Bo Should go.

Do I like losing? No. But I also don't think we need to fire the head coach everytime we don't win a national title or conference title. The problem with this team is talent, they are lacking in key areas. We are going to have off years (for Nebraska that would be any season with a loss, right?). Get over it.

Now, if they don't do something about the areas that are lacking talent, then I think you have to start looking at replacing the assistant coaches that are responsible for leading in the evaluation process. One area that I think Bo needs to look at really hard and seriously is the O-line. They suck, if you want to be honest. They are not consistent, and have not opened any holes against an equal or even a lessor opponent. They also can't protect the QB when he drops to pass on most plays. This is a problem. This is Cotton...they brought in help for him this year, and it has not changed...it is still sub par, especially for Nebraska football. I never thought I would see the O-line be such a problem for so long at Nebraska. This is a nightmare. Is this Callahan's curse to Nebraska?

Another area that Bo should be totally ashamed of right now is the defense, this is not a Blackshirt unit, no matter if he did hand them out. They are not deserving and remind me of a Callahan defense, minus the mouthing and bragging that they gave you about how good they were when they stunk. Defense is supposed to be Bo's area, he should be able to evaluate players. Every player on this team is Bo's now. There is no excuse. Either he needs to get more involved and start kicking some asses and motivate some people or start replacing them...coaches and players. If they don't have the talent, then he needs to re-evaluate how he is doing those evaluations, or who is doing the evaluations, because there is obviously some problems.

Do I think Bo needs to go? No...not unless he cannot manage this whole situation and right the ship. I would say that the fans at Nebraska will give him at least another year to turn things around...but no more than 2 without at least a conference title. We are an impatient group that expects perfection. He knew that coming in.

Bo hasn't won just 8 games a year ever. Hes won 9 every year since he's been here and 10 the past two. Are you serious?

I have had conversations with those close to me and we have discussed things regarding Bo Pelini. He is a great football coach, the thing that is holding him back from being mentioned up there with the Sabans and the Stoops are these let down games. But Northwestern didn't just line up and beat us because they were better football players or a better football team than us Saturday. Many things happened.

Bo doesn't need to go. I don't know how anyone could even say that with a straight face.

I don't really know Bo on a personal level, but I don't think I would like him all that much if I did. He seems rather whiny and I think he creates his own drama. He gets all pissy about some of the dumbest things imo. If he doesn't stop it then he WILL have a heart attack or stroke at a fairly young age. He has gotten better though. I don't think he is really changed...he is who he is for better or worse.

I wonder about his recruiting a little bit...he pulls in some good talent, so why aren't we seeing them on the field? Fisher, Thorell, or Cassidy can't be your best players at their positions, right? Are guys not getting developed?

Then I wonder if he has favorites...I never thought he did, but it sure seems like he likes to play the starters and that is it. That is why we are seeing so many problems this year imo. When these guys should have been getting playing time, they were sitting on the bench and only Haag, Gomes, etc were playing. He has no idea of how to create depth and he wastes years on players by not redshirting them...oh look we got that freshman in for 2 plays and now you get to sit and I just wasted your redshirt for that year.

Then I wonder about practice...is there something missing in his practices? Why can't that defense make a simple tackle? Are the young guys not allowed to get enough quality reps? I always say you only as strong as your weakest link and I have always felt this team needs to build depth and have schemes to where you can just reload the next guy. Easier said then done, I know. So then I also start thinking, maybe he puts too much stock into practice? I have said it before, but I wonder if some guys are practice warriors and then you get them into the game and they underperform.

These are just thoughts and if I ever got to sit down with Bo...I would ask him these sorts of things, because I don't know what the thought process or just the process in general is. I would like to know what he is seeing in other words. But saying he needs to go is just mind-boggling in my honest opinion.

Bo doesn't need to go. I don't know how anyone could even say that with a straight face.

I don't really know Bo on a personal level, but I don't think I would like him all that much if I did. He seems rather whiny and I think he creates his own drama. He gets all pissy about some of the dumbest things imo. If he doesn't stop it then he WILL have a heart attack or stroke at a fairly young age. He has gotten better though. I don't think he is really changed...he is who he is for better or worse.

I wonder about his recruiting a little bit...he pulls in some good talent, so why aren't we seeing them on the field? Fisher, Thorell, or Cassidy can't be your best players at their positions, right? Are guys not getting developed?

