Hey there from Oklahoma State

Man, it is freaking weird not seeing Nebraska in the Big 12. So how are you all enjoying life in the Big 10? It has to be cool playing teams like tOSU and Michigan. Next year will be rough going to both the Big House and palace that Woody built. Whew. Have many of you made roadtrips to watch NU play at other Big 10 schools? I've never been to a game at Madison, but the city/campus is amazing.

I do have to say that I love the round robin format that the Big 12 has this season. I hope the Big 12 (-2-1+1-1+?) can find some semblance of stability soon though. I don't mind TCU coming on board, but the addition of WVU just seems so out of place. Man...I miss the Big 8.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say 'hey'. Good luck the rest of the season.

Hey andy,

I think most Nebraska fans would say they love the B1G. Stability, respect and the revenue sharing are by far it's greatest aspects. The B1G just feels like one big family hell bent on beating the crap out of each other every week. But at the end of the day, we're all still family. I never had that feeling in the Big 12.

I haven't been to any of the other B1G venues, but my father said he traveled to the Wisconsin campus on business one time, and said it was one of the most beautiful campuses he had ever seen. We're going to the Big House this year and next year we're off to the horseshoe. The B1G did us no favors with our inaugural schedule, but so far everything is going about as we expected it.

I hate to say it, but I still think the Big 12 is going to go down in flames. OSU and OU will be fine, but I worry about places like KSU, ISU and Kansas. I would worry about CU but they made a great move getting out of the Big 12 so early.

All that said - I, like you, miss the Big 8. Not only because Nebraska was extremely good, but also because the Big 12 never felt right for Husker fans.

Good luck on the rest of the season.

Everyone misses the Big 8. It was a really good conference. But once TV money got involved it was doomed.

So far we all like the Big Ten just fine. It's a good conference. We go to the Big House this year and to Ohio State next year. We have to go to Happy Valley this year the week before we go to Ann Arbor so that is a tough couple of games.

Ah, for some reason I thought you had both tOSU and Michigan away next year. No kidding about the rough first year schedule. But you're doing just fine! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the move. Big 10 IS football tradition.

The Big 8 really seemed more...'family'...than the Big 12 ever was. Granted, we were the little kid that always got picked on, but hey. The Big 8 basketball tournament was always such a great thing to attend. I still go to the Big 12 tournament, but it's just different and not as collegial as all those years at Kemper.

You're right about the Big 12 dying a painful death. It's weird that a conference could have two top 10 teams, yet still disintegrate. Several people around here were all pumped about going to the Pac Large Number. I don't get it. I have no vested interested in seeing my team play Washington State or UCLA on a yearly basis. Oh well. We shall see what shakes out. I'm just ready for whatever happens...to actually happen. I hate this state of limbo.

It would be cool to see an out of conference home/home series with you guys some time in the not too distant future. That's a road trip I'd make (again).

Hey Andy--

The move is great. I'd say more, but it would be bitter venomous offensive and you've been nice. It would help if you said something derpy, but it appears you're one of the good Poke fans, so I doubt you'll give me that opening. :)

Honestly, it's been great in the Big 10. Fans have been great, it feels like we've been welcomed to a family that we've known for a long time but just never got to visit, Delaney has been fair and accommodating, yet authoritative, and the Big Ten Network is killer. In fact, the show "Big Ten and Beyond" covers *all* college football and had a bit on OSU the other night.

What do I think our chances against OU are? Man, that is hard to say. I'm a man! I'm over 40! And in my lifetime, we have beaten OU all of six times. We have endured about as many different ways of soul-crushing defeats at their hands as you can come up with. I expect us to break through this year, but quite honestly, it won't shock me if OU finds a way to go medieval on us. Again. Sonofa.

At this point, I just want us to survive and advance to the next week. KSU will either be broken after their thrashing last week, or really really pissed.

Heh, Matthew - nice job with the Airplane autopilot avatar, and Jeffersons quote. It really sounds like you've found a good (evil dictator-less) home in the Big 10. I'm thinking about an expansion to the Big 10 would be like. There are things I would freaking love about it, but those road trips would be hellacious. Still...Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin. Wow. Great lineup.

Thanks for the kind words, all.

• Fire 1

Yeah, you seem like a good egg there Andy....

The B1G move has been great! Too bad Texas messed up the Big 8 by moving in, now since they overstayed thier welcome in the Big-12 they might has bring that conference down......whatever pans out, I hope you guys end up in a stable conference! Good luck the rest of the year and it looks like we both have some Wildcats to tame this weekend....

Thanks for stopping by Andy. OSU is looking really good this year. I hope you guys stay undefeated. The B1G is da bomb. We have had so many people from the various teams come to this board and welcome us. When it was official this summer it was like a big party. The B1G Network showed a whole bunch of our old games. It was so much fun.

I miss the Big 8 too. I'm originally from Missouri. It was always so much fun just the 8 teams. When we became the Big 12 it was just awful. But I remember telling my husband that it didn't matter because when a former 'Big 8' team played another 'Big 8' team, no matter how bad that other team was, they would just play their hearts out.

If the B1G ever expands I too would love to see us take OSU/OU/MU/KU-can you imagine how great that would be!!! But in the event that doesn't happen, it would be really fun to play you guys before the regular season begins.

Best wishes on the rest of your season.

What do I think our chances against OU are? Man, that is hard to say. I'm a man! I'm over 40! And in my lifetime, we have beaten OU all of six times. We have endured about as many different ways of soul-crushing defeats at their hands as you can come up with. I expect us to break through this year, but quite honestly, it won't shock me if OU finds a way to go medieval on us. Again. Sonofa.

At this point, I just want us to survive and advance to the next week. KSU will either be broken after their thrashing last week, or really really pissed.

Ahh.crap another victem of that crappy "Sooner Magic" crap Nu fans used to have to endure for what seemed year after year. I think the Pokies match up well with Boomer and would not be suprised one bit for Stillwater to be a rocking happy place on the 3rd. Landry Jones is prone to making some dub throws for as many brilliant ones he makes.

And for the record, OSU will thrash KSU. They were brought back to reality last week and the Pokes should do nothing but drop them further into mediocracy where they rightfully belong.