ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!

In short be disappointed in the loss, express concerns about the o-line or the defense. But support the damn team win or loss or go cheer for Mizzou, Okie-lite, Auburn, or any of those other teams with no history of greatness, and a bandwagon fan base that vanishes after the first loss of any season.

I did not say you could not be critical. In fact in my post I encouraged it. The defense played porously, the offensive line couldn't get a push. Rex looked tired, probably due in part to the offensive line, Memorial stadium for as rocking as it was last week was completely dead this week. Discussions like those are the ones I come to read. I was incredibly disappointed in the game and the way much of the team played. I came on within minutes of the game to read discussion on that, or maybe even Martinez's excellent play and the fact that he took the team on his shoulders a nearly willed it to a win in the 2nd half. However as disappointed as I was in the game, I was even more disappointed in the the threads started by some "fans" such as "Get Ready for another Decade of Mediocrity," "Bo Needs to Go," and other extreme threads of that nature were the embarrassment.

Criticize, have good discussion, express disappointments, thoughts and concerns, but support the team!

My bet Bo & Company (especially Bo) even most players NEVER read message boards including Huskerboard, HuskerMAX, Huskerpedia, Huskerwhatever, etc

I doubt the coaches read these boards much, but the players do.

Are you sure? Perhaps team rules? Unlikely but ........

Quite sure. And there are no team rules prohibiting reading message boards.

My bet Bo & Company (especially Bo) even most players NEVER read message boards including Huskerboard, HuskerMAX, Huskerpedia, Huskerwhatever, etc

I doubt the coaches read these boards much, but the players do.

Are you sure? Perhaps team rules? Unlikely but ........

Quite sure. And there are no team rules prohibiting reading message boards.

I can guarantee X-Husker players read these posts. I know one for sure.

In short be disappointed in the loss, express concerns about the o-line or the defense. But support the damn team win or loss or go cheer for Mizzou, Okie-lite, Auburn, or any of those other teams with no history of greatness, and a bandwagon fan base that vanishes after the first loss of any season.

I did not say you could not be critical. In fact in my post I encouraged it. The defense played porously, the offensive line couldn't get a push. Rex looked tired, probably due in part to the offensive line, Memorial stadium for as rocking as it was last week was completely dead this week. Discussions like those are the ones I come to read. I was incredibly disappointed in the game and the way much of the team played. I came on within minutes of the game to read discussion on that, or maybe even Martinez's excellent play and the fact that he took the team on his shoulders a nearly willed it to a win in the 2nd half. However as disappointed as I was in the game, I was even more disappointed in the the threads started by some "fans" such as "Get Ready for another Decade of Mediocrity," "Bo Needs to Go," and other extreme threads of that nature were the embarrassment.

Criticize, have good discussion, express disappointments, thoughts and concerns. JUST. DON'T. BE. STUPID.

In other words it's ok to criticize the players and fans, but not Bo.

• Fire 1

i think the problem is that there is a lot of frustration because of the games we do lose. i agree that the board embarrasses itself after loses, but at the same time, people are getting tired of losing to teams we should not lose to. that is no excuse for reducing the board to petulant whining. but, it is hard to think about how good this season could have been had we won on saturday, and how it will now just be like the last two, if not worse. but as many in the sporting world have said, it is what it is.

Criticize, have good discussion, express disappointments, thoughts and concerns. JUST. DON'T. BE. STUPID.

The question is, who determines what is stupid and what isn't. No one posts something that they themselves think is stupid. They are expressing a opinion on an internet message board. One person's stupid is another persons really good, well thought out post.

The only thing that is for sure....is that not everyone is going to agree, and there is no way to make it happen.

:facepalm: ... fail... :bang:throw:wtf ... I give up... guess some things can't be fixed.

P.S. edited my last post, frustration came out in the last sentence. Fixed it for hopefully clearer meaning.

I don't think that's what he's getting at either. We can criticize Bo with no qualms in my opinion. But calling for him to be fired, question his assistant's morals and off the field activities, and a bunch of other worthless diatribe is the issue I think being presented here.

these threads are really arrogant. i am surprised the posters can reach their keyboards atop their such high horses. yes, people who overreact are frustrating and annoying, but so are people who have some superiority complex and has to tell everyone how wrong they are in their emotions and posting. the board just devolves into posts that are unreadable because they are irrational and extreme and posts that are unreadable because they are just lectures one how everyone should behave as 'husker fans'. neither does any good, much like this post. in this post, i am as guilty as anyone i am complaining about, but that is the point for internet message boards, to be heard. but stop feeling sorry for yourselves because no one heeds your advice about how they should behave.