Then I wonder if he has favorites...I never thought he did, but it sure seems like he likes to play the starters and that is it. That is why we are seeing so many problems this year imo. When these guys should have been getting playing time, they were sitting on the bench and only Haag, Gomes, etc were playing. He has no idea of how to create depth and he wastes years on players by not redshirting them...oh look we got that freshman in for 2 plays and now you get to sit and I just wasted your redshirt for that year.

Then I wonder about practice...is there something missing in his practices? Why can't that defense make a simple tackle? Are the young guys not allowed to get enough quality reps? I always say you only as strong as your weakest link and I have always felt this team needs to build depth and have schemes to where you can just reload the next guy. Easier said then done, I know. So then I also start thinking, maybe he puts too much stock into practice? I have said it before, but I wonder if some guys are practice warriors and then you get them into the game and they underperform.

These are just thoughts and if I ever got to sit down with Bo...I would ask him these sorts of things, because I don't know what the thought process or just the process in general is. I would like to know what he is seeing in other words. But saying he needs to go is just mind-boggling in my honest opinion.

From what I understand something like 80% of the practice snaps go to the guys they want to start that week. So with that much practice time devoted to starters (especially in positions where the same guys start every game of the year) and then those starters all play 85-90% of the game snaps as well... you aren't exactly doing a good job getting depth ready to play.

From what I understand something like 80% of the practice snaps go to the guys they want to start that week. So with that much practice time devoted to starters (especially in positions where the same guys start every game of the year) and then those starters all play 85-90% of the game snaps as well... you aren't exactly doing a good job getting depth ready to play.

That is what I was afraid of...I know you want your starters to get the majority of reps, but it doesn't seem like it does much to prepare for the future. I am not a coach, so I don't know how you would go about it to create solid depth at positions. I do, however, believe that the freshman should have their own practice area with lower coaches just working on straight fundamentals...unless those freshman are good enough to work with the "varsity" guys. I just hope Bo figures out a way to prepare the young guys.

I heard tonight on Sports Nightly that Bo, at this point in his career, only has one less win than Osborne did (at this point in his career). All extenuating factors aside, that has to count for something.

And how many losses to unranked teams and teams ranked below NU did TO have "at this point in his career"?

Weren't you the same guy who said that we can't compare Bo to Callahan? So doesn't the same thing go for comparing Bo to Osborne? If you're going to compare past coaches, you can't just choose the best coach we have ever had as the yardstick.

Bo is his own guy. He is not Tom Osborne and he is not Bill Callahan. He is 36-14 (72%). We have made it to two straight CCG [albeit should have won those as well, but I digress].

Some of his 14 losses have been stinkers, but you can't blame 8 turnovers on the coaches. Texas, mind you had a great D last year and we had a first year QB under center. And I don't consider Virginia Tech to be a bad team. The worse loss Bo has had in Lincoln has come at the hands of Texas Tech when we lost 31-10. That was the only game where we came out completely flat and didn't stand a chance. Turnovers doomed us last Saturday, not coaching mistakes.

All I have to say about this topic is that, short of some crazy unforseen scandal, if Bo is fired for posting records eight, nine or 10 wins, I will cease to care about Husker football. I understand that we need to have these conversations when the team posts .500 or losing record(s). We don't have these conversations now. Remember we lost to Wisconsin. The Badgers lost to Michigan State and Ohio State. We beat both of those teams.

Just sayin.

I heard tonight on Sports Nightly that Bo, at this point in his career, only has one less win than Osborne did (at this point in his career). All extenuating factors aside, that has to count for something.

And how many losses to unranked teams and teams ranked below NU did TO have "at this point in his career"?

Weren't you the same guy who said that we can't compare Bo to Callahan? So doesn't the same thing go for comparing Bo to Osborne? If you're going to compare past coaches, you can't just choose the best coach we have ever had as the yardstick.

Bo is his own guy. He is not Tom Osborne and he is not Bill Callahan. He is 36-14 (72%). We have made it to two straight CCG [albeit should have won those as well, but I digress].

Some of his 14 losses have been stinkers, but you can't blame 8 turnovers on the coaches. Texas, mind you had a great D last year and we had a first year QB under center. And I don't consider Virginia Tech to be a bad team. The worse loss Bo has had in Lincoln has come at the hands of Texas Tech when we lost 31-10. That was the only game where we came out completely flat and didn't stand a chance. Turnovers doomed us last Saturday, not coaching mistakes.

That Texas game last year wasn't on Tmart or Bo.....it was on the wrs dropping passes all game long. That's probably why Ted got shown the door.

GBR!!