Three Things About Saturday That Burn Me Up!

1) Nebraska lost to Northwestern

2) The Big Ten Network announced that it's next edition of Big 10 Icons was going to be T.O. which I find amazingly stupid since T.O. achieved his icon status in the Big 12 and has never done anything for the Big 10 except occasionally trounce their teams while he was coaching in the Big 8 and the Big 12

3) The Big Ten Network spent a little time telling everyone watching that 28 years ago today, Mike Rozier and the Huskers ran over Cy and the Iowa State Cyclones by over 50 points which was embarassing enough but then they failed to mention my amazing two catches for 7 yards against the Husker 3rd team defense in the closing moments of the 4th quarter!

Oh...and one other thing even though I said there was only three

4) The Big 12, instead of replacing crappy Colorado, mediocre Missouri and always tough Nebraska with some easy opponents like SDSU or Northeast Illinois so that the Clones can have a winning record once in a while, instead, invite in perenial powerhouses WV and TCU. What? USC too busy to join?

That is all

2) The Big Ten Network announced that it's next edition of Big 10 Icons was going to be T.O. which I find amazingly stupid since T.O. achieved his icon status in the Big 12 and has never done anything for the Big 10 except occasionally trounce their teams while he was coaching in the Big 8 and the Big 12

3) The Big Ten Network spent a little time telling everyone watching that 28 years ago today, Mike Rozier and the Huskers ran over Cy and the Iowa State Cyclones by over 50 points which was embarassing enough but then they failed to mention my amazing two catches for 7 yards against the Husker 3rd team defense in the closing moments of the 4th quarter!

4) The Big 12, instead of replacing crappy Colorado, mediocre Missouri and always tough Nebraska with some easy opponents like SDSU or Northeast Illinois so that the Clones can have a winning record once in a while, instead, invite in perenial powerhouses WV and TCU. What? USC too busy to join?

That is all

Hey there Cy......long time no read! You could give me a laugh on a bad weekend. That TT win must have been pretty nice! Don't be a stranger

TCU and WVU pass for perennial powerhouses these days?

TO also didn't really achieve his icon status in the Big 12... He only coached two seasons in the Big 12, and by that time he was already a CFB icon. He built his legend in the Big 8, and the Big Ten Network does more to honor the history of the Big 8 than the Big 12 does.

• Fire 1

TCU and WVU pass for perennial powerhouses these days?

TO also didn't really achieve his icon status in the Big 12... He only coached two seasons in the Big 12, and by that time he was already a CFB icon. He built his legend in the Big 8, and the Big Ten Network does more to honor the history of the Big 8 than the Big 12 does.

Agreed.

What ticked me off more was losing to Northwestern and then looking forward to taping the Osborne Icon show , yet Big 10 network talks football over a half hour into the special and then joins the Osborne special ALREADY IN PROGRESS.... AAAAAAAARRRRRGHGHGGHHHGGGHHHHHH ! That was one screwed up Saturday night ..

That is all

What a refreshing post in the midst of our agony! Thanks so much!! (You'll always have the sweet memory of Iowa St. beating Nebraska before we left. My Cyclone friends remind me of that win every time I see them! lol) Great win against Texas Tech!!

Meh. And congrats to the Big Texass conference to throwing out a lifeline to a school that makes no geographic sense in joining their conference. Guess they'll do anything to save their Big East..err..Big Texass hopes to put the Whorns in a conference game.

then they failed to mention my amazing two catches for 7 yards against the Husker 3rd team defense in the closing moments of the 4th quarter!

You should be stoked! That can only mean one thing: They are saving those for their own episode of Big 10 Icons! :corndance

You Cyclones need to come to the Big 10. Of course, the Longhorns will tell you that if you do that, you will NEVER, EVER recruit from the fabled Texas pipeline again, which is where all the best 5-7 teams get their talent.