Most disappointing Husker game you have seen

Nebraska vs Oklahoma State 2007- Lost 14-45. Stands were empty. At the end of the game I went down to get wristbands and gloves from the players. I remember man who had two working legs yelling at a man in a wheelchair because the man in the wheelchair had yelled disgrace at our Huskers.

Without a doubt this is the game for me. I remember listening to Matt Davidson and Fiala transition from being speechless to questioning the program. I also think this might have been the last game that Jim Rose did???

Wasn't in attendance, but it has to be 1996 Arizona State. I was still a kid, and I didn't really understand how it was possible that Nebraska could lose a football game.

I grew up a lot that day... My childhood was officially over.

I was going to say exactly this. I was 9 when this happened. At that point, I couldn't remember the last time I saw Nebraska lose. To make it worse, this was the last Husker game grandpa saw before losing his battle with cancer. Needless to say, a pretty devestating week for a 9 year old

The most disappointing is also one of the proudest games as a Husker fan when we went for two against Miami. So close for one of the greatest teams ever and so proud we did not back door into a championship. T.O. Made the right call and the Huskers Reputation exploded for doing the right thing.

That was mine as well. Well stated. Tom didn't do the N. Dame thing and settle for a tie. If we had half a defense that year, the 83 team may have been ranked over the 95 team as the greatest ever. The loss to FSU in the same endzone 10 years later added salt into the wound - put the next year win against Miami healed it all.

Has to be 2009 Big 12 Championship Game vs. UT for me. Never have I felt the rug so pulled out from under me as a fan in my life. What a roller-coaster that last couple minutes was. Went from about the happiest I've ever been as a fan to about the most pissed...all in the blink of an eye. Total kick in the balls!!!

Has to be 2009 Big 12 Championship Game vs. UT for me. Never have I felt the rug so pulled out from under me as a fan in my life. What a roller-coaster that last couple minutes was. Went from about the happiest I've ever been as a fan to about the most pissed...all in the blink of an eye. Total kick in the balls!!!

LOL..that was mine as well as mentioned earlier in this thread..roller coaster is exactly right..I remember walking out of there thinking, "where did all these Texas fans come from?"

Nebraska vs Oklahoma State 2007- Lost 14-45. Stands were empty. At the end of the game I went down to get wristbands and gloves from the players. I remember man who had two working legs yelling at a man in a wheelchair because the man in the wheelchair had yelled disgrace at our Huskers.

Without a doubt this is the game for me. I remember listening to Matt Davidson and Fiala transition from being speechless to questioning the program. I also think this might have been the last game that Jim Rose did???

texas a&m same year.

September 10th, 1977 - Washington State

I had just entered UN-L as a freshman after doing a stint in the Army. I was in East Stadium, 25 yardline (South) about 40 rows up. My second Husker game ever in person and my first as a student. I sat in stunned silence after the game while the place cleared out. I could not believe it had happened. More shell shocked than most of the Nam holdovers I had served with.

The next week made up for it though.... :-) Look it up.....

September 10th, 1977 - Washington State

I had just entered UN-L as a freshman after doing a stint in the Army. I was in East Stadium, 25 yardline (South) about 40 rows up. My second Husker game ever in person and my first as a student. I sat in stunned silence after the game while the place cleared out. I could not believe it had happened. More shell shocked than most of the Nam holdovers I had served with.

The next week made up for it though.... :-) Look it up.....

Al-a-bama... Coached by Bear Bryant. Ozzie Newsome at WR.

Didn't hafta look it up ;)

Top 3

3) 1994 Orange Bowl vs Florida State. I was convinced God hated Nebraska and we would never win a National Championship.

2) 2001 Colorado. My 21st birthday party was for that game...Needless to say, I got fitshaced.

1) My 1st game was in 1992 at Iowa State. I was 12 yrs old. Nebraska had just got done pounding top 10 opponents back to back weeks during Tommie Frazier's freshman season and we lose 19-10. Iowa State fans had no problem talking s&*$ to a 12 year old. First taste of d-bag opponents on the road.

Honorable Mention: I'm 0-6 at games away from Memorial Stadium. L's include @ Iowa State 1992, 2002 Rose Bowl, 2006 Big 12 Championship, 2007 Cotton Bowl, 2010 Big 12 Championship, and @ Wisconsin 2011. FML...

For me it has to be 2006 Texas game. It was the first big husker game I ever went too, and my first game sitting in the student section.

Going down early, fighting back to take the lead, starts snowing harder, Texas had no answer, and then Terrance Nunn happened...

I still want to punch him in the gonads for that fumble...