JoePa Out

bmaher

Penn State is going to be lucky to fill a recruiting class this year.

I think you got that right. I know a local HS senior O-Lineman very well (friend of my son and ex teammate) who signed intent for PSU for next year. I have not heard if he is changing yet but I would be extremely surprised if he doesn't. He is the most focused, dedicated, HS athlete I have ever personally experienced. A real class kid. I was originally happy for him to receive an offer from a top notch program like PSU but now I feel sorry that he will probably have to scramble for an alternate. I will put in another good word for the Huskers (if they're interested) to him.

It seems to me that most orginzations would clean house at any hint of such a scandal of this proportion. I can't believe he gets to stay for as long as he does? Where does PSU go now as far as coaching?

Greg Shiano, Rutgers. He's a PSU alum, he's a quality coach, and above all else, he appears to be a quality person.

There's no way Penn State gets a name coach in Happy Valley this decade--the stench of this will taint even the strongest of names, regardless of Ws or Ls. But someone like Greg Shiano can rise above it and possibly bring some respectability back to PSU.

It seems to me that most orginzations would clean house at any hint of such a scandal of this proportion. I can't believe he gets to stay for as long as he does? Where does PSU go now as far as coaching?

fans here claim it's Urban.......................he already bought a house and his daughter is going here :dunno:moreinteresting

This is coming out of Joe's camp. Penn St could still drop the hammer by Friday if they see fit.

Won't happen. Joe Pa hasn't even been on the field to coach. They'll let him take it one last time, aptly against newcomer Nebraska, and then he'll go off into the sunset.

And I'm somewhat conflicted about Joe Pa--part of me feels bad for the man and his family, especially after seeing what his family does for the community up there (thanks to the Live Big BTN series). But on the other hand, Joe Pa should have followed up on his reports to the AD.

Just let the man have one game, on the sideline and in a chair, if necessary, against Nebraska, and then call it a day, win or lose.

fans here claim it's Urban.......................he already bought a house and his daughter is going here :dunno:moreinteresting

Urban won't touch Penn State with a 10' pole. He's likely a shoe-in for tOSU, at any rate, and tOSU will be in a better position in 10 years' time than PSU will after the dust has settled from their respective scandals.

And don't think the NCAA won't step in and levy sanctions against Penn State--if this isn't a complete lack of institutional control, then I don't know what is.

ANYBODY supporting Paterno or anyone else involved is COMPLETE garbage IMO. I can't even read any of the articles without just about puking at the thought of the Dumb ass GA that called his daddy before the Police or JoePa WTF Call the F'ing Police this is a complete Failure as HUMAN beings HORRIBLE!

ANYBODY supporting Paterno or anyone else involved is COMPLETE garbage IMO. I can't even read any of the articles without just about puking at the thought of the Dumb ass GA that called his daddy before the Police or JoePa WTF Call the F'ing Police this is a complete Failure as HUMAN beings HORRIBLE!

Your right yesterday some dumb @ss called into Jim Rome saying he probably was thinking about his career. If he took a stand against this he would not be facing any career hurt they would have threw a parade. The GA would be looked at as someone that would look out for a recruit no matter what. JoePa status would have went from Legend to Saint. Their own selfish motivations outweighed what was in the best interest of the child. Any attempt at an excuse is sad and laughable.

Urban won't touch Penn State with a 10' pole. He's likely a shoe-in for tOSU, at any rate, and tOSU will be in a better position in 10 years' time than PSU will after the dust has settled from their respective scandals.

And don't think the NCAA won't step in and levy sanctions against Penn State--if this isn't a complete lack of institutional control, then I don't know what is.

This isn't how that works. People are going to get punished, but this isn't something the NCAA could (or should, or is even designed to) try and tack on punishment for. Anything they could do would look pretty meaningless and stupid against the seriousness of what happened... This is a criminal matter and these people belong in jail for the rest of their lives, and those that are loosely affiliated enough to slip through that will forever be tarnished by the scandal and their own moral failings.