ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!

Great post man! I agree with everything you said.

And correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm going to defend what I think might be a reactionary response to this, but the OP is not saying you can't be critical of the team. Far from it. However, I think the point is that the reactionary threads and posts coming from many of our fans are just downright embarrassing and downright uninformed.

These things happen, people, just like the OP said.

If you've been a long time reader of this board, then surely you've seen several threads on this board after a loss that are exactly like yours by now.

Husker fans are, ultimately, no different from fans of any other team from any other sport. It is what it is, and nobody has the power to change that.

And thusly doth the cycle continue...

• Fire 4

A "message board" makes it very easy for people to "vent' there frustrations and have their voice be "heard". Everyone wants to vent and be heard. No different than any other team message board.

I don't know that "message board" fans represent the entire fanbase as a whole. A lot of talk now takes place on message boards instead of just bars, cafes, and barber shops.

• Fire 2

Right. if you criticize your own team you are a "troll".

Stupid ignorant line of thinking.

Once again, anybody who isn't criticizing the team is a sunshine pumper and is ignorant to the truth of the world!!!!!

Give me a break. He's obviously talking about the reactionary BS that's been flowing around this board like sewage in a drain pipe the last couple of days. He didn't say criticizing makes you a troll. Nobody here has a problem with constructive criticism. It's criticism that is not put together well, or that is unfounded, that is the subject of the OP's post.

How come you can't be a fan and be critical. I think the play on Saturday was criticism worthy. Is some of it over the top, yes, but I really think that is in the minority.

I for one feel quite justified in questioning certain things that happen on the field. I'm not calling for anyone's head, just questioning. Seems like an awfull lot of good points have been brought up, good football points, points that don't seem to be so uninformed.

I think someone should start a thread calling out all the "holier than thoughs" that are SO much better fans.

But sorry Ty, we're sorry we are an embarassment to you good fans. I'll try to see if I can find a golden halo to match yours. Maybe there should be a seperate, password proteced forum for just the good fans. It would keep us "less worthies" out.

In all seriousness. I wonder how many posts there have been that have actually said they want Bo fired. There are a lot of posts with questions about him, but I'm thinking it's really less than you would think that are actually saying "fire him". Could be wrong, but I don't think so.

• Fire 1

I think what stunk about this game is that we did enough to both win and lose. On offense, I thought Taylor stepped up and played great. On the downside, we couldn't seem to stay on the field early and was unable to get one yard on a couple of occasions. And we turned it over. On defense, we forced turnovers and made big plays. At the same time, we were unable to get off the field at times and couldn't get their run game stopped late due to fatigue or whatever excuse you want to put out there. On specials, I look at the work by Maher in the punt game and it makes me smile. But the kick return to start the second half was a killer.

It was good. It was bad.

It should have been a win.

It's easy to find fault with most everyone, but hard to be critical of them because they did good things too.

Frustrating.

ERRRR.... please, let's get to Saturday soon so that I can quit taking pain meds while trying to think through this damnable abomination.

Right. if you criticize your own team you are a "troll".

Stupid ignorant line of thinking.

Once again, anybody who isn't criticizing the team is a sunshine pumper and is ignorant to the truth of the world!!!!!

It goes both ways. Either you're a sunshine pumper, or you're a bandwagon fan who's just here to troll the board.

Like I've been saying, this is something that's going to happen with every team in the country, no matter the sport, no matter the level. If your team wins, people will say they can beat anybody. If they lose, people will freak out. In both instances, you have the middle-of-the-roaders saying, "It's not as good/bad as you think it is." Much arguing ensues, much changing of opinions does not.

That's where "And thusly doth the cycle continue..." comes in.