Peliniball = 3.0 GPA

WYHusk

You remember the B student in high school? You know, the one who's vice-president of the student body, sixth man off the bench on the basketball team, gets to go on the double-date to prom with the prom king and queen? That's Nebraska as long as Bo is coach. Pretty good, you know, but never on top.

Bo is a very good coach, but he's not a great one. This sort of letdown have just happened too many times. Obviously he is not going to get fired, so Nebraska will remain firmly entrenched in 3.0 land. 9-3, 10-2, 8-4, B1G runner-ups and non-BCS bowls as far as the eye can see. Looks good if you're a Kansas fan; unacceptable if you'rea Bama or tOSU fan.

What do you say, Huskerland? You ready to be the B student?

The valedictorian, prom king, starting varsity players will be on display in about an hour.

I am okay with being entrenched in 9 win + land because every few years you have the pieces together to make a big run.

That year was last year though, not this year. This year is the reloading year the year after we had all the pieces. So I'm not too worried yet. Point to the failures of last year, but for most, those are dead and buried issues. This is a bad characterization.

These things happen, to the best of them...

You might be right, but it's too soon to tell. You have to remember that Pelini is only in his fourth year as a head coach. You can't expect someone to master a craft in less than four years. Sure, Pelini has been in football for the majority of his life, but being a head coach is a whole lot different then being a coordinator.

It took Nick Saban more than 10 years to win a national championship as a head coach. Our team is young and learning, and so is our head coach.

It's definitely problematic to see this type of letdown become a regular occurrence under Pelini. Texas Tech and Iowa St. in '09. Texas and Washington (and one wind gust away from Iowa St., again) in '10. Northwestern in '11. All of these teams were unranked.

Throw in the debacle against SDSU last year. That would've been a nightmare of epic proportions.

I am okay with being entrenched in 9 win + land because every few years you have the pieces together to make a big run.

That year was last year though, not this year. This year is the reloading year the year after we had all the pieces. So I'm not too worried yet. Point to the failures of last year, but for most, those are dead and buried issues. This is a bad characterization.

I agree with the spirit of this. Difference between teams like OU, Alabama, LSU at the moment, and Nebraska is that they have talent stockpiled because they reside in ridiculously fruitful recruiting bases, coupled with great college head coaches. We have a good coach, and we tend to bring in decent recruiting classes. What it means is that a team like OU can legitimately call themselves a MNC contender about once every two years. NU might have to be more like a 1 run in 4 or 5 year span type of team.

Might just have to accept that. There are certainly worse teams to root for in the FBS than our Cornhuskers.

You remember the B student in high school? You know, the one who's vice-president of the student body, sixth man off the bench on the basketball team, gets to go on the double-date to prom with the prom king and queen? That's Nebraska as long as Bo is coach. Pretty good, you know, but never on top.

Bo is a very good coach, but he's not a great one. This sort of letdown have just happened too many times. Obviously he is not going to get fired, so Nebraska will remain firmly entrenched in 3.0 land. 9-3, 10-2, 8-4, B1G runner-ups and non-BCS bowls as far as the eye can see. Looks good if you're a Kansas fan; unacceptable if you'rea Bama or tOSU fan.

The valedictorian, prom king, starting varsity players will be on display in about an hour.

Wy: Its obvious that you were probably a 2.0 student at best to start another one of these posts. BTW Wy, did you know Pelini's team does have over a 3.0 gpa as a team? Yep, highest since 1987. But you don't care about that, you are clearly only concerned with winning.

I agree with the spirit of this. Difference between teams like OU, Alabama, LSU at the moment, and Nebraska is that they have talent stockpiled because they reside in ridiculously fruitful recruiting bases, coupled with great college head coaches. We have a good coach, and we tend to bring in decent recruiting classes. What it means is that a team like OU can legitimately call themselves a MNC contender about once every two years. NU might have to be more like a 1 run in 4 or 5 year span type of team.

Might just have to accept that. There are certainly worse teams to root for in the FBS than our Cornhuskers.

Didn't OU just lose to a really bad texas tech team?

Did you feel this way about Bo last week? Didn't hear anything from you then? Or how about when we came back and beat tOSU? Didn't hear anything from you then about us being a B rate team? Last time I looked, Bo was the coach for both of those games yet no one said a word about how bad he coached or that he should be replaced. Funny how fickle we are, eh?

Didn't OU just lose to a really bad texas tech team?

Yeah and then Tech got blasted by IOWA STATE? Wow...Bob Stoops should be fired along with the Texas Tech coach cause they are both B rate coaches. You know, I remember those A+ type kids when I was in school. They're still there in my home town. They're still smart but you know they had no imagination, no creativity, NO PASSION! Sorry, I'm just really tired of this type of talk. Either you support the team win or lose or you don't. I'm supporting them. I have ever since I came to Nebraska and will continue so. I may not be Nebraska born or Nebraska bred (although I've now lived in Nebraska longer than my home state of Missouri!) but when I die I will be NEBRASKA DEAD!!! GO BIG RED!!