Is Bo making progress towards a national championship?

A simple question really. In light of the recruiting, motivation and preparation issues that dog this team - take a step back, forget about X's/O's, offense/defense schemes and assess the program in it's entirety since Bo arrived.

Forget about 2008 since that was a crap shoot, but since 2009, has this program progressed towards a national championship?

This question gets beat to death. TO was basically handed a team that had become accustomed to winning a NC when Devaney retired. How did his first four years go? Bo was handed a team that just accomplished what no Nebraska team had accomplished since the early 60's. If you want to join the likes of Notre Dumb with their coaching carousel, so be it. Personally, I don't. How many people thought it would take TO two decades to win a NC when he took over? I don't know that we need to give Bo two decades, but he needs at least one.

Why is it beating a dead a$$?

After the near miss in 09 everyone talked about 2010 and how that was going to be the year Bo busted out. Remember the comments Carl P made about how "year 3" is the time when it all comes together? Oopps! 4 losses. Fast forward to 2011 - another disaster in the making with yet another loss to an unranked team at home. Looks like we're becoming another Iowa type program.

Serious question: Do YOU feel we're any closer to winning any sort of championship under Bo?

This question gets beat to death. TO was basically handed a team that had become accustomed to winning a NC when Devaney retired. How did his first four years go? Bo was handed a team that just accomplished what no Nebraska team had accomplished since the early 60's. If you want to join the likes of Notre Dumb with their coaching carousel, so be it. Personally, I don't. How many people thought it would take TO two decades to win a NC when he took over? I don't know that we need to give Bo two decades, but he needs at least one.

Aha. Bo needs 10 years to come close to (or win) a championship. I'm guessing by your response it's a B1GC that you're talking about....

Wow.

At $3million/year?

You do know that every time people like you bring up TO and Bo it's apples to oranges, right? If I need to explain what I mean by that I'm wasting my time really.

I'll bite I guess.

They've shown improvement almost every year and have made it to confrence championship games, which is the first step. I think it's just a matter of figuring out how to compete consistently in those games and a little luck. Given a few more years I think Nebraska will consistently be at the top again. Bo and co are a young bunch, they just need a little time.

I know Ive been pretty critical of Bo and some players but you take it to a whole different level. You have started so many threads the last couple days that are basically the exact same thing. Give it a rest. There are plenty of threads already available for you to voice your opinion.

I know Ive been pretty critical of Bo and some players but you take it to a whole different level. You have started so many threads the last couple days that are basically the exact same thing. Give it a rest. There are plenty of threads already available for you made by you to voice your opinion.

Fixed it for you.

• Fire 1