Bring back Bill Busch!

I know it sounds a little crazy asking for a Clownahan guy to return but there's an exception to every rule & I think he's the one. Oh boy, that dude was a recruiting machine and a native Nebraskan.

I think Bo develops talent with the best of them (defensively anyways) and bringing in a real-deal recruiting guru might just be what the doctor asked for. I don't know where he is now.....Utah St, I think? But it might be worth considering.

GBR!!

Busch? If he's so great why is he stuck at Utah State? Why did a coach under him move into a staff role at an AQ school in Raymond?

Busch was great. Urban Meyer thought so too. That's a good enough endorsement for me. Raymond had better connections to this staff which is why he got hired here. We technically hired Raymond away from Indiana anyway.

Busch? If he's so great why is he stuck at Utah State? Why did a coach under him move into a staff role at an AQ school in Raymond?

Busch was great. Urban Meyer thought so too. That's a good enough endorsement for me. Raymond had better connections to this staff which is why he got hired here. We technically hired Raymond away from Indiana anyway.

He must have something going on. Indianna has always been a powerhouse.

T_O_B

G>B>R

He must have something going on. Indianna has always been a powerhouse.

T_O_B

G>B>R

LOL-first time today. Thanks for that. :rollin

This got me to thinking. why don't we use more of the former player's for position coach's. It seem's to work pretty well for OU. Will Shields to help with O-Line, Grant Wistrom with D-Line. I would think this would help with recruiting some of the better player's out there as well.

This got me to thinking. why don't we use more of the former player's for position coach's. It seem's to work pretty well for OU. Will Shields to help with O-Line, Grant Wistrom with D-Line. I would think this would help with recruiting some of the better player's out there as well.

John Garrison, Brendan Stai, Joe Ganz.

John Garrison, Brendan Stai, Joe Ganz.

And how many of these 3 were pro bowlers in the NFL year in and year out.

Not the "best players make the best coaches" argument again!

What position did Busch coach under Callahan? Safeties?

I tend to think we have a very promising recruiting coordinator in Jon Papuchis, and a pretty good recruiter as well. And Raymond, very excited about him as a coach and as a recruiter.

So this would be an interesting scenario, could be possible, if we want to divvy up the DB responsibilities again. It might work better to have them all on the same page though, as interchangeable as the parts are in the back seven, and I'd stick with Raymond there.

If we do go with one OL coach next year the spot I would point to as being most crucial to fill is that of a dedicated QBs coach. Beck is still a young OC who is growing on the job...and has a lot on his plate. He pulls his weight and then some, and is a key recruiting asset, too. We could really benefit from taking the QB coach role off his shoulders and letting a promising coach/recruiter handle that position.

Other guy I wanted to mention would've been Doug Colman, but...