grew up a lot that day... My childhood was officially over.

I was there. traveled 400 miles to watch my first NU game live. Couldn't believe NU couldn't do anything

against that team.

The most disappointing is also one of the proudest games as a Husker fan when we went for two against Miami. So close for one of the greatest teams ever and so proud we did not back door into a championship. T.O. Made the right call and the Huskers Reputation exploded for doing the right thing.

Without a doubt...

How this isn't at the top of the list is criminal.

I was 10 years old when this happened, and I cried....

The most disappointing is also one of the proudest games as a Husker fan when we went for two against Miami. So close for one of the greatest teams ever and so proud we did not back door into a championship. T.O. Made the right call and the Huskers Reputation exploded for doing the right thing.

Without a doubt...

I did the games where I was at...this is why

Without a doubt...

I did the games where I was at...this is why

But that game, was one that ripped my heart out. The others listed have been disapppointing, but never brought me to tears...

I know it's beating a dead horse especially when we are saying our favorite Husker game, but I particularely have actually attended many disappointing games over the last 10 years and I am only 18.

My Top 10 in chronological order.

Nebraska vs Southern Miss in 2004- Lost 17-21. Joe Dailey ran out of bounds on fourth down on our last drive, behind the line of scrimmage.

Nebraska vs Texas Texas 2005- Lost 31-34. Just go down Le Kevin!!!

Nebraska at USC 2006- Lost 10-28. I have never seen such a conservative gameplan after converting a fake punt in the first quarter.

Nebraska vs Texas 2006- Lost 20-22. Self explanatory.

Nebraska vs Oklahoma State 2007- Lost 14-45. Stands were empty. At the end of the game I went down to get wristbands and gloves from the players. I remember man who had two working legs yelling at a man in a wheelchair because the man in the wheelchair had yelled disgrace at our Huskers.

Nebraska at Virginia Tech- Lost 15-16. Probably the 2nd most disappointing game I have been at. Took 3 flights to get to Raleigh-Durham, drove 5 hours to Blacksburg. Then we had so many chances to take control of the game. I was in the endzone when Virginia Tech scored their last touchdown. I remember watching the long pass to Danny Coale sit up in the air, and thinking there is no way he completes this. Then I saw Coale, and hoped Thyroid Taylor would overthrow him. That didn't happen. That ball hung up there forever.

Nebraska vs Iowa State 2009- Lost 7-9. 8 turnovers.

Nebraska vs Texas 2009 Big 12 Championship- Lost 12-13- This absolutely sucked. The only game I celebrated a win during a loss, I jumped into my dad's arms and celebrated for over 10 seconds when the clock hit 0. I will never forget that; only game I celebrated a win during a loss. We drove to Dallas, and hit a snowstorm on the way back. Turned an 11 hour drive into 16.

Nebraska vs Texas 2010- Lost 13-20- So much hype, yet such a dud.

Nebraska at Texas A&M 2010- Lost 6-9. What sucked is driving 30 hours over an entire weekend to watch the refs screw us.

Needless to say I went to the Big 12 Championship last year too, but that didn't even compare to the year before.

You shouldn't feel too bad about the worst ones since they happened during the Callahan era.

Almost all of the Texas games...Ozzy's 1st 6-7 games against OU..Then the 1st game I ever went to..the week after Osborne finally did beat Switzer..when we lost to Mizzery in the sleet (and James Wilder).

The last game I witnessed..'95? here in Tempe against ASwho?.."Nineteen ta Nuthin"...I grew to respect Pat Tillman durring that game, but I also came to the realization that we lost more times than not when I was in attendance.

I wasn't as dissapointed after that game..We'd won just enough to have people hate us..and it was nice to see the locals have something to cheer about..I just didn't expect them to show it each year and claim it (and the 70-something Fiesta win over us as their two most important wins ever..

The loss to Miami in '83? ripped my heart out..but it was already built up with scar tissue from years of "Sooner Magic"..and it felt almost like a win..other fans brought up the "going for Two" thing with much respect decades later.

I have attended maybe a dozen husker games in my life and have never been at a game that we lost. But my most dissappointing game would have to be BAll St in 2007. That was one of the most pathetic defensive performances. I have ever seen. They had so many chances to win that game but we were bailed out by Bo Rudd returning an interception for a touchdown.