What i learned today about Husker football and its fans.

It was alittle ranty, ill admit. Just get tired of some of the stuff going on around here. Like a spoiled rotten teenager who had his trans am taken away.

it is about expectations and potential. we underachieve, so we are like the parents taking away the trans when the child gets a 'd' in algebra even though his/her itbs test has him/her in the 90 percentile. those who are upset are not out of line.

To Big Red Power Wagon.....i agree to a certain extent. People do need to chill, but like one of the posters stated People did NOT like Osborne....I repeat...did not. No passion, predictable, outdated, vanilla. It was bad! But, we should have beaten Northwestern. But, that's why you play the game. You play to win the game!!

But, Pelini has tried to upgrade his talent......what if Starling was here....how about RGIII? All players we recruited and lost for one reason or another. This team lost it's starting DT....All-American....and we are struggling a bit. As long as we compete, I am fine....But social media has changed everything...people do sit behind a screen and dissect....kinda funny watching it. Because 90% couldn't get out there and make it happen.....armchair qb's. Let the haters hate.... you will always have people who think they could do better....most of em would piss down their legs when the lights turned on....

Agree with some of what you say, but being passionate about the one school, and one sport that has done us well through the years is no shame. I would rather deal with fans that give a damn about their local college team, than be like some people that I have met in other places that couldn't even tell you who the head coach was, and wouldn't know if their team won a NC unless they got the day off to go to the parade afterwards.

Everyone has their own opinions, of what is wrong, how to fix it, and what to do if it isn't fixed. Unfortunately, the Callahan era has brought negativity to Nebraska. It isn't going away any time soon. Just be thankful that there are fans that care, and want to win.

This sport, this college sport, it isnt there job. Its not the NFL though we would like to treat it like that. There job is to perform but hey even if they dont win they still get a sh#t load of money. All these teams have to play for is pride. Most will never see the next level, or the big contract. Some will be insurance salesmen or bank managers. And occasionally they will recount of the glory days when they had a tough game between Georgia but they pulled it out of the trenches and how amazing it was just to be there. But you sit there behind your glass box and be critical of every little thing they do. Who are you to judge someones life or how they perform. How would any of you feel if there were thousands of people watching you perform at work, or judging how you build your deck. No one likes to be put under the microscope and be picked and prodded on everything they do or dont do. I want you to think about this nebraska fans, we have been victims of our own need for perfection before. I would hate to see that happen again.

this board, this free to everyone board, it is not our job. it is not rivals though we would like to treat it like that. our job is to perform, but hey, even if we don't make an agreeable point, we still get a load of shoot. all these poster have to post is for pride. most will never see the next level, start a blog, or get published. some will leave, some will become mods. and occasionally they will recount the glory days when their post got more than four '+1's' because they had a moment of inspiration on the can and how amazing it was just to get recognized. but you sit there behind your glass box and be critical of every little thought they post. who are you to judge someones life or how they post? how would you feel if there was one dude criticizing your posts, or judging your grammar? no poster likes to be put under the microscope and be picked and prodded on everything they do or don't post. i want you to think about this, huskerboard members, we have been victims of our own need for agreeable posts. i would hate to see that happen again.

:laughpound That's funny right there!! I need you to come argue with my wife, I'm not very good at turning the tables!!

It was alittle ranty, ill admit. Just get tired of some of the stuff going on around here. Like a spoiled rotten teenager who had his trans am taken away.

it is about expectations and potential. we underachieve, so we are like the parents taking away the trans when the child gets a 'd' in algebra even though his/her itbs test has him/her in the 90 percentile. those who are upset are not out of line.

Ah, the angst of expectations. A common theme:

One of the worst things in the world is unrealized expectations. Whether those expectations were realistic or not, when we expect something of someone and they don't produce it, often the backlash can be more than is warranted. Meno is probably dealing with some of that, because we see his physique and those flashes of brilliance and we think he can be another Mo Purify, but he's not Mo Purify - he's Meno Holt. Allowing him to be the best Meno Holt he can be is difficult for fans yearning for a breakout season.

There's a whole branch of psychology that deals with unrealized expectations. You'll find a lot of this kind of discussion in marriage counseling, where neither party is really doing anything wrong, they're just not doing what the disaffected partner(s) expect(s).

Ah, the angst of expectations. A common theme:

One of the worst things in the world is unrealized expectations. Whether those expectations were realistic or not, when we expect something of someone and they don't produce it, often the backlash can be more than is warranted. Meno is probably dealing with some of that, because we see his physique and those flashes of brilliance and we think he can be another Mo Purify, but he's not Mo Purify - he's Meno Holt. Allowing him to be the best Meno Holt he can be is difficult for fans yearning for a breakout season.

There's a whole branch of psychology that deals with unrealized expectations. You'll find a lot of this kind of discussion in marriage counseling, where neither party is really doing anything wrong, they're just not doing what the disaffected partner(s) expect(s).

That's a good point.

I suppose you could look at sports fanhood as a microcosm of human nature.

This sport, this college sport, it isnt there job. Its not the NFL though we would like to treat it like that. There job is to perform but hey even if they dont win they still get a sh#t load of money. All these teams have to play for is pride. Most will never see the next level, or the big contract. Some will be insurance salesmen or bank managers. And occasionally they will recount of the glory days when they had a tough game between Georgia but they pulled it out of the trenches and how amazing it was just to be there. But you sit there behind your glass box and be critical of every little thing they do. Who are you to judge someones life or how they perform. How would any of you feel if there were thousands of people watching you perform at work, or judging how you build your deck. No one likes to be put under the microscope and be picked and prodded on everything they do or dont do. I want you to think about this nebraska fans, we have been victims of our own need for perfection before. I would hate to see that happen again.

this board, this free to everyone board, it is not our job. it is not rivals though we would like to treat it like that. our job is to perform, but hey, even if we don't make an agreeable point, we still get a load of shoot. all these poster have to post is for pride. most will never see the next level, start a blog, or get published. some will leave, some will become mods. and occasionally they will recount the glory days when their post got more than four '+1's' because they had a moment of inspiration on the can and how amazing it was just to get recognized. but you sit there behind your glass box and be critical of every little thought they post. who are you to judge someones life or how they post? how would you feel if there was one dude criticizing your posts, or judging your grammar? no poster likes to be put under the microscope and be picked and prodded on everything they do or don't post. i want you to think about this, huskerboard members, we have been victims of our own need for agreeable posts. i would hate to see that happen again.

sd'sker...this was a masterpiece of a reply. Kudos to this beautifully crafted work of sarcastic ownage.