• Fire 3

I don't think that's what he's getting at either. We can criticize Bo with no qualms in my opinion. But calling for him to be fired, question his assistant's morals and off the field activities, and a bunch of other worthless diatribe is the issue I think being presented here.

I think you hit the crux of the issue here Enhance. Some people do think that Bo should be fired, and that is their opinion. Why is that worthless diatribe? What makes that opinion any less than someone's who think Bo is great. I've seen as many posts in here saying "Bo is a great coach". I think that is almost as extreme as calling for him to be fired. But the thing is, whoever said it, that is their opinion. If someone can refute an opinion with facts and data, that's great, it makes a compelling argument, but calling it worthless just because it is different than the one you share (not necessarily you in particular, buy "you" in general) is just as bad.

Assistant coachs morals and off-field activites I'm staying away from. I don't know what goes on in Lincoln and morals are way to personal to get into here. That's a loaded issue.

• Fire 1

Dearest Fairweather Fans,

I have been a long time reader of this board, I seldom post. I come here for many reasons, most of which is because of the great information and discussion that takes place on the board. This board is an escape, a chance to fall into husker heaven and take in all the great things about this amazing team that has led me to many moments of jubilation, triumph, and pride. However, as with all things in life, there have been moments of disappointment as well. That's life.

This posting however will not be about the team. It is about and directly issued at YOU, the "fan" calling for Bo to be replaced, it is to you, the "fan" calling for the removal of the blackshirts, it is to you the "fan" who calls out individual players like you would do a better job while wiping the potato chip grease off your fingers across the red over worn '95 championship shirt that goes only fits so far to cover the top half of your belly button, while you recline in your lazy boy. It is to you, the "fan" who after a win will come to gloat and bask in all it's glory, proclaiming that "We are back" only to the next week after a loss, come in here to blast the team and every single component of it. This letter is to you!

If you are one of those who cannot handle criticism and are thus going to quit reading this before getting to the point, I will state the jist of it now. You are an embarrassment and a disgrace to the entire fan base. If you were a fan of Texas, Michigan, Iowa or any other team and posting on their board, we would have a thread here on huskerboard pointing out your moronic spewing of trollish comments directed at your own team. You, your team, and your fan base would be mocked for over-reacting and your supreme ability to show your idiocy. And the most ironic part is; you would most likely be the one to start the thread.

The game this weekend was one we should have won; it was a disappointment to be sure. We had set ourselves up well to finish with a chance at a conference championship and a high BCS bowl, the season was looking "Rosey". However, this game in every single way was set up to be a trap game, and we all knew it. An emotional hard fought win the previous week, a big game the following week; and an under-performing yet solid team to face this week. They were over-looked and we got caught. This isn't the first time it has happened it happens every week to good teams, excellent teams, and exceptional teams. Even '97 NU damn near got caught at Mizzou. To call for a coaches head or anything of that matter following a loss of such a nature during what is an otherwise very decent season "so far" is asinine and an over-reaction in the extreme.

Trolls should not be wearing red and white and posting on a Nebraska message board as a fan. We Nebraska fans are better than what this board has shown over the weekend. Hold yourself to that standard or find a team with a lower standard.

Fans aren't the problem

Unless they stop buying tickets and watching TV.

The "fire Bo" squad all seem to gravitate toward the fact that losing to a far lesser team is becoming a trend. You can say that, but it's only been 4 years. A MNC wasn't going to come overnight. I think this squad simply thinks Bo can't change that trend that we'll underwhelm at least once a year.

But remember "fire Bo" squad, losing to the big opponents was a trend not to long ago under Bo. I had faith that NU was on the upswing under Bo, but their were times in his first years when I knew we wouldn't have a chance against great opponents. He's changed that trend. Missouri last year, OSU and MSU this year to name the ones that come to mind. MU and MSU were top-10 wins, and OSU is going to end up possibly being our win of the year.

Competing in big games is one thing - and a trend we have bucked - but overlooking teams and underwhelming is a mental thing that is just taking longer for Bo and his staff to work out.