Will the Nebraska vs. Penn State game be Paterno's last?

Joe Pa is getting a lot of heat. The media is swarming the campus and staking out Paterno's house as well. Many feel that he will not survive this scandal. I for one agree. He will most likely be gone sometime this year. It would be very interesting if Nebraska was the last team he coached against before being forced out. I wonder if he would resign if he beat us? I suppose he would if he was pressured hard enough by the university.

I'm sure he will want to go out on a winning note. A Nebraska loss would be a nice parting gift indeed. I for one don't want to earn that label (Pareno's last victory for the Nittany lions) especially after the embarassing loss last week. I hope we can rebound and win regardless if he resigns or not after this game. A Husker loss this week would really mark the season as one of failed expectations.

I don't think this will be his last game but I bet it is the last season. The wheels turn slow on this type of thing but I could be wrong.

There's nothing slow about it. It's actually unfolding very fast as the scope of the horror of this hits the public and anger sets in. The time-frame of Sandusky's trial does not equate to administrative punishment of the athletic department. The trustees are meeting tonight and tomorrow, and there are a number of indicators that Spanier is out. I don't think JoePa survives the week. He will probably be asked to resign, but if he refuses he will be removed.

He won't be in the stadium this weekend I can just about guarantee you.

His son Scott has said he will in fact be in the stadium and will actually be on the sideline.

I kid you not.

They're not going to okay his firing/forced resignation with his son before it happens, so what he says is pretty meaningless. All it means is that Paterno isn't quitting voluntarily.

I don't think this will be his last game but I bet it is the last season. The wheels turn slow on this type of thing but I could be wrong.

There's nothing slow about it. It's actually unfolding very fast as the scope of the horror of this hits the public and anger sets in. The time-frame of Sandusky's trial does not equate to administrative punishment of the athletic department. The trustees are meeting tonight and tomorrow, and there are a number of indicators that Spanier is out. I don't think JoePa survives the week. He will probably be asked to resign, but if he refuses he will be removed.

I guess we will see, I will not be disappointed if I am wrong that's for sure.